Another One?
618 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd's pov)

As soon as Akio left his mother's office, he used Shunpo to go to a desolate area as fast as possible. When he was far enough from prying eyes, somewhere in the forest outside of Sereitei, he leaned on a tree, took deep breaths, and...

*BLARGH*

He vomited.

The realization of what he had been doing for the past few decades made him sick. Since he started investigating, deep down, he was beginning to understand how narrow-minded he was, but the young Shinigami didn't want to acknowledge it. After the talk with his mother, he couldn't pretend to be ignorant anymore.

Young Yuuki needed some time to calm himself because he practically banished his father to a land full of Hollows. It's true that he believed in his dad's strength. Even during all the times that he hated him, that was the only thing he could admit. Akio believed that Ryoto would return, but it didn't make it any better. It wouldn't justify his actions, but all this created a crucial question.

Why did he see his father beating his mother when he was younger?

Akio was sure that it wasn't a hallucination of any kind. He saw it happening multiple times, and he did monthly tests on himself to check his health just in case, and his mental and physical health was at an acceptable level. His mind was as sharp as ever. Though it could be possible that he was drugged when he was younger, or it was someone's Zanpakuto ability but who...

The gear started turning, the brain going into overwork, and dots started connecting. There was only one person... one group, to be more precise, that he didn't ask about Ryoto, and that was for a good reason. He was confident that they, to some extent, shared his displayed hatred. In fact, it started all started with Aizen, the man he called a teacher, mentor, and friend.

So why... why was he hesitating to ask Aizen for answers.

The answer was very simple.

The more Akio thought, the more he went through memory lane, he noticed... Aizen never opened up to him. His captain was a shoulder he could lean on, someone he could confess his worries, but looking back, he was not only too perfect but felt too empty. Besides the basics, Akio didn't know the man named Aizen Sosuke, even after over a half-century, which was abnormal. Even if Aizen was very private about his personal life, he would share a thing or two about himself in all these years... but he didn't.

However, Akio didn't want to make the same mistake twice. He doesn't want to incriminate Aizen just because he is a bit suspicious of him. He needs evidence and someone he can trust, which leaves only one person... his father.

If what he saw was a lie, then his father is innocent and the only one clear of suspicions at the moment. Until he returned, Akio decided to act like he usually would to not alarm whoever was manipulating his worldview.

He just needed to wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

How do I get myself into these situations?

I mean... I get it, I'm from a world where these kinds of things happen regularly, but I'm in a different world, and it still happens. Not as often, I can admit, at least with strangers, since my nightlife is still as crazy as ever.

I glanced at my left and then at my right arm. Lastly, I checked my front.

I was being held down.

"Care to explain what you are doing?" I asked my 'attackers'.

"Forgive me, Ryoto-sama, but you left us no choice." Sung-Sun on my left answered.

"I just want to clarify that I was against this idea, but I was outvoted." Fran added, at which Sung-Sun rolled her eyes.

"I see, I see. Now pretend like I don't know how I forced all of you to do this."

The snake Hollow sighed.

"Ryoto-sama, both I and Francesca respect you greatly, just as much as Harribel-sama. Even if you are a Shinigami, you earned my and Rose's trust and respect over time. You are powerful but not arrogant, calm but hiding the storm inside of you. You are very similar to Harribel-sama."

"That's great and all, but forgive me if I can't see your loyalty at the moment. My eyesight must be getting worse." I opened my eyes to roll them and closed them after I was done. We were not at the level where I had my eyes constantly open, but they knew how they looked. "Speaking of which, I still don't know why Tier is sitting on my stomach and is very quiet... you know, more than usual."

And she looked shy too, but I didn't say it out loud. I hope that they don't plan on doing what I think. I was in similar situations a long time ago with another Shark girl. Why does this keep happening to me, and why is it always with Shark Girls?

"Ryoto-sama, we wanted it to happen more naturally, but you were being either too stubborn or too blind. You are clearly attracted to Harribel-sama, but you are not acting on your desire."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Do you take me for an animal or teenager, the same thing really, that can't control himself? Even when I was a teenager and lived with the daughter of the most beautiful woman in the galaxy who didn't have common sense, I didn't jump her on the first chance I got. Do you think that I now, when I'm over 200 years old and build immense self-control, won't be able to stay calm around pretty ladies?"

When I was done talking, Tier blushed slightly and tried to hide it by turning her head away from me, but Sung-Sun took away my attention from Harribel to herself.

"No, if you would do that, all my respect for you would vanish. It doesn't mean that you can't get closer, but you don't try anything, and it's frustrating!"

...

That surprised me. It was the first time Sung-Sun yelled at me, but before I could answer in any capacity, Tier stood up from my stomach, surprising both me and our two followers.

"Let's stop this now." That was the only thing she said as she started walking away. She sounded sad saying that, and it provoked some emotions in me.

(E/D: Don't do this.)

"Wait." I grabbed her arm and, at the same time, confusing Sung-Sun and Francesca as I escaped their grasp instantly.

Harribel stopped in her steps and looked at me with her green eyes, and I did the same by opening my eyes.

"Tier, I'm going to be honest with you. It's true that I grew to care for you, and you are indeed very attractive." My words seemed to please Harribel, and so I kept talking. "However, I can't make decisions like these alone, not anymore. My life is not my own anymore. If not for that, I would probably pursue you without a second thought, but before I do that, I'll need to talk to my other lovers. For now, both of us need to be patient, and I hope that you can be satisfied with that."

I slick back her blonde hair with my hand revealing her forehead, leaned towards her, and let my lips gently touch her forehead.

With all that done, I walked away calmly, leaving a frozen Tier and her two companions.

After I was completely gone deeper into the cave, unseen by the three Hollows, Harribel slowly moved her hand to her forehead as if trying to feel or relive the kiss. If her mouth was visible, it would be smiling, but even without that, her eyes were telling plenty.

Happy for their Harribel-sama Sung-Sun and Francesca rushed at her to hug her.

At the same time, I was thinking about how I was going to explain this to Rin and Isane. They are not Lala, who would accept almost everything. Not to mention Yoruichi, who joked about it happening. She is not going to let it go for a long time.

Why is my love life complicated like spaghetti, and why do I keep being attracted to other girls even now? Do I have a problem? Some abandonment issues, perhaps... Trying to surround myself with as many loved ones as possible?

*Sigh*

Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I just gotta live with that.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

Patreön.com/Kurit (Up to 10 chapters ahead and exclusive illustrations.)

23