Instructions
649 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Instructions

To read a Choose Your Destiny story, start by reading the first chapter. At the end of the chapter, there will be a decision point where you have to choose what happens next. Click on the link corresponding to your choice (not the “next chapter” button) and continue reading. Keep making choices until you reach the end of the book.

Each dungeon story is short and meant to be finished in one sitting.

Enjoy!

Warning: You may die often. When you do, you can go back to the beginning and make different choices.

Top tip: Your role is that of adventurer and you are not given a map. You should mentally keep track of where you are. If you get lost, you can try drawing your own map of where you’ve been.

Each choice is given a page number to help you remember where you are in the dungeon.

 

Click here to start your adventure!

(First portal adventure: The Lost Crypts of Gothmog)

 

About the publishing schedule: The entire story has already been written. I just need to post it, but posting a lot of chapters in a short period of time triggers a spam filter on Scribblehub. I don't want my story to disappear so a few chapters will be posted every two days. 

You might also be interested in:

I’m Overpowered but I’ll Let the Hero Do His Thing While I Save the Last Boss

This is my other story. It's complete!

About The Lost Crypts of Gothmog:

In this Choose Your Destiny novel, you get to make the choices that determine the outcome of the story. It's like being the star of your own adventure!

You might be faced with a dilemma: should you go into the dark cave or explore the sunny meadow? It's up to you to decide!

Choose Your Destiny novels are full of surprises. Every choice you make could end up in danger, meet new friends, or discover hidden treasures.

The best part about these novels is that you can go back and make different choices to see what would have happened if you had taken a different path. So dive into one today and see where your choices take you!

Genre: Pick Your Own Adventure and Choose Your Path, Multiple Endings.

Note: This is not the poll type.

This is my first time writing a branching story. I hope you like it!

  • When I was a child, I used to love reading Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) novels. I borrowed a few paperbacks from the school library, and they were always great fun to read.
  • Recently, I read The Warlock of Firetop Mountain by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. It's similar to CYOA novels, but with more of a focus on adventuring, exploration, inventory management, and battles. My story was inspired by that.
  • Please let me know if there are any errors. I will fix them ASAP.
  • Thanks for reading!

By the way, don't think of each choice as a chapter. It's more like a page in a CYOA book or a short section of text rather than a chapter. Here's an example of what a choice looks like in The Warlock of Firetop Mountain:

The text is pretty short per choice/branch and once everything is posted, you should be able to finish the whole story in one sitting!

Other stories you might enjoy:

Reincarnated into a Time-Loop Dungeon as a LVL100 Catgirl Chef!

Synopsis: Dear Diary: I was reincarnated as a catgirl in a dungeon. There are time-loops. There are marble races. There are other catgirls. What else is there? (Pizza) Turn the page and see!!!

Quill & Still

Synopsis: Shem is a backwater, a place where ambition gives way to peace and the quiet life.

Sophie Nadash once yearned to understand life and chemistry. Now a disillusioned scientist of middle age, she yearns to set aside pipettes and polymerase forever.

A chance encounter with the Goddess Artemis sets her on the path to becoming an [Alchemist] in the Shemmai village of Kibosh. Freed from the hustle of Earth, she can relax, make friends, and rediscover her love for chemistry through its mystical precursor.

Beyond Chaos – A DiceRPG

Synopsis: “I’m alive...again?”

Adam died and was brought into a fantasy world. Then he died again and was reborn into a new (?) fantasy world. His life, as before, is in the hands of the dice. Come and join Adam as he rolls his way in and out of trouble.

The story has a slow pace and has elements of really light-hearted, wholesome stuff, and really dark, gruesome stuff.

 

12