The Lost Crypts of Gothmog – Page 20
97 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know for a fact that 77 is the right answer. You spin the dials to the correct position and pull the lever.

Jackpot! You hear a loud grinding noise and half of the room’s western wall slowly falls inward until there’s an opening that’s barely big enough for you to squeeze through. Drawing your sword, you cautiously make your way to the hidden chamber.

As you enter the hidden chamber, you can't help but to gasp in amazement at the sheer amount of treasure that is piled high around the room. Rubies, sapphires, and gold coins glimmer in the light of the torches that line the walls, and you can't help but to start scooping up as much as you can carry.

But then your eyes fall upon the raised marble dias in the center of the room, and you realize that this must be the final resting place of Gothmog the necromancer. Her skeletal hands are clutching a staff, and her empty eye sockets seem to be staring right at you.

You suddenly feel a chill run down your spine, and you have the sudden urge to leave this place as quickly as possible. But before you can make your escape, you hear a voice in your head that says, "You have freed me from my prison. Now you shall serve me in death!"

Gothmog rises from the marble catafalque. She towers over you, clad in dark robes and wielding a deadly staff. She seems almost unstoppable.

But you are not afraid. You have come too far to turn back now.

You grip your sword tightly as you face him down. Gothmog the necromancer cackles evilly, raising her hands to cast a spell. You know you must act quickly or be lost forever in her dark magic.

You lunge forward, sword raised, and slash at Gothmog. She cries out in pain as your blade sinks into her flesh. She lashes out at you with her staff, but you deftly dodge out of the way. You strike again, but she blocks your blow easily and counters with a wave of dark energy that sends you flying backwards.

Flee. (Page 56)

 

Attack. (Page 91)

1