296. Ah shit, here we go again
572 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a different kind of scene on the Merry. Ken's words gave Law a scare, as he hadn't expected the Navy to align with Doflamingo. However, Ken's assurance brought hope.

"By Fujitora... Admiral Fujitora?" Law asked.

"Of course. Who else would be the blind swordsman?" Ken replied. Law shuddered at the thought of their small movement being noticed by an admiral. "You don't need to worry. I've just fought against Kong. They'll be more cautious if they want to deal with us."

"Kong? Was he the one you were fighting?" Luffy asked, having sensed Ken's battle against someone. Luffy, true to his nature, had full faith in Ken and didn't press for details.

Having a Vice Captain like him was a boon. Meanwhile, Law's eyes widened. He knew who Kong was and couldn't imagine someone from their generation fighting the Commander-in-chief and the previous Fleet Admiral on equal footing.

"A swordsman... I want to meet him since he's an Admiral," Zoro said.

"He uses his Devil fruit more than he uses his sword," Ken replied, disappointing Zoro a bit, although he understood given his own reliance on Devil fruit powers.

"The Navy might still come, since they are shameless," Nami remarked.

"Let them come. We can handle them," Usopp said, his knees shaking a bit.

"We can handle them. Just be careful of Sugar. She's the ultimate weapon of Doflamingo. Don't take anything from her," Ken advised.

"How is she a weapon?" Sanji asked as he served Luffy food.

"You'll know soon," Ken replied. Although they were curious, they didn't pressure him further. After eating and talking for a bit, Ken stood on the deck of the ship, breathing in the rushing air.

Zoro suddenly asked, "Ken, you've told me that your abilities come from a Devil fruit. How can you eat another Devil fruit after already having one?"

Ken, who was expecting this question, stopped enjoying the swift wind, turned around, and replied, "My previous Devil fruit allows me to have multiple personalities and thus have multiple Devil fruits too."

"What?"

"Sugeee."

"Your Devil fruit is off the charts, Ken."

"So you can eat more Devil fruits?" Usopp asked.

"Technically, yes. But I won't eat another one, as I don't go for shitty Devil fruits," Ken replied.

"Oye oye... That's too much ego speaking."

Of course whatever Ken said was false and he could only eat one Devil fruit. 

Ken didn't mind, while Law listened to them. Though he always felt like Ken had some kind of Devil fruit but hearing that he has a devil fruit that has multiple personalities was mind blowing for him. Now for Law everything made sense. 

His swordsmanship which he had never showed before. It must be his other personality. What more secrets was this guy hiding? 

The ship sailed for a few more days before the Log Pose pointed downward, which meant they had reached the place and they would just need to go down. 

"Well everyone, we have reached our next destination. Our main action here is to destroy the Smile factories and run wild," Luffy said as he got up on the main head of Merry. 

"We will need a disguise here if we want to have fun since they know us." Ken urged. In response, Ussop came and gave each of them moustaches and beard. Everyone looked a bit different once they got the additions on their faces. 

Meanwhile, Kinemon spoke of how they had to run away from Doflamingo and how one of their own men was in Dressrosa and they needed to get him. Ken had a smirk when he heard that. He of course knew of the traitor. It was only because of him, that he hadn't exposed this so called son and father duo. 

Unlike the actual story, everyone had decided to explore the island while Ken urged them not to eat any kind of candy given to them by a kid. Their life would be forfeit if it happened as Sugar would turn them into toys. 

"Toys?" 

"Yes, here many people were made into toys and the people who were toys at the beginning, their memories would be erased from the minds of others." Ken said. 

"What?" 

"That is cruel. Deleting memories." Sanji said as he took a puff of smoke. 

"People turning into toys. That is a new kind of Devil fruit." Brook said. 

"So be careful and other than that, find the location of the Smile factory." Ken said with a smile while urging Momonosuke to be at the ship and have fun playing VR games to make his swordsmanship better. This made Momonosuke happy and agreed to be there. 

After getting ready, the teams got divided. Luffy would go with Franky. Ken with Law, Zoro with Nami, Sanji and Robin would go together while Vivi and Kinemon would form another band. Ussop, Brook and Chopper would form the trio. 

Everyone had one aim in mind and that was to find the hidden factory. Ken knew the general direction of the factory but the crew also needed to unwind and have the log pose settle down so he would take down the whole factory slowly. 

In addition to the factory, there was a problem with the Tontattas so that needed to be taken care of too. Ken opened the Bifrost and let them land away from the city and in a forest where no one could see the Bifrost falling down.

 As soon as they landed on the island, Ken could hear the voices. He subconsciously listened to the words being told by people and was easily able to single out Mingo's words. At first he wasn't paying much attention as he was speaking of the Coliseum. 

There was no Flame Fruit this time so the whole Coliseum wasn't much of a story here, but once he heard what Doflamingo said he stiffened. He didn't expect that instead of Flame fruit they got their hands on another one. 

Another more dangerous one. 

"Shit." Ken cursed.

Announcement
Read 60 more chapters on my patreon
31