Letters
492 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd's pov)

3 days have passed since Ryoto's disappearance. The whole family, minus one, was in distress, but today, they may get some answers. Ryoto was ready for something unexpected like his disappearance to happen, and for that reason, he wrote a few letters that he then gave to Rin to open if he ever went missing.

She hoped that she would never have a need to open them, but it was just wishful thinking on her part.

Today, she and Isane gathered the whole family. Akio, unfortunately, didn't show up for obvious reasons, which made his siblings pretty upset with him. There was, however, an additional guest in the room. Soi Fon was also part of this at Ryoto's request. He knew that if he vanished, it would remind her of how Yoruichi abandoned her without saying a word. Ryoto didn't want to commit the same mistake as the little black cat before him.

Soi Fon was feeling very tense by being in the room with the Yuuki family. She felt out of place, and it didn't help that another one of her captains went missing. Ryoto may not be declared criminal, but she was ready to hear the news at any moment, and she was restless because of that.

*Clap* *Clap*

Rin gathered the attention of everyone by clapping two times.

"Now, everyone, I know that you are all worried about Ryoto, but he was prepared for something like that to happen. That's why he left these letters for us to read. Isane already knows about them, but neither of us knows what's inside." Rin showed two of these letters to everyone. "One of these is for the family, and the other is specifically for Soi Fon."

"What about the other 9?" Gin asked, seeing that there was part of letters on the side.

Rin's mood went down, and so did Isane's.

"It's in case the body is found, but for now, let's not focus on that. Let's open the first letter, and you, Soi Fon, can either read with us or take it and read it alone. We are not going to force you in any way." Rin reassured the lieutenant of Squad 2 as she placed her hand on a short girl's shoulder.

"I... I'll read it with everyone. It's only fair since you invited me."

Rin nodded and turned her attention to the closed letter. She then proceeded to open it and read it out loud.

__________

If you are reading this, I'm gone for at least 3 days without contact with anyone. I don't know what happened, but I may have jinxed myself by saying that I was going for a walk. If I did that, many things could happen. Let's just hope that I didn't find Quincies' secret base. It would be truly unlucky.

In any case, wherever I am, it should take me at most 5 years before I return. If I'm lucky, it could be faster. As long as there isn't a body, I'm 98% alive.

All in all, send the message to everyone who needs to know of my absence. You can tell Yama-jii that I took a vacation, though. Also, say to Soi Fon that she is the top dog when I'm not around, although I'll probably mention it in her letter anyway, so do what you want.

Last but not least, Rin, Isane, Masaru, Yukima, Akio, Gin, Matsumoto. I love you all, and I'll be back soon.

__________

There was silence in the room until Masaru slammed the table everyone was sitting at and stood up aggressively.

"I'm getting Akio here even if I'm forced to drag him by the foot!"

Masaru, for the first time in a long time, if not in life, was really angry. They had a family emergency, and Akio didn't even show up!

Isane lowered her head while Rin calmly called her son.

"Masaru, calm down."

"How can I be calm!? How can you!?" Masaru retorted.

"I'm not, but we can't lose control of ourselves at a time like this. Do you think that your father would want that?"

Masaru stiffened and sat down reluctantly, and the atmosphere became awkward. That was until Gin spoke up.

"So, all we can do is wait for Ryoto." The way he talked was as if he didn't care for his adopted father, which annoyed Yukima.

"Don't you care what happens to Dad?" She growled at the silvered-haired boy with some venom in her voice, but it didn't affect Gin at all.

"Ryoto is strong, so if he says he is fine, he is fine. If you can't see it, then either you are blind and/or don't trust your own father." Gin was speaking calmly with a voice full of conviction and confidence, shutting Yukima up.

"Ryoto promised to return, and I'm choosing to believe in him just as I believed him the day we met. He didn't lie to me then, and I doubt he'll lie to us now."

Both Rin and Isane smiled at Gin's words.

"Well said, Gin. We can only wait, and just like it was said in the letter, as long as the body isn't found, there is a big chance Ryoto is alive and will find a way to come back. It doesn't mean that we will sit around and do nothing. We'll try to look for him whenever we can, but we shouldn't sacrifice our daily duties and training. He wouldn't have wanted it."

And so, a seed of hope was planted, but there was still one more letter to read.

The attention moved to Soi Fon, who, in response, opened the letter and started reading it.

__________

Hey Soi Fon...

To be honest, I don't know what to say in this letter. I was hoping that it would never come to this, but if you are reading this, my location is unknown.

First, I would like to apologize to you. I imagine that this whole situation reminds you of when Yoruichi left. If you didn't hear from me, then it wasn't by choice and was probably very unexpected for me as well.

Also, I want you to look after the Squad in my absence.

If you need any help, ask Rin and Isane, but if it's something more complicated, you can request assistance from either Kuchiki or Shihoin clan. They owe me a few favors, so you can cash them out if needed.

Remember, whatever you do, work hard, study well, eat, and sleep plenty. When I'll be back, you'll want me gone in no time.

Stay healthy.

__________

Once against silence prevailed in the room.

Soi Fon then stood up, bowed respectfully, and left the Yuuki household with the letter in her hand. When she thought she was far enough, she stopped walking and looked at the piece of paper in her hand as a lone tear flowed down her cheek until it dropped on the letter.

With a weak voice directed at no one, Soi Fon finally said. "You idiot captain..."

---

END 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

Patreön.com/Kurit (Up to 10 chapters ahead and exclusive illustrations.)

19