Chapter 3 – I Meet a Cutie
5.1k 28 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The streets of Shibuya, Tokyo, were filled with people of all ages. Couples, teenagers, elderly and even some families were walking around under the sunny weather of Sunday afternoon.

Because it was mid-summer, there were no clouds in the sky. The hot sunlight shone on the world with a big smile.

Even so, people were happy. No sighting of Beast in the middle of the city on summer vacation was the best thing people could wish for.

Then, here came the good part. That freaking hot sun was nothing to me as my body changed. Although I wore a deep purple t-shirt and a short white skirt, I felt no heat from the sun. Being Arsy was the best!

My necklace seemed to put me in the best condition at all times. That meant, even under a scorching hot sun, I would feel cool, like standing under a shade with a calm wind blowing in my direction.

“Titan, I love you!” I shouted in the middle of the city, garnering a lot of attention from people, as I hugged the golden furry ball in my arms.

Spoiler

Titan

[collapse]

“C-C-Can’t breath!”

“Ah, my bad! I am too excited!” I apologized and relaxed my hug against Titan. It heaved a sigh like an old man, then jumped on my shoulder again. It seemed like it designated my right shoulder as its spot.

From their perspective, I was like someone who hugged her fat pet. No one was able to hear Titan’s words, so it was pretty OK talking with my little furry ball in the middle of the crowd.

If there was someone who could hear Titan, then it would be Magical Girls. I didn’t particularly mind if my identity was revealed to Magical Girls. I meant… I wanted to talk with them, that was why I brought Titan to the open like this.

But they are too good at hiding! I know they don’t want their daily life to be disturbed, but… why is there not even a single Magical Girl in a big city like this?!

It was strange, truly strange. There were at least 500 active Magical Girls in each country. Then those Magical Girls would be spread all around the country to protect the city of their territories.

Shibuya was one of the wards in Tokyo. Even so, Japan was quite small compared to the other countries out there. So it was strange that I didn’t find even a single Magical Girl in this city.

“Hey, Titan. Where is the other Magical Girl? Don’t you know something about it? I mean, you are a Giant, so you know something about it, right?”

“The other Magical Girl? Of course, they are in their base, no?”

“Huh? They have a base?”

“What do you think? The government on Earth supported them. At least a base is affordable for them. Think about it. What if the Evil side of Magical Girls appeared on Earth? There will be chaos, no? That’s why the government looks after the Magical Girls and teaches them about morals and how to use their power.”

“I see.” I nodded at Titan’s explanation. That was quite reasonable.

If the Evil side from Magical Giants also appeared on Earth, there would be further chaos. So the Giants that arrived on Earth were all from the Good Side? I wasn’t someone who would believe such a thing.

I bet even Titan also thought that there would be someone from the Evil side that transferred over to Earth. Maybe that was why he chose me? To stop the Evil side? Well, for now, I only wanted to play with Magical Girls. I didn’t really care whether they were from the Good or Evil sides.

But… the government looked after the Magical Girls to teach them about morals and how to use their power? Taking the government came from Earth, surely they would build that one. A sickening place that I didn’t like.

“Hey, Titan,” I called out to the cat in my hand as I raised it to match my gaze.

“What?” The furball asked. “Before you ask, I don’t know the location of their base, you know? With my current strength, I can’t differentiate between Magical Girls and normal girls.”

“Hmm… is that so? Then let’s continue walking until we find a Magical Girl. I am confident I can feel them.”

“You do that. Let me rest on your shoulder.”

“Yes, yes. On your usual spot, you go.” I put Titan on my right shoulder, his usual spot, before continuing my walk.

While walking, I opened up my smartphone to do a quick search for something. The website I opened was the Magical Girl forum, where information about Magical Girls was scattered around by the fans.

I also wore an earphone so I could talk to Titan without looking like a crazy girl. I meant, everyone who looked at me wearing an earphone would think that I was on a call instead of talking to the cat on my shoulder.

“Hey, Asa. Walking while playing with your phone is dangerous.” Titan reprimanded me. Somehow, the Giant on my shoulder talked like a teacher from my school. Rather, he knew about our culture well. I guess even a Giant would get used to Earth after living on it for 3 years.

“It’s fine. A lot of people are doing this. I will be fine.” I answered with a wave of my hand.

“I am not worried about you. I worry about the people who you bump into if you are careless.”

“Don’t worry. It will not be a problem. I am not someone as careless as that.” I looked at Titan and grinned cheekily at it.

At that moment, maybe due to my negligence and the flag that Titan triggered, my shoulder bumped into someone, and a cute yelp followed suit.

“Kya!”

If this wasn’t a cliché, then I didn’t know what to call it. Titan also stopped talking, which was unusual. The other party that I bumped into fell to the ground.

Although I looked like a normal human right now, it was just the illusion from the necklace that I wore. My real strength was still that of Magical Girl, so I had superhuman strength.

I turned to the one I bumped into with an apologetic look as I put my phone back in my pocket. When I saw her, my mouth gaped a little bit. She was so cute, like a doll. With blonde hair, she looked like someone of my age.

She wore a white school uniform. Her short skirt was also white; I could see her underwear showing because her skirt got tangled by her hand.

However, I quickly recovered and extended my hand toward her.

“I-I am sorry. Are you okay?”

She opened her eyes and looked at me. They looked like aquamarines, shining like the blue gem.

“Y-Yes. I am sorry, too; I was distracted by something.” The girl answered as she took my hand.

I helped her to stand up. At that moment, I noticed that she also held a phone in her hand. From my position, I could see her screen. She opened the same forum as me, the Magical Girl forum.

From that, I realized that this girl was a kindred spirit. Even so, we didn’t know each other, so I stopped myself from asking her numerous questions that I had in my mind.

I couldn’t feel Mana from her, so she was only a normal girl, not a Magical Girl.

“No, no. It’s my fault. I was also distracted by my phone. Once again, I am sorry.”

The girl smiled brightly as she dusted and fixed her skirt.

“It’s not a problem. Well then, I need to go right now. Once again, I am sorry about it.” She bowed politely before walking away, continuing her walk.

Somehow, I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She was so cute that I wanted to know more about her.

Could it be that I fell in love at first sight? There was no way. I was lost in my thoughts until Titan tapped my head with its paw, making me turn at the cat, who had a smirk on its face, and it said.

“I told you.”

This cat was really annoying.

Author Here~

More than 5 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

184