53. Baratie restaurant
2k 2 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yoho... Brother you have become so powerful? Why didn't you tell us?" Johnny was pumped seeing how Zoro just took care of an entire navy ship.

"Did you eat a Devil fruit?" Yosaku asked as he could easily see lightning in Zoro's attacks.

Zoro denied and just said that he had learnt this unique style of sword play in his journey. Ken had given him this favor and he would never betray the trust, even if these two were close buddies with him.

Soon the navy ship was nowhere to be seen. Merry Go anchored near the Restaurant and Luffy was particularly pumped to eat some meat. Ken and others followed the impatient Luffy inside and took their seats at a table. The other customers in the restaurant didn't seem to care that a pirate ship had anchored.

Luffy and Ken's bounty posters had just been released and only the navy knew about them. Luffy and Ken were still unknown to the world. The presence of Nami finally attracted the person who Ken was looking forward to adding to their next journey.

Vinsmoke Sanji.

Sanji brought out the tastiest dishes and gave it to Nami. Sanji looked already smitten with his eyes turning into a love heart the moment Nami pulled her cute aspects.

"The food here is free for you Miss Nami."

Zoro seeing the cook being a simp was already disgusted. For some reason Zoro was irritated seeing Sanji. Ken didn't care about it and just ordered good food and loads of meat for Luffy who was being unusually loud for the food. Only meat could calm him down.

The food was ready in no time as the money had already been paid by Ken and they were having a sumptuous food. Ken had to admit that Sanji's cooking was really amazing. His previous cooking looked like dirt in front of him.

But this good atmosphere was broken as soon as Gin, one of the subordinates of Don Krieg, had appeared. He looked like he was having a very tough time. In the beginning he tried to threaten the cooks around with his gun and he was taught quite a lesson by the cook named Patissier.

Gin was thrown out of the door. Luffy who had finished his food was now outside looking at Gin who had been thrown out. It was Sanji who came later and gave him food.

Fried rice and even a drink.

"I don't want your charity.." Gin said even after everyone could hear his stomach rumbling.

"Just eat. Dreams would die if you die. Eat and live for another day." Sanji said as he smoked his white cigarette. Owner Zeff, the owner of the Baratie restaurant just looked at this from high above and didn't say anything.

He and Sanji knew what hunger meant as both of them had suffered extreme starvation. Food was like a God to them and no one would be allowed to spill or waste them in front of Sanji.

Gin was thankful to Sanji after eating. He left with the small boat as he needed to go back to his Captain and bring him. Like him, everyone on the ship was suffering due to hunger.

"Sanji, join us. Be a pirate like us and be the cook."

"Who are you?"

"I am Monkey D. Luffy. The man who is going to find One Piece and be the Pirate King."

"Are you an idiot? That is just a dream." Sanji said but his tone was shaking when he said that. Like Luffy he too had a dream. The dream of finding All-Blue. But now he was tied here in order to repay Zeff. Zeff had saved his life by sacrificing his own leg.

This was something he could never forget!!

"What dream? The Pirate King had already spoken of the great treasure One Piece and I am going to find it." Luffy didn't care about the small insult.

"Haah... Baka... Another idiot... Anyways, I refuse to join your crew."

"Then I refuse your refusal." Luffy said.

"What kind of logic is that?"

Soon Luffy and Sanji were arguing while the other crew just looked at the foolishness of these two. Even Zeff came out to see what the commotion was. He just smiled and didn't say anything.

Nami was particularly distracted as she was flinching when they went back to their ship. Luffy had decided to give Sanji a try and convince him to join their cause. Ken and Zoro didn't protest and allowed the Captain to do as she wished.

"Nami you look distracted. Thinking about your home?" Ken came out at night to see Nami was just spacing out on the deck, looking at the bright stars in the sky.

"Home? No.. No.. I was just thinking how beautiful the world is." Nami laughed in a nervous manner for being caught red handed.

"It's alright to miss your home. I know your problem. We can deal with the enemies that you are facing." Ken said as now it was time for Nami to understand that once a person joined their crew Luffy would think of that person as his nakama and would go to any lengths to save that person.

Nami, Sanji, Robin!! All these people needed saving and Luffy never backed down. And Nami needed to understand that.

"What do you know of my home? You know nothing. Don't speak more than you should." Nami as she angrily started walking away. Ken sighed and finally said

"We can take care of Arlong!!"

"What? What did you say? Say that again." Nami was shaking when Ken spoke of Arlong.

"We can take care of the third rate fishmen pirates that have occupied your home. I have always known of your mission to accumulate 100 million bellies. Honestly Nami, you have traveled far and wide in the sea by now. Do you think Arlong will let you go even if you get 100 million bellies? You disappoint me." Ken said in one breath.

Nami was shivering when he said that.

Announcement
Read 17 chapters ahead on my Patreon
80