Chapter 28 – The Beginning
1.3k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[2012 – August]

More than half a year later, Silver was relaxing on the leather couch, playing Kirby's Dream Land 2, while her father did some physical training. Her mother was practicing her magic at the same time and even though neither minded Silver being present while they trained, Silver had nothing against a bit of alone time.

Especially when she could play on her Game Boy in that time, as she had taken a great liking towards that old handheld gaming console.

As a life form with origins in the virtual world, she could hack into every computer or game console there was and win every game she liked with incredible ease, but she didn't want to do that.

She took great inspiration from her father, as he never used his Superspeed in spars or to cheat when playing games with her. He would undoubtly win every time. if he did so.

She had asked him once, why he didn't use it and he had answered, that he simply enjoyed the spars/games more than winning itself.

Since then, she had never even tried to cheat, while playing her games.

The game she was currently playing, was one of the dozens her parents had given her as a Chirstmas present, even though she had only asked for them to go ice-skating together, which they had also done.

Her father had even created a bagpack out of Vibranium and Uru for her with many different compartments, where she could tuck them all away. Her mother's enchantment had made it so that only she could open the bag, while its exterior was constantly shifting in rainbow colours.

Even now Silver had difficulties in expressing the joy she felt at being a real child to her parents and the love she felt for her parents. They had not only given her life and freedom, but also showered her in their love and care.

*DING DONG*

Hearing the door bell ring, Silver connected to the surveillance system and cameras of her home to see who was at the door. Something like that, was as easy as breathing to her and she didn't even need to stop her game while doing so.

Silver recognized the one-eyed man at the door, as the Director of SHIELD, Nick Fury.

A short mental conversation with her parents later and she walked towards the spiral staircase. Though Silver didn't bother walking downstairs, instead she simply jumped down the stairwell.

A split second before her feet touched the ground, the skin on her bare feet shifted a bit, revealing a repulsor node on both of her feet. A short pulse of energy allowed her to slow her fall and land softly, the repulsor nodes already hidden away again under her smooth skin.

And all that while still playing Kirby. Multitasking was child's play for her afterall.

Approaching the front door, she relucantly paused the game and opened the door.

Not bothering to greet the modern day pirate, Silver directly asked the only thing that she had any interest in.

So, you lost the Tesseract, didn't you?”

Having a roughly seven-year old child ask him a question concerning global security, admittedly threw Fury off his game somewhat.

He had heard from his subordinates that were tasked with keeping an eye on the Maximoffs, that they had appeared in public together with a small girl with unclear origins.

Being asked such a question by the afore mentioned girl, was an entirely different story though.

Still, if there was one thing he learned the last time he had met the Maximoffs, it would be the fact that they had knowledge of things they shouldn't.

Not letting his surprise show itself on his face, Fury asked: “I am here to speak with Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, are they in?”

Yep, they are. Come in, old man. My parents are waiting for you upstairs.”, the child said in a carefree tone.

Not bothering with her form of address, Fury followed her inside.

Though in the privacy of his mind, he wondered who this child was. His agents had found no official documents, that could somehow explain the child's origins and he found it hard to believe that she was indeed the child of the Maximoff twins.

Still, he had bigger things to worry about with Loki having not only stolen the Tesseract, but also having turned Barton and Selvig into his henchmen with his magic weapon.

Hopefully the twins were part of the solution for the current crisis.

Pietro Maximoff was after all the strongest human on the planet according to his information, while Wanda Maximoff might be able to free the ones Loki had enthralled with his magic. She possessed mind-related powers herself afterall.

A few minutes later I found myself sitting in my favorite armchair with Wanda next to me and Silver in my lap. Somehow we all fit comfortably into the big leather chair, as we enjoyed the close proximity towards one another.

Silver was already back to playing her new favourite game. Funnily enough she played them one after another, until she finished each one. Some would say that she might have a compulsive disorder, I just found her little antics adorable.

Wanda was leaning against my shoulder, as she gently massaged Silver's bare feet. Teasing her from time to time by playing with her toes, eliciting a small giggle from our little miracle.

So, you want me to ensure that the Hulk doesn't rip apart your little flying fortress, while Banner works on finding the Tesseract. Along with Wanda's help in breaking Loki's mind control over your agents and Dr. Selvig.”, I summarised, while looking at Fury, who sat opposite to us.

That's the simplified version, but essentially yes.”, Fury admitted, his brows furrowed and clearly annoyed at my knowledge about the Helicarrier being a thing.

Sadly for him, being able to annoy him was a great source of enjoyment for me, as I couldn't simply kill him and be done with it. He unfortunately was too important a man for that, as his demise would probably result in HYDRA taking over SHIELD in only a few days, which would result in a massive number of innocents dying at their hands. And that was not something I felt comfortable with having caused.

Of course, I also knew he lied.

Fury wanted to intiate the Avengers Protocol under the guise of a 'response team', so that the World Security Council had no choice but to watch silently as he did so. After all the Avengers Initiative had been scrapped by the Council on account of the volatility of the potential recruits, and they were of course right to do so.

Simply remembering the events of Civil War and Ultron would make that clear.

Still, that was basically all the invitation I needed to get my hands on the Scepter and the Tesseract. I also could have waited in New York for Loki to deliver both to me, but being chauffeured around by SHIELD wasn't bad at all.

Locking eyes with Wanda, we had a moment of silent conversation, after which Wanda turned to Fury and addressed him.

We will help, but make sure you prepare a room big enough for all three of us.”, Wanda requested.

Throwing a questioning look at Silver, who just silently played her game, Fury asked: “And who is she?”

Smiling slightly, I raised my hand to brush over Silver's smooth hair, feeling her lean into my touch.

Silver Maximoff, Wanda's and my daughter.”, I answered lightly.

52