Quirk Activation.
1.4k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Michio took her to his friend group which was a small group of 6 kids, 4 boys, and 2 girls. When they saw Sayo and Maximus they were instantly interested and even more so when they saw the name on both sides of the Vest. One boy who had wolf ears and a tail was most curious. 

"Oh, my mom told me that the Mackenzee had another kid? Is that you?" 

Sayo nodded. 

"That is me. From your silver hair, your ears, tail, I can tell you are from the Asao family. They control a manufacturing company that researches quirk manufactured goods. Our house was made from your goods." 

The boy smiled at hearing that the Mackenzee family used his family's goods. 

"That's right Were you impressed with our goods?" 

His tail was wagging as he had a lot of pride in his family. 

"Yes, it makes our house nearly unbreakable." 

Michio went around introducing the other 5 who were all from prominent families that had some ties to the Mackenzee business. They understood that she needed a bodyguard as she did not have her quirk yet and she was around people who did. Once class started she sat down with their group as she might as well make some connections for the future. Maximus sat directly at her side ready for anything as Sayo paid attention to the teacher. 

In her past as Akira, she was expected to come back with top grades as an assassin should not be dumb. As such this, low-level math and school work were rather simple and she even got her work done early. The teacher was rather impressed and had already been informed of her situation so she made sure to test her a bit before deciding to treat her like any other student. 

The day went on until mid-day when they were let go for lunch where she joined Michio and his group to eat. The two girls of the group looked at her eat curious how she could fit so much in her small stomach. She ate one plate after another with no issue which would have been enough to feed 5 people by now. 

"How can you eat so much?" 

Sayo swallowed her food to answer. 

"We Mackenzee need a lot of energy for our quirks and even I need the same. Most of it is broken down for energy." 

Michio and the rest of the boys were impressed. One of the looked at Maximus who was being fed a huge bowl of raw meat. Sayo refused to let her friend eat kibble and only allowed the best meat for him.

"Why is he so big?" 

Sayo was glad to brag about this. 

"Because he has a quirk." 

That made them look at the giant dog again as they asked many questions about what it was and the like. Once given permission they were allowed to pet him and as Maximus heard her give permission he did not mind what they did. One of the boys touched his forearm and was shocked. 

"He has bigger muscles than a bodybuilder."

One of the girls could barely wrap her arms around his neck which was full of corded muscle. 

"He is amazing." 

They rubbed his ears, belly, and his tail which he still enjoyed. Michio rubbed Maximus' head and got a look at his teeth. They were pearly white and looked like they could take his arm with a bite. 

"Can you show me your teeth?"

He did not expect a response, but Maximus did just that. He bared all his teeth for them to see which showed they were all perfect. The Asoa boy held his paw and checked on the dog's black claws which rested on his palm. 

"Now this is a dog. You are lucky to have him Sayo." 

They stopped bothering him and sat back down, but they had a newfound respect for the dog bodyguard. His entire body seemed to be a weapon of battle, but he still acted like a regular dog when he was relaxed. he went back to eating his food. Following the end of lunch, they went to the last class which happen to be a biology class. The teacher was a middle-aged woman with cat-like features. 

"Alright class, ever since quirks became a thing they change things about humanity and any species they affect. This can lead to people being able to spit fire, eat metal, or punch cities to rubble like All Might. Even animals are not an exception, an example is Maximus behind young Sayo." 

The whole class turned to the giant dog sitting at her side. The teacher asked her a question. 

"Can you explain how you acquired him?" 

"It was a random chance as his mother was a regular Caucasian Sheperd. Pumpkin, Maximus' mother is a regular quirkless dog and so is his father. He was also the runt of the litter, but he is no longer the runt as this is not even his max size." 

That made the kids of the class all super curious about the powers of Maximus. It was not every day they could see an animal with a quirk after all. The teacher decided to ask Sayo this for her own and the class's curiosity. 

"Can you tell us his quirk?" 

Sayo did not mind it. 

"I named it Rage Conversion. When he is angry or full of rage he begins to grow larger, stronger, and more violent. He has been trained to control himself in these situations, but he will only obey me." 

Just as she was going to explain a bit more she felt a weird feeling in her chest. Her eyes began to glow dark purple which caused the whole class to look at her. The glow spread out to her fingertips and whole body which made Sayo feel full of power. Just then she heard a familiar voice which was her own when she was Akira. 

'Hey Sayo, I know how I operate so I know you will begin to use self-indoctrination to make you accept our situation. When I died I met two very annoying gods and managed to scam out a deal for you. I got you a gift that will help you greatly in life. Live life for the both of us, Sayo.' 

Her awakened quirk was a perfect fusion of her mother's Vital Energy and her father's Refinement. Already this was a perfect blend, but what Akira got her was a step above that. Vital Refinement was amplified and refined a step further to perfect it which caused her quirk to evolve a step further. 

Before she could do anything she felt super lightheaded which caused her to fall directly on Maximus. This caused the dog and the teacher both to worry for her. She rushed to her aid which made Michio get up. 

"I will go to the nurse." 

The teacher nodded. 

"Go." 

He ran out of class as he knew something that the teacher did not. The Mackenzee family was not known for their mercy. Her grandfather was especially terrifying as no one knew where he got so many experts to serve his family. However the last time someone bothered his family a whole criminal syndicate was destroyed overnight. This was known to his partners, but not to the public. 

The teacher approached Sayo slowly as she worried about the dog, but Maximus did not care for that. When he realized what had happened he merely laid down with Sayo curled up in his fur. He rested his head on the ground as he knew she just awakened her quirk. The teacher kneeled at his side and touched Sayo's forehead. She was burning up as her quirk was starting up. The teacher knew her quirk awakened, so she called her parents right away. 

When Akinari saw the phone call she was worried Maximus has hurt a kid so answered right away.

"YES, THis is miss Hado. Sayo's mother, what happened."

'Ma'am, I have good news and bad news. Well, your daughter unlocked her quirk, but she passed out after. Right now she is asleep and her dog is keeping her safe. I would still like for her family to be here for her."

When she heard that Sayo passed out from her quirk she got worried and yelled out.

"AKIO! IT'S SAYO, SHE PASSED OUT!"

"WHAT!"

He ran like he was possessed by a demon to her form his office. He even smashed through the door of his office as he did not have time to open it. 

"What happened?"

"Her quirk activated. She passed out soon after, but Maximus is keeping her safe. We need to go now."

He calmed down a bit and they rushed to her school in a sports car at full speed. Sayo was still peacefully sleeping on Max's fluffy belly while the teacher waited with her. She knew she was just spent and needed to sleep. It would be better if they just let her rest now, but 5 minutes later her parents rushed through the door led by the principal. When they saw Sayo sleeping on Maximus peacefully they still felt a little worried for her.

Her dad picked her up while he also grabbed Maximus by the lead. 

"Thank you for telling us, we will be taking her to our private doctor to make sure she is ok."

The teacher nodded as she watched them take both Maximus and Sayo away. By the time Sayo woke up, she was in her bedroom while her parents were at her side with Maximus on her bed. When she opened her eyes the doctor walked up to her and pointed a flashlight at her eyes. The doctor was a young woman who looked to be 30 as she had bright red hair and a youthful look. Sayo flinched from the light, but the doctor smiled seeing that.

"Her pupils dilate fine. Her body is also fine, as she just passed out from exhaustion. Seems her quirk took quite a lot out of her."

Akio sighed in relief that she was ok. 

"Thank you, Emma. What would my family do without you?"

"I am a doctor, that is my job. Now Sayo, do you have any idea what your quick is."

"When I was in class I a surge of purple glowing energy surged through my body and I felt like I was getting stronger. However, I did not get to analyze it as I passed out." 

Hearing that made Akio and Akinari realize she got both of their quirks into a perfect blend. Akinari's quirk Vital Energy let her use her own vitality to increase her strength passively. Refinement was more active as no matter what happen it was constantly perfecting and improving the body according to the user's best needs.

"Can you show me?"

Sayo's eyes began to glow dark purple as the glow spread to the rest of her body, but she was careful. Akinari recognized it instantly. 

"That is mu Vital Energy quirk, but a different color." 

Akio asked a specific question when she stoped using it. 

"When you use it what does it feel like?" 

"Like I am being reworked and improved." 

That made Emma realize what went on. 

"I see, you were born with both of your parent's quirks blended into one. Vital Energy and Refinement are powerful quirks on their own, but with both, you will go far. With both of these quirks, any minor drawbacks of both quirks are canceled out and complement each other. I have an idea." 

She pulled out a grip strength measuring device and handed it to Sayo. 

"Use your quirk and squeeze down." 

Sayo did just that and put the full force of her grip on the device. When Emma saw the number she was super impressed that a small girl like Sayo could get that at just three years old. 

"50kg(110lb). You are only three and just got your quirk and this is what you can do. Think of what you will get in the years to come Sayo."

Even Sayo wanted to know how strong she would get in the future. Now came the big question that most kids were allowed to name. 

"Want to name your quick?"

Sayo nodded.

"Vital Refinement. I got the best of my parents so their quirks combined into one is best." 

That made her parents happy that she thought about them.  Emma looked over Sayo one more time and began to leave.

"Mr. Mackenzee, Mrs. Hado, you need not worry. he will be fine after a little rest. However, it seems from now on your should train her quirk. It is quite powerful, but keep it secret for as long as you can. I tell Mr. John. He will be proud of you Sayo, more than he already is."

Akio nodded.

"That is fine. I was already doing that anyway, but now it will just be more professional now that her quirk is here. You ready Sayo?" 

She nodded. 

"Of course." 

Akinairi looked at both of them a little sad. 

"Isn't it too soon." 

Sayo shook her head. 

"Mom, I have been training since I was little to be strong. Now that I have my quirk things won't change and will just pick up speed." 

Akio also agreed. 

"Akinari, you know that our daughter is not a normal child. I mean she is literally talking to you at the moment so hear her side of the story. Do what she wants not what we want." 

Sayo agreed with him. 

"He is right mom, this was going to happen anyway. It is also on my terms so don't worry about it. I will still be your daughter." 

Akinari looked down and sighed.

"Sayo, is this what you want?" 

"Yes, mom." 

Akinari kissed her forehead. 

"If that is what you want Sayo, I won't stop you. You can start her training anytime." 

Akio smiled and hugged both of them. He was strong enough to collapse a building, but he could be so gentle with his family. 

"I love you both, you better be ready Sayo. I will make you as strong as possible." 

"Yes sir." 

Now with her quirk in hand it was time for Sayo to begin her real steps to being able to defend herself in this dangerous world. 

 

52