Chapter 2:New life, New body, and Scary women
55 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  My eyes open and I find that I'm leaned against a tree next to a dirt road. (Isn't this the place Touya started?) My thoughts are interrupted by some of my hair falling in front of my face. It's a different color from my original body. (Makes sense, my original body was roasted like a well done ham. I wonder what I look like.) I spot a  puddle and walk over to look at my reflection. I'm a short boy with silver hair with a hint of a blue sheen. My height probably isn't over 3ft. My eyes are hetero-chromatic, my left eye is a deep ocean blue, but my right eye is silvery blue in color. As for clothes, I appear to be wearing some basic clothing for the area, not to flashy and not too dull, just a tan shirt and pants. (My god, he didn't give me shoes, well I guess it doesn't matter. I didn't like wearing shoes to begin with.)

(This appearance is so young looking. wait, how old am I right now? I can probably see in my status screen.) As soon as I thought the word 'status' the window opened in front of me.

       Name: Jason Wing

       Age: 17

       Race: Human

       Lvl: 1

       VIT(HP): 25

       END(phys DEF): 30

       DEX(Flexibility and reaction time): 15

       AGI(Raw speed and acceleration): 16

       INT(general knowledge and memory): 26

       MAG(Mana amount): 0

       MIND(Mental DEF): 35

      Skills: Heat resistance F-Passive

      Heat resistance

      Effect: user gains slight resistance to heat, and their body doesn't catch fire. Does not stop heat related effects, just gives resistance. User can still be burned.

  (Not as young as I thought from the appearance. Oh well, I can live with this body.) I check my pockets to see if I have anything useful. (what looks like 10 copper coins, not a lot, but it should help me get started.) After a while, I figure out how to properly open the system. The only options I have currently are 'STATUS' 'SHOP' 'WORLD TRAVEL' and 'SYSTEM UPGRADE'. Of course world travel isn't gonna be used any time soon and I got no points for the shop or system upgrades, only thing I can do is find my way to the town and register as an adventurer. (Wait...I don't have a good sense of direction, shit.)

  As I was worrying about where to go, a gate opened behind me. "I was told you were here." I look back and see Touya himself. I crane my head "You were told about me?" Touya nods "Yeah, the god that reincarnated me told me that you were like me, but from a world where this world was just a fictional story. He also said that you'd probably need help getting set up." I chuckle and nod "Well he's right, I didn't think about the fact that I don't have a great sense of direction when I chose my system." Me and Touya laugh at my screw up, Touya then extends his hand "You probably know my name already, buy you can call me Touya." I reach out and shake his hand "I'm Jason, nice to meet you Touya. Also you're taking the fact that I'm from a world where your life is a fictional story a little too well." Touya laughs "I tend to try to not worry about things I can't change. Anyways we can continue talking in Brunhild" He opens a gate and the both of you walk through.

  Upon exiting the gate, someone stomps over and stands in front of you and Touya. You take a sharp breath when you see who it is. (Shit, of course the first person to meet us is Elze. Other than Yumina, she'll be one of the hardest ones to lie to.) Even Touya has gone pale. Elze glares at Touya "You said you had something to check, then disappeared suddenly. Also who's this guy?" Touya starts sweating bullets as he tries to think of an excuse. I cut in "I'm Jason, it's a pleasure to meet you...miss?" Realizing she hadn't introduced herself, Elze blushes "I'm Elze silhoueska, but please call me Elze." I nod and say "Mr Mochizuki found me trying to find where to register as an adventurer, and brought me to Brunhild so that I can register as an adventurer." Realizing what I'm trying to do, Touya chimes in "Please no need for formalities, just call me Touya." Elze smiles "Oh that's how it always is with Touya, he's always helping people. Welp, I'm gonna go do some more training, good luck with registering." I nod. When Elze is out of earshot, Touya plops his hand on my shoulder "You have a scary amount of skill." I start laughing, but my laughter is cut short and replaced by an internal scream when I see who is looking over at us. "Touya?" Touya looks down and sees the look of horror on my face "What's wrong?" I do a nervous chuckle "We're fucking screwed." Touya follows my gaze and the light fades from his eyes when he sees Yumina giving us the 'smile'. She sits at a table with tea and motions for Touya to come to her. I pat his back "Welp good luck, I gotta go register." Touya grips my shoulder "If I'm going down, you're going down with me." I look up and make sure Yumina can't hear me "Look man, her ability is trouble. I might not be 'evil' but I'm also not what you'd call a 'nice' person." Me and Touya are taken out of our argument when we hear someone step behind us. We look back and Yumina is standing behind us. "Are you boys done conspiring to avoid me?" If looks could kill, me and Touya would be in a coffin and six feet under. We go to the table and sit down. Yumina sits down and looks dead at me "I'm gonna be honest, I don't like the nature I'm seeing. Also I saw the charade you both did with Elze. What's the truth here?" I glance at Touya and sigh "I really do need to sign up as an adventurer, however the circumstances of me and Touya meeting are...complicated to say the least." Yumina continues staring me down "Hmm, so you won't answer?" She finally stops glaring at me and shifts her attention to Touya. Touya audibly swallows "Unfortunately it's as he says. It's not really something we can talk about." Yumina nods and sighs "I trust you Touya, but this man is another matter. If you say you can't talk about it, I won't pry.

After about an hour of being 'interrogated' by Yumina, I part ways with Touya and go to register as an adventurer. Once I finished the registration, I took a bunch of gathering requests. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and my fingers were blistered because the plants ended up being slightly poisonous and prickly. I make my way to an inn, walk to the counter, and ring the bell. A voice comes from a back room "I...I'll be right there." A woman with glasses scrambles to the counter. "How can I help you tonight?" I take out the coins I had earned "How much for a room for the week?" The woman opens up a ledger and does math "That will be one gold." I hand her the only gold coin I have. She gets all the inf she needs and writes it into the ledger. She then takes a slip with a room number and hands it to me. I go to the room and immediately crash on the bed, officially ending my first day in this world.

0