Chapter 48 – A Short Stroy – No Longer Afraid
1.3k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Several decades later]

“Can the light stay on Mommy? I don't like it when it's so dark.”, a small Krylonian girl asked her mother, looking up at her from the small bed.

The mother looked at the small pink face of her daughter and seeing the scared expression on her face, felt a tug on her heartstrings.

Approaching the bed and gently helping her daugther up, she carried her to the window and set her down on the windowsill. Tenderly embracing her child, the mother asked: “Do you see the stars shining in the night sky?”

With a small nod as an answer, she asked another question: “Do you know where the stars came from?”

This time the child shook her head, not knowing the answer to her mother's question.

“You remember the stories I told you about the guardian of Xandar, Silverfire?”, the mother inquired softly.

A bright light shined in the small girl's eyes, as she vigorously nodded her head, thinking about the adventures her mother had told her about the guardian and his family.

“The stars are a gift from the guardian to us, to keep us safe in the dark of the night. There is an unending number of stars in sky, one for everyone of us. And you have your own star that will protect you, even when you can't see it.”

With wonder in her eyes, the girl asked her mother: “Which one is mine, mommy?”

“Of course it's the brightest of all of them.”, the woman answered as she pointed at an especially bright silver star in the dark ocean that was the firmament.

“So you see, you don't need to be afraid of the darkness with such a bright star watching over you.”

As if she had discovered a treasure, the small girl looked at the silvery star hanging in the distant sky, no longer afraid of the darkness.

52