Chapter 6- The Unexpected Discovery
385 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hank was quite happy at this moment. He was very pleased and satisfied with the new changes in his status screen. Not only he has reached level 1, but his mana and mana storage has also increased by 10 units. 

 

That wasn't all, though passive, he now had two new skills in his arsenal as well. They were both very useful and would be a great help to him in his day-to-day operations. 

 

Most importantly, he has now gained access to the dungeon system’s shop. As a newly born dungeon core, this was the greatest news he could have ever hoped to receive. 

 

Like many other organisms or other dungeons core, he was born extremely weak and frail. At this stage of his infancy, he could easily be destroyed by even the weakest adventurers. 

 

Adventurers were particularly well known for their dungeon-crushing antics. Their attacks were heavily driven by greed and their desire for power and wealth. 

 

Not only that, humans or adventurers weren't the only creatures that attacked dungeons. Monsters, members of this world's wildlife, did as well. 

 

Dungeon cores were rich in mana and thus, the monsters' instincts drove them to hunt them. In other words, dungeon cores had enemies on all sides. Everyone and everything was hostile.

 

It was also the main reason that Hank was extremely happy and thrilled after gaining access to the system’s shop.

 

With access to the system’s shop, he could now purchase traps and monsters to protect himself which would greatly bolster his chance of survival in this unknown world. 

 

He had already failed to accomplish his dream in his previous life, he refused to let the same thing happen again. As such, he was determined to do whatever it takes to survive.

 

‘Now, let's see what you got.’ Hank inwardly thought as he anticipatedly opened the system shop catalog from his status screen with his thought.

 

Soon as he opened the system, Hank was greeted by four icons with what they represented written at the bottom.

 

The first one was a little caricature that depicted the image of someone falling into a pit of spikes with the name Traps beneath it.

 

The second one was the drawing of the monster eating a human with the words monster obviously written underneath. The third one was a picture of the tower being built with the words construction tools and materials underneath it. 

 

As for the fourth and last one, well, even Hank was surprised about it. He has never expected that he would see this in the system shop. It was surprisingly a picture of Earth with the words Earthly Goods beneath it. 

 

Though surprised and curious, Hank didn't immediately open it. Instead. He went by order and open the first catalog which was the trap section. As they said, save the best for last. 

 

Meanwhile, soon as he opened the traps catalog, he was greeted by hundreds of dangerous and devious traps. 

 

[Bed of Spikes: A disguised pit, fifteen feet deep with numerous spikes planted within. A shortfall into this bed of spikes would immediately send the intruders to meet his maker. Price: 15 Mana Unit.]

[Evil Twin Mirror: This trap is triggered by looking into the mirror; which creates a duplicate of whoever looks into it – a perfect recreation of the original. The original items are also duplicated, but not magical. The duplicate immediately springs out of the mirror and attacks the character. Price: 100 Mana Unit]

 

Hank was practically thrummed with excitement as he was reading through each description. He couldn't wait to put them to good use. 

 

[The Compactor: A trap involving the collapsing of the ceiling. Once triggered, the ceiling of the room will slowly start moving down towards the flood. Alternatively, the walls could begin moving inwards like the trash compactor. Price: 70 Mana Unit]

 

[Arrow Trap: A triggered trap that fires arrows from walls, ceilings, or floors. Price: 20 Mana Unit]

 

‘That’s some good shit. But they are sure expensive.’ Hank inwardly thought as he excitedly moved on to the next catalog which was the monster section.

 

Browsing the catalog kind of reminded Hank of online shopping. It was pretty much the same thing, except he didn't have to wait for his package as the system shop had instant delivery. 

 

[Green Goblin: A basic humanoid monster, it is intelligent enough to guard specific locations, but also cowardly and weak. As they tend to be weak individually, they prefer to gather in groups. They have twisted and evil personalities. They are known for being particularly vicious, cunning, and sadistic. They savor the joy they receive from committing atrocities against those weaker than themselves. Price: 30 Mana Unit. Respawn 5 Mana Unit]

 

[Ghoul: A stronger variant of zombie that hungers for flesh. Their strikes cause a weak form of paralysis, and as they evolve they become faster and more agile. Price: 40 Mana Unit]

 


[Vampiric Ant: A small variant ant that consumes life energy and blood. Though initially small and weak, as they feed they grow larger and drain more rapidly. Price: 5 Mana Unit]

 

“They sure have some reliable and dangerous monster in there.” Said Hank with a cheerful tone as he was scrolling the monster folder. Each one of the monsters was more powerful and dangerous than the others.

 

After scrolling for about ten minutes or so, Hank moved on to the constructions catalog. As he expected, there was nothing but items that were related to construction in there such as bricks, shovels, machetes, doors, etc. 

 

Unlike the monster catalog, Hank only spent five minutes scrolling through the constructions catalog before he jumped to the long-awaited Earthly Goods.

 

“What the fuck!’ 

 

However, the moment Hank opened the Earthly Goods Icon, he was shocked by what he was seeing. Before opening it, Hank thought there would be stuff like grenades and guns, etc. 

 

However, what appeared in front of him was his cellphone screenshot on a larger screen with all his apps including the dirty ones. Even those dirty websites he used to visit have now transformed into apps on the screen such porn and adult toy shops websites.

 

That shit even had his picture as the background like in the real cell phone he used to have back on Earth . Hank felt as though he was looking at his real cellphone. 

 

“No way.” If Hank had a mouth, his lower jaw would have been on the ground by now. 

 

“This… This… how is this possible…” Hank couldn’t accept what his eyes were telling him. He took a deep breath and tried to soak in this reality.

 

“This must be a joke.”He added as he hurriedly clicked on one of the apps mentally. It was an adult toyshop app. 

 

“Motherfucker!” Hank blurted out as he was looking at the endless list of sex toys that appeared in front of him once he clicked on the adult toy shop app. 

 

[Male Masturbator: 15 Mana Unit]


[Clitoral Suction Stimulator: 20 Mana Unit]

 

[Clitoral Stimulator: 15 Mana Unit]

 

[Sex Doll: 20 Mana Unit]

 

The list went on and on. Hank’s imaginary pair of eyes opened wide while gazing at the blue screen in front of him. He even rubbed his imaginary eyes since he thought he was only seeing things.

 

However, after rubbing his eyes for a while, the screen was still there along with all the apps and his picture, meaning that it was not only in his mind!

 

Without wasting any time, he quickly clicked purchase on a sex doll. He wanted to see if it was for real and not just some kinda prank.

 

[Congratulations! You have purchased a sex doll as your first purchase. 20 mana units will now be deducted from your mana storage unit]

 

Soon as the system’s voice faded away, Hank felt as if some unknown force was draining the life out of him as he was getting weaker and weaker.

 

At the same time, a translucent magic portal appeared in front of him, and from within it came a butt-naked, limbless sex doll with a big ass and big boobs. 

 

Looking at the sex doll laying on the ground in front of him, Hank quickly went from feeling shocked to being aghast.

 

However, before he could say anything, a sense of lethargy overtook him, and a final twisting came before he lost focus and could no longer perceive the world around him.

 

[WARNING! MANA EXHAUSTED! Dungeon core’s mana has reached zero. The core will be unable to sustain consciousness! The core will now fall into a comatose state and will reawaken when mana reaches ten units]


14