290. The island killer is here
619 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yosh.. Everyone.. I believe that I am talking with the right people here." Ken said in front of a den den mushi, not just a voice den den mushi, but a live video one. This video den den mushi was connected to multiple ones and each one of them were connected to the same people that had seen Caesar unleash Smiley which was now wreaking havoc all over the island. 

The people around got to see how the bodies of Yeti brothers froze in hard scales as Smiley just 'walked' past them like they were nothing. So everyone was happy but they also got to know that the Straw Hats had gotten their hands on Caesar and thus the people of the under ground were furious. 

But now seeing Ken directly on the video, some of them started cursing and vowing to take them down. Of course, Ken couldn't hear them because it was a live broadcast and Ken wouldn't hear them. And most of them wouldn't even dare to say or speak against the Straw Hats in front of them. Most of them were not some big names and at this point only Yonko were equipped enough to face them. 

"It's been a long time now my face had shown up in a video. I am not sure who are on the other side of this but I believe that even the World Government are keeping an eye here which makes the whole involvement much more exciting." Ken said. "Now then, since Caesar has demonstrated his work and great invention, let me show you what we have made or rather what my crew mates had made." 

The video suddenly switched from the face of Ken to the den den mushi which was upon the head of Merry and it was pointed down towards the the island of Punk Hazard. The people were confused about why they were seeing this. 

And then it happened. 

Out of nowhere the people heard a soft humming sound and from the side of the screen they saw two long metallic and shiny arms stretch out. It the two arms ran parallel to each other and it had teeth on its inner linings facing each other which was around a meter apart. 

"What is this?" 

"Some kind of weapon? Doesn't look like it." 

The humming sound just got louder and it remained so a minute, before they heard a loud shout. 

"FIRE!" 

A flash of light came out of the two arms and the next moment, there was a loud bang that everyone on the video could hear. The den den mushi was situated quite high on the air so they could actually see what happened to generate such a loud sound out of nowhere. 

With a searing brilliance that defied the very heavens, the railgun's payload collided with Punk Hazard. The impact unleashed a blinding flash of light, a white-hot inferno that consumed the island in an instant. The shockwave radiated outwards, an invisible tsunami of force that tore through the landscape with a malevolent fervor.

The earth trembled and heaved, as if in protest, sending shockwaves of upheaval rippling through the terrain. A deafening roar reverberated across the ocean, a chorus of nature's fury at the intrusion of such destructive power.

In an instant, the heart of Punk Hazard was rent asunder, a chasm of incandescent fury and raw energy. The blast gouged a massive crater into the heart of the island, sending plumes of molten rock and smoke billowing into the sky. The very air seemed to ignite with the force of the explosion, painting the horizon in a brilliant, fiery display.

As the echoes of the cataclysm faded, a stunned silence fell over the surrounding waters. The island, once a bastion of scientific ambition, now bore the scars of an unimaginable force. The remnants of the railgun's payload smoldered amidst the devastation, a haunting testament to the power that had been unleashed.

What followed next was silence and then there was a loud cheer from the people on the ship. The children and the Straw Hats. The children were being treated and were given medicine to cope with the addiction. But the G5 marines and Smoker along with Tashigi, had their eyes wide open seeing the whole island just stopped 'breathing'. 

The island, once a thriving hub of scientific experimentation and ambition, was reduced to a sea of smoldering ruins. Charred remnants of once towering structures jutted out like grotesque sentinels, their twisted steel frames reaching for a sky that no longer embraced them. The acrid scent of scorched earth and melting metal mingled with the acrid tang of chemicals. And that was probably from the dead Smiley. 

The underground people were just silent when they saw it, and the people of the World Government who were watching it, sent the report immediately. This was a huge matter. A single weapon possessed by a pirate group to annihilate an entire island. 

This was enough to infuse fear for the first time upon World Government. 

"Finally.. Wohooo.. Sugeee.." Luffy cried. 

Ussop, Chopper were just hyperventilating at this point. Franky and Vivi were proud of what they were seeing, it was because both of them came together to make this happen and it was a success. They thought it might affect the whole ship as the payload was quite heavy and had to delivered in unbelievable fast speed. But nothing like that happened and their ship was fine. 

Franky went up to check and smiled when he saw everything was fine. Ken and others were all smiles, especially Ken. He asked them to make an island killer in the ship long back and now they had finally used it. 

Smoker just looked at the Straw Hats with utter disbelief because he understood that from this point on, they actually had the power to contend against World Government and they could be the actual changers of the world history. 

And he might have witnessed their rise to that. But then again he looked at Luffy who didn't look like someone who wanted to conquer anything. He was just happy with the blast and not because the island was just dead now. 

Announcement
Read 60+ chapters on my patreon
31