Chapter 4- The Planner
386 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that Hank has come to peace with his new identity as a dungeon core, he was now faced with the most fundamental question that has been plaguing the human’s mind for eons. 

 

How to live? 

 

In his case, he was more like how to become a great dungeon as he was a dungeon core now.

 

According to the system, as a dungeon core, he was a magic entity that exists for proper circulation of mana, whatever that means. 

 

He was also tasked with the creation of trials essential to helping adventurers become the true warriors they were meant to be, like some sort of trainer or something. 

 

At the same time, he also needed to become strong enough to protect himself to not let those same adventurers destroy his core which they would try on many occasions.

 

‘Dungeons and adventurers, what a weird and thrilling relationship.’ Hank inwardly thought.

 

Hank might be a greenhorn when it comes to building a dungeon, but he was a devout believer in planning. 

 

Though he has failed to get laid in his previous life despite his well-laid plans, Hank still believed that success was nothing but the residue of planning and a goal without a plan was just a wish. 

 

As such, he intended to plan everything before laying the first brick and even the first trap of his dungeon which would serve as his foundation. He planned on calculating everything down to the last details. It’s like they say, an hour of planning can save one ten hours of doing. 

 

Thinking about this, Hank couldn’t help but unleash his Inner architect as he began to plan everything in his mind. 

 

‘This might actually be fun.’ Hank inwardly thought. He felt as if he was a God planning the creation of his own world as well as its inhabitants. He suddenly felt as if he has awakened a new passion. 

 

Well, his thinking wasn’t far off as being a dungeon core was kinda similar to being a god and the creator of one’s own world. 

 

First, Hank began to think about what kinda dungeon he wanted to be, physically of course. Such as an underground corridor, a manor, a natural cave, a tall tower that reaches the sky, or even a combination of them all. 

 

Second, though he wasn’t a hundred percent sure, Hank had the feeling that he wasn’t the only dungeon in town. He must have some competition somewhere. 

 

Hence, he wanted his dungeon to be memorable. He planned on stepping up his game and gave the adventurers a damn good reason to visit his dungeon regularly. 

 

Something unique to get them hooked like a drug addict. Something new and powerful to motivate them to risk their lives by entering his dungeon. He wanted his dungeons to have something for everyone, powerful warriors, sage, and even nobles, etc. 

 

Aside from that, even though he planned on building a powerful dungeon, he didn’t want to make it too hard for the adventurers.

 

He has to think about the poor and weak adventurers as well. As such, he planned on having a certain level range in mind when designing the dungeon and calibrating the challenge accordingly. 

 

He didn’t plan on being some kinda death trap and evil dungeon. He planned on keeping the threats reasonable but not easy.

 

Furthermore, he planned on adding a few puzzles as well in his dungeon to spice things up, where the adventurers would have to use their brain instead of their brawn. He didn’t plan on having only meatheads visiting his dungeon. 

 

He didn’t plan on making them too hard. Most of them should be something that the adventurers could figure out using general knowledge and some of them would be related to his dungeon as well. 

 

Just like that, hours have gone by and Hank has completely lost track of time as he was so immersed in planning the making of his amazing dungeon in his head, shuffling ideas. 

 

However, he was suddenly jolted awake as the system’s voice rang out in his mind accompanied by the usual blue notification box.

 

[Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the skill Novice Planner]

 


[Planner: Envisioning the Future and Making It Happen]

[Novice planer is a passive upgradable analyzing skill. It’s a skill that allowed the user to concoct a plan according to the circumstances to ensure that they are always profitable]

 

‘Oh! Not bad.’ Hank inwardly thought. He briefly looked at the notification and nodded to himself with satisfaction. He was very happy and pleased with this new skill. 

 

‘Wait a minute, I’m doing all this planning in my head and I forgot about the most important thing.’

 

“I can’t believe that I haven’t even checked out my domain yet.” He hurriedly said as he began to survey his surroundings. 


16