Momo’s Birthday.
982 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Sayo saw the dress she had to say it was the kind of thing she would wear. Akinari put down Michael and she spoke a bit about the dress. She felt it was overkill to treat it like a battle outfit, but Akio insisted that it should be durable enough to keep up with Sayo's reckless and quite brutal fighting style. Plus Sayo would not be wearing heels to this event as she would still wear her specialized shoes made to keep up with her kicks.

"I wanted this to be a regular dress, but your father felt that it should also be able to resist your fighting style. Akio told your grandfather who sent someone who helped to make it. From what I could tell they made it from this weird fiber that was very light but needed a quirk user to make use of. She made the dress and even had the time to add the design on the back. 

Koba looked at the design and felt happy that it was based on him. He made a little sound that made Sayo smile as she rubbed his chin. 

"I am bought. Alright." 

She was going to wear her shorts and her tank top under them for her convenience. However, Akinari had only one thing wrong with that. 

"Are you going to go covered in bear, tiger, and dog fur?" 

Michael laughed at his big sis. 

"She is more fur than a person." 

Sayo walked up to the little boy and picked him up by the scruff of his neck. 

"What was that you little brat?" 

"MOM! HELP!" 

Akinari just laughed at him. 

"You got into that pickle yourself, but let's get all that fur off you." 

Nejire helped with that with some weak waves from her quirk to remove all the fur which turned out to be quite a bit. Once the fur was gone Akinari helped her wear it which was a good dress that covered up most of her except her neck. She was even given a pair of gloves that were both elegant and good enough to beat someone to death. 

The dress did have a slit on the right side that went up her knee for ease of motion, but now Sayo looked herself in the mirror. 

"Hey, not bad." 

As the dress had a base color of black it did suit her preferences. Nejire looked her over and chuckled. 

"You look great in a dress Sayo." 

Akinari had to agree. 

"Your sister is right. This is the first time in your life you let me put one on you."

Michael sat on Sayo's as he looked at her reflection. 

"Sis looks like a gorilla in a dress." 

Sayo grabbed his head and crushed down making him squeal. 

"MOM!"

Akinari ignored him once again as nothing that Sayo did was enough to stop him. He was tenacious to a fault and he found it fun to tease her which ended badly for him mostly. Akinari grabbed her makeup kit and looked at Sayo. 

"What color lips tip do you want to wear?"

"Not that please, I just do not match. Just go light I guess." 

Akinari was disappointed, but she understood. 

"Fine, I will put it around your eyes and cheeks to draw attention to your gorgeous eyes." 

Sayo let her do her thing and after a little while, her eyes had blue makeup around them.  Sayo looked at herself as if her mom had even given her fake lashes. 

"I guess it looks good." 

Behind her, Maximus, Nyx, and Koba were sitting in a row looking at her. They felt that their master looked good in anything, but she looked weird right now. They had never seen her wearing this so they were curious. Maximus, Nyx, and Koba were all smelling her and the dress was confused. Akinari pushed the big heads of the three animals away. 

"No licking, you will get mouthfuls of makeup and ruin it. Sayo, put their vests on so we can get them into the carrier. They are huge, but Momo wanted them to come." 

"Fine." 

Each of them was recorded as a service animal for Sayo so they wore government issue vests. It had their names, Mackenzee's name, and Sayo's name just to show who they belonged. Even Koba was wearing his own giant vest that actually made him look quite nice. When they went down they saw an animal transport for Nyx, Koba as Maximus could still fit in the large SUV. 

Once Sayo, her mother, Nejire, and Michael came out they saw that Akio and Akimitsu were outside waiting by the SUV. The anime transport was going to be driven by Sebes who insisted on being the one to do it. When both men saw their daughter and sister actually dress up they felt the world was ending. 

"Wow sis, you look great in a dress. I bet you can get anyone to dance with you." 

Sayo sighed. 

"Can I just ask that you dance with me during the ball?" 

He smiled that his sister trusted him that much to ask him that, but he couldn't. 

"Sorry, I would, but my girlfriend is coming as well. I promised to dance with her." 

She looked at her father who also shook his head. 

"Don't make that face, it will break my heart. I have to dance with your mother so maybe-" 

Nejire stopped him before he got done. 

"Can't, I want to see Sayo dance naturally." 

Sayo 's face went blank as her sister betrayed her. 

"I hate you." 

Nejire just smiled. 

"Liar."

Sayo walked over and helped Koba and Nyx into the animal transport which used stabilizing technology. Even if it rolled the inside would not be effected so they were safe and sound. 

"I will see you two in a little while." 

She rubbed both of their chins making them happy as Sebes walked up to her. 

"Are they in?" 

"Yes." 

He closed the transport and looked at her. 

"Do not worry, dancing is not hard. Neither is finding someone." 

Sayo gave him the real reason she was not happy. 

"Yeah, but choosing someone is weird." 

Sebes patted her shoulder. 

"You know how to choose people, so just see it as a martial art where you need two people to perform." 

"Did you teach Miyuki?" 

Sebes laughed. 

"Why yes." 

Just then her father called out to her. 

"Sayo, come on you can talk with Sebes in a little while." 

"See you in a bit Sebes." 

He bowed and entered the trailer to drive Sayo's pets to the Yayorozu estate. They were one of the Mackezee's more legal partners, but they still had some minor ties to the Black Hand. Sayo knew that Momo had a lot of friends many of them were the children of Akinari's friends. As a rich woman, she also had rich friends who Sayo had met on more than one occasion. 

However, her parents might invite their own friends on top of the parents of Momo's friends so it became a big event like every birthday. Sayo yawned showing her canines that had kind of grown a bit. She ate so much that her body adapted to giving her stronger bites and teeth. 

Akinari looked at her teeth with a bit of confusion. 

"I could never understand why your teeth grew." 

Michael had an idea. 

"I know, she sleeps with three animals with quirks so she must be breathing in their fur. Her quirk refined her to be part animal." 

Akinari smacked him. 

"OW! SIS, HELP ME!" 

"Don't be ridiculous, that can't happen." 

Sayo shrugged. 

"That might be possible." 

While they were here Akio decided to plead with her about something. 

"Sayo, while we are at the birthday, please try to not punch someone." 

Sayo frowned. 

"If you are telling me that, that means that there will be people who will make me want to punch them." 

"While it is true, please try to not sucker punch someone's kid. They will all become important people there so I rather not cause trouble." 

Sayo did promise onc thing. 

"My fists will stay to themselves if their hands stay to themselves."

That was good enough for him and for the rest of the drive they talked about ways to spend their time after.  When they finally arrived at Momo's mansion she was already waiting for Sayo. Momo was one of the few people that Sayo gave her time to as she treated Momo like a little sister. 

She was standing outside looking at all the people arriving for a particular SUV that only the Mackenzee family used. It was custom-made for them and no one else was given the right to have one. 

"Where is she?" 

Her mother Mina was standing next to her in a dress almost identical to her daughters. 

"She will be here. Your friend is not going to miss your birthday is she?" 

Momo paused a little as Sayo was known to ditch things. 

"Well-" 

She paused when she saw that SUV she was talking about. Plus the animal transport behind it made a lot of people know instantly who it was. 

"SHE IS HERE!" 

When they parked the SUV, Sayo stepped out of it with Maximus at her side. Mina knew that Sayo would bring her pets as Momo wanted them here. She wanted to ask Sayo to not bring them because they scared the younger kids. However, Momo said she would run away if he friend did not bring her pets. 

As for Sayo she noticed how a lot of young boys and teenagers who were the sons of wealthy all were awestruck by the sight of her. She smiled as she felt that the sheep were all drawn by the tiger in this case her. 

'Keep dreaming.' 

Sebes parked the SUV he was pulling the animal transport and got out to open it to let Nyx and Koba out. 

"SAYO!" 

Sayo turned around and saw Momo running toward her making her open her arms Sayo caught her and hugged her tightly, but not enough to crush her. 

"How are you doing Momo?" 

Momo's eyes were shining with how happy she was. 

"I was scared you were going to ditch." 

Sayo put her down which showed their height difference. At just 10 years old Sayo was 5'7 while Momo was 4'5 as she was still a kid. Not everyone had a quirk that pushed you to evolve your self perfectly. Just then Koba and Nyx walked out of the animal transport which made Momo's eyes shine. 

She walked toward Maximus first and gave him a hug. 

"I love your pets Sayo. I asked my parents to get me a lion, but they still won't budge. They said I was not strong enough to control one." 

Nyx and Koba walked behind Sayo which made a lot of the boys who were planning on talking with her pause. They needed to find a chance when her bodyguards were not around. Sayo looked at her pets as  they could be a handful. 

"Well quirk animals do have a strong ego and pride, but with enough love, anything can work." 

Akio, Akinari, Akimitsu, Nejire, and Michael came out to greet her. Akinari was just happy her daughter did have a friend her own age even if she did not look that age. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Mackenzee, good to see you." 

Akio patted her head. 

"Just call me Akio. You are like family to Sayo you know." 

Akinari nodded. 

"My husband is right, you are one of her 4 friends." 

Michael being the little imp that he was corrected them. 

"They man her only human friend." 

Mina walked over which made Akinari happy. 

"Mina." 

Both women hugged each other as they had been friends since they were little girls. They began to talk to each other while Akio went to find Momo's dad. Momo dragged Sayo and her three pets with her while Akimitsu went to find his girlfriend who was the heir of the Arakawa family and ran one of the biggest medical companies in the world. 

Their families engaged when both of them showed affection for each other and it was a good way to join both families. Nejire was still single, but she was going to go to U.A next year. When Momo brought her and her pets inside she sat down where the ball would take place. 

"The dance will be at midnight, but it is mostly for the adults." 

Sayo sighed in relief. 

"Great, I was asking my brother to dance with me as I did not want to ask a random boy." 

Momo laughed. 

"If you step on them with your shoes you will break their feet." 

She could hear the sound Sayo's reinforced shoes made when they hit the ground. Sayo shrugged.

"More reason to not dance." 

Maximus, Nyx, and Koba looked around as they were keeping just behind Sayo. They were her bodyguards, friends, and pets so they took her safety as a top priority. Momo knew this already, but she still thought it was cool. 

"Come on, let's go with everyone else." 

"Sure." 

Momo led them to the main area of the mansion where the people invited were gathering. Momo's friends all came to talk to her while Sayo excused herself. 

"I will see you in a bit Momo." 

She was a little disappointed, but she understood that Sayo was not good at converting with people her real age. 

"Alright, come talk to me later." 

"I promise." 

Sayo walked off on her own with her three pets behind her. One of Momo's friends looked at Sayo confused.

"Momo, how old is she?" 

Momo sighed. 

"She is the same age as us." 

They did not believe it as Sayo could pass for a 13-year-old. 

"Is it because of her quirk? She is so tall and pretty."

Momo nodded. 

"That is the exact reason." 

While they talked Momo found the food bar where she grabbed a bit plate of food. Just as she sat down to eat she saw a boy around 13 approach her. Maximus, Nyx, and Koba stood around and over her defensively. She just ate her food while the boy still approached. 

"Excuse me." 

She looked up at him. 

"What is it?" 

"I am Muranaka Yashuhiro heir to the Muranaka familly." 

Sayo nodded. 

"Is that so?" 

He did not expect her reaction to be so lacking. He was the heir to a big family and his father was friends with her father. He still pushed a bit though. 

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to eat with me. I wanted to get to know you." 

"Not really." 

"But why?" 

"Because I just don't want to. You can go." 

He clenched his hands and was about to say something else, but Nyx, Koba, and Maximus bared their teeth at him. They did not growl or anything more, but he got the message. He stopped his feet as he left, but another boy came to try his luck. 

"Ignore him, my name is Ryo Tanada, heir of-" 

"I don't care." 

This did not stop more and more of them to keep trying to talk to her. She politely cut them of and rejected them all which made Akio shake his head. 

'Boy, you are playing with fire right now.' 

Just then a middle-aged man walked up to him and greeted him. At his side was a kid who was around 12 years old. 

"Akio Mackenzee. It is good to see you old friend." 

"Shoko Mutsabra. How are you doing you old coot."

"I am doing great, this here is my youngest son Konno Mutsabra. He wanted me to talk to you about your daughter over there." 

Akio looked at Nejire who he thought he meant as he did not think anyone would be dumb enough to ask about her right now. She showed she had zero interest. 

"You mean Nejire?"

Shoko shook his head. 

"No, the other one. The one with the three animals around her.  My son wants to get to know her. I was wondering if you could ask her to give him a chance." 

Akio squinted his eyes as he looked at the boy. It made him want to back up as Akio was a giant of a man and a powerful hero. 

"No. He will have to play his luck as I can't order my daughter to listen to him. He can try his luck like the rest of them." 

Shoko sighed. 

"Come on, do me this favor. We have been friends for years. This is a good chance to join our families as one just like you did with your son Akimitsu." 

Akio still refused. 

"I won't do that to my daughter. She will choose who she wants so you can go talk to her yourself. I am her father, not her matchmaker." 

Shoko nodded. 

"I understand, come Konno. I will talk to her." 

"Yes dad, I want her." 

Akio nearly busted the kid's head in as he just wanted his daughter for her body. He looked at Sayo and who looked at him. He nodded giving her permission to do as she would which made her smile. Just then Shoko approached her making her three pets look at him and his son. 

She looked at the both of them with a polite smile. 

"Can I help you?"

Shoko nodded. 

"I am a friend of your father's and I wanted to talk to you about something." 

"Speak, what is it." 

He paused when she ordered him and felt she had no respect. He ignored it and motioned to his son. 

"My son Konno wanted to talk to you and  I wanted to ask if you would hear him out." 

Sayo reached behind her and wrapped her arm around Koba's neck. 

"What does he want with me?" 

Nyx's claws were out while Maximus was ready to pounce at her order. Konno walked forward and politely bowed. 

"I wanted to ask you to dance with me later today. Maybe we can go walk around and get to know each other better." 

Sayo sighed as she rubbed Koba's fur. 

"You said your name was Nonno right?" 

He paused. 

"No, it's Konno." 

"Yeah, whatever. I don't care, and I will say this once. I want nothing to do with you, so go on and leave." 

Shoko paused. 

"Wait, why?" 

Sayo shrugged. 

"He had to have his daddy walk him up to talk to me. That is the sign of a coward and he is even covering behind your back. The others I rejected I did so politely as they had the stones to talk to me one on one. Not this coward. Leave me alone." 

Konno grit his teeth at being insulted. He got what he wanted his whole life and being told no was hateful. 

"How dar-" 

Before he got finished Sayo's quirk flared up and it was not just a tiny bit. A massive tide of Vital Energy surged from her causing a crushing feeling to fill the whole room. Sayo's eyes glowed an eerie purple which made Konno fall on his back. It even made Shoko back up as he felt he was not in front of a girl anymore, but a demon. 

Maximus, Koba, and Nyx began to glow the same as her vital energy not only made her stronger, it even strengthen her pets. They snarled and roared at both of them causing them to back up. She stopped her display which made everyone who was observing that Sayo was the strongest of the Mackenzee children. 

Momo who saw the whole thing laughed while her friends were looking at Sayo with shock. She had great control over her own power so only Shoko and his son were affected by her bloodlust. Akio walked toward them and helped them off the ground. 

"A little overkill Sayo." 

"I did not hurt or touch them." 

"True, good job."

He dragged both of them away as Momo went toward her. 

"You are so awesome Sayo." 

"Thanks, do you get bothered by boys that much?" 

"Yes, It happens. I politely tell them no, but they don't stop." 

Sayo shrugged. 

"The price of being attractive I guess. Let's just enjoy your birthday." 

Momo nodded. 

"Can you talk to my friends? You could meet some more." 

"Alright, lead the way."

 

 

40