Hueco Mundo
514 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

I'm going, to be honest. I should be more worried, but right now, I feel more perplexed than anything else.

I was kidnapped by Hollows. I don't think anyone other than Orihime in the future can relate. I am aware that they were ordered by someone to do it, but still, the whole situation is ridiculous.

The only suspect is Aizen and his lackeys, but the longer I think, the more reasons I find to not suspect him. It's not his style. And if it's not him, then either there is a 3rd party involved with a similar mindset to Aizen, or there was insubordination in Aizen's ranks. Both are very unlikely, but I can't think of any other answers. 

It would need to be someone who has a grudge against me, which could be a lot of people. I made a lot of enemies because of my work. I could have killed someone's lover, father, mother, sister, friend, and so on, and they seek revenge. They just couldn't do it in a direct way because of my position and strength, and now that they got a chance, they pulled the trigger to get rid of me.

Normally, sending me to Hueco Mundo would be equal to killing me. I would not have any way back, but I'm not normal. I'll find a way, and I need to do it in 5 years or shorter since I made a promise in the letter I wrote.

Now, into a quick-approaching problem. What can I eat in this wasteland?

---

I walked around the desert, not seeing anything or anyone. There were a few mindless Hollows that tried to eat me, but I defeated them without any difficulties.

The problem is that I didn't find any food. I could probably eat the Hollows if I'm desperate enough, but I'll stop myself from doing it until absolutely necessary. Who knows, maybe I'll find a forbidden garden here somewhere.

Who am I kidding? Of course, it won't happen. Life isn't nice enough for me for it to happen. That's why I'm going for a walk. Nothing better to do anyway.

---

I finally found intelligent life in this godforsaken land, but they weren't too friendly. Not to mention that they were apparently part of Barragan's army. How do I know it? They weren't exactly secretive about it.

All said and done, I would be on the run again if I didn't dispose of everyone.

No witnesses, perfect stealth, just as I like it.

I also would say that I am lost, but I don't know where I was, to begin with. Nothing a little exploration won't fix.

---

I haven't had anything to eat or drink for the last week. It looks like I need to implement plan B.

Kill Hollow, eat it, and drink its blood.

*Sigh*

What my life has turned into.

---

Hollows don't taste good, and I couldn't even make it tastier because I didn't have the necessary equipment to cook anything.

Of course, I only ate nonsentient Hollows. I may have turned a bit numb to violence in the past century or two, but there are still lines I won't cross.

It's still disgusting, but I can't die just yet.

Now that I know that I won't starve to death, I can start thinking about how to get back to Soul Society. I could 'kindly ask' some Hollows to create Garganta for me, but I can't guarantee that they won't just trap me in between worlds. I could also probably wait for Soul Society to figure out how to get to Hueco Mundo, but I don't know how long it will get them to figure out that I'm here, then build a machine to cross here and then find me. Hueco Mundo is a big place, after all.

Maybe there are some kinds of ruins with technology that would allow me to go to the human world or Soul Society. Who knows.

---

A few weeks later and I already had a base that I used for sleeping. I couldn't sleep much before, and I still need to sleep with one eye open, but it's better to have something over your head.

I also met Steve.

Steve is a Hollow who tried to eat me in my sleep. I used binding Kido on him, and now he is forever stuck with me in this cave. I only let him live with me because he is weak, and his fur is warm.

Not to mention that it's lonely without anyone to talk to. I have Zangetsu and Gyaku, but talking to the voices in your head isn't the healthiest.

"What do you say, Steve? What should I do?"

"GGGRRAAAAGH!!!" Steve replied, to which I nodded.

"You make fantastic points, but what if it doesn't work?"

"GGGRRAAAAGH!!!"

Steve tried to bite me, but his teeth didn't reach me.

"Hungry already? But I fed you not so long ago. You are a real glutton, you know that?"

Yes, I feed my Hollow. I'm a responsible member of society. I just have a break from said society.

I do that because I don't know if Hollows need to eat to stay alive. I don't do that often and don't feed him powerful Hollows, so he doesn't get stronger. I kinda got attached to his warm fur already.

"GGGRRAAAAGH!!!"

"You made your point, Steve, but please be quiet for a moment."

He didn't listen, so I decided to go outside to clear my head.

---

Weeks went by, and my exploration went as usual. As usual, nothing worthy was found. I'm starting to think that this place is meant to trap me here or something.

At least I have Steve.

"You know, we are starting to worry about you, Jacob. You are going a little crazy." Gyako spoke to me, worried about my well-being.

"You are talking like I wasn't crazy to be with. Just because I mellowed down and acted more mature for the last few decades because of my cautiousness against Aizen and whatever else doesn't mean that I don't have these tendencies anymore. Also, not knowing how to get back doesn't make me feel any better. Don't worry, though. I'm mostly trying not to think about how my situation is absolutely catastrophic with seemingly no way out."

Gyaku went quiet, knowing that was the way I was dealing with my stress. Zangetsu didn't say anything during our exchange. He probably didn't have anything to say. I'm not the same boy with issues I was before that can't deal with my problems and would rather sulk or ignore said problems. I grew up, as sad as it sounds. Also, I'm determined to go back, but being stressed 24/7 wouldn't have helped me.

"I'm back, Steve. Hope that you were being a good Hollow..."

I returned, expecting my new friend to roar at me as he tends to do, but I didn't witness my long-haired friend. He was gone, and in his place, I could see a blond-haired, shark-like humanoid Hollow that was looking at me warily.

"Hello, can I help you?" I started a conversation.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

Patreön.com/Kurit (Up to 10 chapters ahead and exclusive illustrations.)

20