300. Two sides of the coin
408 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These pests need to just fuck off from here." Jack said in a haughty and callous tone. 

The other people who were around clenched their fists and jaw when they heard the insult but nobody spoke up. They were incensed but knew that if one of them lashed out, a single person wouldn't be able to take him down. Only in the Coliseum battle there was a chance. 

Luffy, of course, didn't seem to care about this big guy's words and walked past. He reached the place where the big statue of Kyros. The legendary warrior of the Coliseum. It was there Luffy met Rebecca who came forward and narrated who Kyros was. 

As expected Luffy was intrigued. As this was going on Bartolomew had already noticed Luffy and he was fan zoning hard as he couldn't believe his eyes that he was seeing his idol. He almost passed out, and when someone spoke of Luffy, they didn't badmouth him because he was kind of a legendary figure now. 

He had taken down two Admirals. That was a feat nobody had under their belt. Finally Luffy got allotted in a slot. Almost like the actual story, there were 5 arenas to be played in. Due to the fact that two Yonko pirates were involved, 4 of the main Yonko family were separated from each other. 

In one arena there was Charlotte Smoothie, one Charlotte Perospero, other was Jack, while the fourth one was Sasaki. Luffy was on the fifth one so he wasn't going to face any of the four in the first stage itself. This was kind of fate but that didn't mean that he was free. 

Luffy was the first to be called into the arena and he was already wearing his helmet to cover his face. Every arena would allow two champions in order to level the playing field so he walked out hearing the cheers of everyone present. 

As Luffy stepped into the bustling Coliseum, he was immediately faced with a formidable lineup of opponents. Among them were the powerful gladiators Don Chinjao, Cavendish and various other warriors eager to prove their strength. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation as the spectators and participants alike prepared for a series of thrilling battles.

Luffy's first encounter within the arena was against the formidable Don Chinjao, a former pirate with a grudge against the Straw Hat captain. Chinjao, known for his devastating headbutt technique, was supposed to have a good fight. 

Don Chinjao recognized Luffy immediately who went after him because of his grudge against Garp but of course this Luffy wasn't the actual Luffy and he took care of him with one shot in the head. The head of his became long and he lost his consciousness. Luffy didn't even hear his whole set of words that Don wanted to say to him.

Luffy never cared about backstories. 

The chaos still went on and by now some of the people around were whispering about how Lucy was termed as Luffy. The Yonko pirates had already heard that and they had a feeling that what that old man was speaking was probably the truth. 

"So that brat is here.." Jack murmured.

"He doesn't look like much." Sasaki said as Luffy fought quite easily against others and took them down and his devil fruit didn't seem to be good. But he also knew that Devil fruit wasn't everything even though their beast pirates were trying their best to get the smile fruits. 

"Hmph! Joker has already spoken to us about him, we should take care of him right now." Sasaki said.

"Let him win the arena and then we can talk." Jack said.

In the midst of the chaos, Luffy's path crossed with the enigmatic Cavendish, a charismatic yet deadly swordsman. Initially, Cavendish harbored animosity towards Luffy, viewing him as a rival for the spotlight. Luffy dodged his sword attacks and for someone like Cavendish for some reason, he wasn't really putting all his efforts in the fight. 

But soon it got annoying, as Luffy seeing no other option made his hand filled with Armament Haki but before he could even pin him down someone from back appeared and hit him right in the head. This made Cavendish lose his consciousness and fall down. The one who attacked was Bartolomew. 

He was fuming in anger as he did that. How dare someone say ill of Luffy-senpai. Luffy was confused but didn't say much and moved on. There were many who came forward to fight him. The one with the supreme punch or whatever that name was. A giant too. 

But soon everyone fell to their knees. It was too easy for Luffy as he didn't bother to use ninjutsu for fear he would be recognized and just used Haki to get rid of people here. At the end only two people remained in the arena. 

Luffy and Bartolomew. 

"Oh boy.. Is this the famous Straw Hat Luffy?" Smoothie asked. 

"It seems like it." Perospero said. 

"Quite the guy. We need to kill him in this arena itself." Smoothie said. 

"That we can." Perospero said.

Bartolomew followed Luffy outside the arena and the fight was too fast for any damage to happen at the arena. 

"Luffy-senpai can you give me your autograph?" Bartolomew said as he came out of the arena following him. 

"Huh.. Why?" Luffy wasn't able to understand. But as they moved to the waiting room, they suddenly heard a commotion. There were screams and cries. Before anyone could even understand what was going on someone appeared near Luffy appeared and swing his sword at him. It was too fast for anyone to see but for Luffy this appeared in very slow motion. 

"Eh.. Cabbage." Luffy thought as he seemed to remember the guy. He then proceeded to dodge the guy with ease. It was Cavendish. Since he lost consciousness, he seemed to have switched himself to a new personality. And this new personality was out for revenge. Luffy was on that list. 

Announcement
Read 60 more chapters on my patreon
25