Chapter 4 – A Beast Attack
4.7k 16 183
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went to a park after that.

I just realized that I was still wearing an earphone. It had no real noise cancellation and was comfortable; that was why I didn’t realize that I still had it on my ear all this time. I often forgot about such small things, especially when I was caught up in something else.

My search for Magical Girl for today proved to be a bust. I didn’t even feel Mana in this big city, even after walking for a few hours. The only thing I found was that cute girl I bumped into.

Thinking about it once again…

“That girl was cute,” I muttered to myself as I sat on the bench, looking at the blue sky.

“There you go again. I do admit that girl was special. She has what it takes to be a Magical Girl. Maybe she will be scouted by some Giants in the near future; who knows?” Titan sat on my lap as it licked its paw cutely.

But that girl had what it took to be a Magical Girl, huh? No wonder. She was so cute, after all. I loved cute girls and always looked at them, but it was the first time I met a cute blonde directly.

“You think so? Anyway, are all Magical Girls in their base? Won’t they be late if Beast somehow appeared in the middle of the city?” I asked Titan. I stroked its head gently with my hand. It didn’t refuse it. Instead, it purred comfortably.

Even though it was annoying, Titan was still a cute furball. No girl would be able to hold back to stroke it. When I walked down the town earlier, many girls even looked at my shoulders.

“Oh, right.” Titan raised its head and looked at me. “I forgot about it. Teleportation Magic is already developed, so they can teleport at waypoints globally. The Magical Girls mostly stay in their base unless they are on break or vacation.”

Wait a minute, teleport? I had never heard of it. There was no such thing as Teleportation Magic back in Magical Giants. There was only Teleportation Magic Item that let you teleport to a saved place, but the item was expensive and required a certain Beast’s core to make it.

Realizing my confusion, Titan continued, “A certain crazy girl developed it. Even those in Deepland use Teleportation Magic now.”

I didn’t know who this certain crazy girl was, but I knew that this girl was a genius for creating a new kind of Magic.

More importantly…

“Why didn’t you tell me about that earlier?! I walked for a few hours for naught!” I shouted loudly out of frustration. If I had known about it earlier, then I would focus on finding their base instead of a Magical Girl.

“You said you wanted to take a walk. Not my fault.” Titan huffed and continued licking its paw. Did its pride as the strongest Giant become nonexistent after it became a furball? How could it calmly lick its paw like a real cat?

Anyway, I looked at my phone again.. I always put on the notification of the Magical Girl forum so I would be updated, and now, something new was posted on the forum.

I immediately looked at it. Then, when I saw what was posted, I grinned.

“Titan…” I picked up the furball and placed it on the bench beside me before I stood up.

It turned its head slowly at me and said, “Did you find something?”

“Yes.” I canceled the necklace effect and turned into my Magical Girl form. I became Arsy. My cape fluttered due to the wind, and the people at the park turned their attention to me.

It was rare to find a Magical Girl. They were always reclusive when they transformed so their identity wouldn’t be revealed. However, I didn’t really care about that. I could just live my life as a Magical Girl all the time. Besides, some Magical Girls also worked as Idols, so I wouldn’t stand out as much.

Titan jumped on my shoulder and patted its paw against my hat, fixing it.

“You know how to fly, right? We have no teleport waypoints like the other Magical Girls, so you need to fly by yourself to go wherever you want.”

“I know,” I answered and called my wand to my left hand.

Every Magical Girl had a wand; I was no exception. But my wand was special. It didn’t look like a wand at all. It looked like a luxurious black cane with a black gem on top of it. I could feel my horns being brushed slightly by my hat, so I fixed it with my free hand to make it comfortable.

“It’s time for my first appearance!” I said loudly as I tapped my cane against the ground.

When the tip of my cane made contact with the ground, a purple ripple of Mana was sent to the area around me, sending the leaves on the ground blown away like being hit by a gust of wind. Then, slowly, my feet lifted off the ground and I flew up fast.

“Yeah! I am flying!” I shouted happily as I spread my arms. Titan fixed itself on my shoulder, and I protected the area around me with my Mana so the wind wouldn’t blow it off.

“Don’t get so excited! Just focus on flying!”

I ignored Titan’s warning. I meant flying was exciting! So I raised my speed even faster.

“Hahaha! This is fun!”

“Haa– Don’t blame me if you hit a plane.”

Somehow his words were ominous. He raised a flag earlier, so I decided to be more careful while flying. I certainly didn’t want to hit a plane. That was on a whole different level from bumping into someone.

***

I didn’t hit a plane at all, it was a safe flight.

I flew carefully for 3 minutes before we reached the area around Tokyo Tower, and I finally could feel two Mana sources from a distance. Titan apparently also felt them as it tapped my shoulder.

“It’s close. One Magical Girl and one Beast.” Titan said seriously.

Although it couldn’t feel the untransformed Magical Girl, it apparently could still feel Mana from the transformed one. The Magical Girl’s Mana felt like a warm spring. In contrast, the Beast’s Mana felt like a raw beastly scent in my nose.

The Mana that I felt was around 100 meters away. There was a cloud of black smoke coming from that direction. It seemed like the Magical Girl had some difficulty beating the Beast.

After ten more seconds, I could finally see them. A girl was flying in the sky, facing a big wolf with its mouth open wide. Its drool dripped from the beastly fangs. Two glowing beastly golden eyes glared at the Magical Girl, intimidating her.

Spoiler

Garmr

Garmr

[collapse]

The Magical Girl appeared to be cornered. Her expression wasn’t good, and she drew a sharp, heavy breath from her mouth. The soft black hair that reached her waist fluttered against the wind, like her frilly blue Magical Girl costume. Her wand was short, and she gripped it tightly in her hand.

All in all, she looked cute! As expected from a Magical Girl. I was still their fans even when I became one myself!

“Hey, As– Arsy. What will you do?” Titan asked me. It also corrected the way it called me, as I was now in my Magical Girl form.

“Isn’t that obvious?” I grinned and dived down at a fast speed. My destination was above the Magical Girl. “I need to make a flashy entrance!”

How to make a flashy entrance? The answer was simple. I just needed to manifest my Mana.

Independent Magical Girl. That was me. An end-game Magical Girl whose body was created from a Giant’s flesh, a Beast Core, and a Magical Girl’s wand.

There was one characteristic that the Independent Magical Girl had. That was a manifestation of the Beast that was used as their core with their Mana. Coincidentally, the Beast that became my core was really famous and terrifying.

A black Dragon with a white lining appeared behind me as I manifested my Mana. The Dragon had four horns, black and white, crossing with each other. The size of the Dragon was bigger than even Tokyo Tower. Everyone must be able to see it from a distance away.

The Beast was the one who noticed me first. It shivered and sat on the ground like a good dog. Then, the Magical Girl looked up, wondering why the Beast suddenly became docile. As she looked up, scared, I stopped on my track and held my cane with both hands.

“Hahaha! Don’t worry, people! As I, Arsy, have arrived!” I shouted while enhancing my voice with my Mana so everyone in the area of 200 meters, with me as the center, could hear me. My mouth curled into an excited grin while Titan sighed tiredly.

“Flashy entrance, my paw… You literally scare an entire city with what you do.”

I ignored Titan's protest. Mainly because I was at the peak of my excitement. This is really exciting!

Author Here~

More than 5 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

183