302. Trials of arena
502 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Colosseum stood as an ancient testament to battles long past, its towering walls casting shadows across the sun-drenched arena floor. The crowd, a sea of eager faces, awaited the spectacle that was about to unfold.

First to enter the arena was Jack, the Drought, his massive frame casting a shadow over the sandy battleground. Opposite him stood a colossal giant, muscles bulging like hills. The tension in the air was palpable as the announcer's voice boomed through the arena, introducing the combatants.

"Let the clash of titans begin!" the announcer declared, signaling the start of Jack's Block arena fight.

Jack's opponent, the giant, hefted a gargantuan club, its weight causing the ground to tremble beneath each step. Jack grinned, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "Time to test the strength of these ancient stones!" he bellowed, charging forward with a thunderous roar.

The Colosseum trembled as mammoth met giant in a clash that shook the very foundations. Spectators marveled at the raw power displayed, the air charged with the energy of their collision. Jack's laughter echoed through the arena as he showcased his overwhelming might, ultimately emerging victorious amidst the cheers of the crowd.

As Jack exited the arena, Sasaki, the armored cyborg with swords at the ready, stepped in to take his place. His opponent, a swift martial artist known for his precision, eyed him with a confident smirk.

Sasaki's voice echoed through the Colosseum. "Your speed won't save you from the precision of my blades," he declared, taking a stance.

The martial artist grinned. "Let's see if your metal can withstand the dance of a thousand strikes!"

Blades clashed in a mesmerizing display of skill and technique. The Colosseum became a battlefield of finesse, each movement calculated and precise. Sasaki, with his cybernetic enhancements, proved a formidable adversary. The martial artist, however, danced around his attacks, exploiting any opening with lightning-fast strikes.

In the end, Sasaki's mastery prevailed, and the Colosseum erupted in applause as the cyborg acknowledged the defeated martial artist with a nod.

Finally, it was Charlotte Smoothie's turn to enter the arena. Her opponent, a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit user capable of transforming into smoke, evaded her grasp with elusive swiftness.

"You can't escape my grasp," Smoothie declared, her voice carrying an air of regal confidence.

The smoke-controlling foe chuckled. "You might find catching smoke to be more elusive than you think, my dear."

The Colosseum transformed into a surreal battleground as Smoothie manipulated the liquid within her adversary. The air shimmered with the otherworldly clash of powers, and Smoothie's composed demeanor concealed the intensity of her focus.

The battle reached its climax as Smoothie's control over liquid proved too much for the smoke-controlling foe. She emerged victorious, her elegance contrasting with the chaotic remnants of the surreal battlefield.

As Smoothie exited the arena, the Colosseum, now bathed in the warm hues of twilight, held the echoes of three distinct battles. Luffy had been watching all of this from the balcony while Rebecca was nearby almost in tears. She was in the fight against Sasaki but she couldn't make it at all. She tried her best but she couldn't.

It was Luffy before who had showed her kindness and involuntarily spoke of what she wanted to do and return the favor. Of course, Luffy didn't much care about her problems but he was thankful that Rebecca had fed him. But at the moment he only had one goal and that was getting the devil fruit.

And unlike the original story Sabo hadn't showed up for this Colisuem, though there were some Revolutionary members and even Koala had come, but Sabo wasn't following him. So this whole operation of the Revolutionary Army was just led by Koala alone. 

And she knowing that the Yonko's were involved didn't send her subordinates to the whole event and hoped that it didn't fall in the wrong hands. There were already whispers around that the Straw Hats had run havoc and she had even seen the whole island of Punk Hazard getting destroyed so she hoped that Dressrosa too had their presence. 

"Now for the grand event, that you all have been waiting for. "Ladies and gentlemen, warriors and spectators alike, brace yourselves for an unprecedented spectacle!" The announcer's words cut through the expectant hush, drawing all eyes to the center of the Colosseum.

"In a once-in-a-lifetime event, we bring together a gathering of formidable contestants, each vying for the ultimate prize: the Tremor-Tremor Fruit!" The crowd erupted in cheers at the mention of the mythical Devil Fruit, its powers whispered about in hushed tones across the seas.

"Presenting first, the indomitable Lucy who has been a dark horse and won the arena in the fastest way possible with his feet movements out of the world. The impassable fortress himself, Bartolomeo the Cannibal! The one nobody can go beyond. The fearsome Sasaki, the cyborg swordsman with an arsenal of blades ready to carve his legacy into the pages of history! Behold the Mammoth! Jack, the Drought, ready to unleash the might of his overwhelming strength upon this sacred battleground! The elegant and deadly Charlotte Smoothie, Sweet Commander of the Big Mom Pirates, graces us with her presence, her powers over liquids poised to reshape the very nature of this competition. Lastly, the wily Minister of Candy, Charlotte Perospero, enters the fray, armed with cunning intellect and the potential to outsmart even the most formidable adversaries." 

Luffy didn't much care about the announcement, nor did he care. The treasure box was kept on the top of a long pole that was in an incredible height. 

"God-senpai.. I mean.. Luffy-senpai.. If you want the Devil fruit, I will do my best to get it to you." Bartolomeo said. By this time Luffy and Bartolomeo had gotten close to each other and Luffy could see the goodness in him easily. Or at least his dedication to him. 

"Really? Chicken head? You will do that for me." 

"Yes.. I can die.. I mean I can get the devil fruit for you. My devil fruit ability can allow me make stairs." Bartolomeo said. 

Announcement
Read 45 more chapters ahead on my patreon and get updates on the discord server 
23