Chapter 52: Rejection
449 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New World, Prodance Kingdom, Royal Palace.

“Sorry, I can't tell you two about it” Elizabello II said firmly to Sabo and Koala who were in front of them at this time, “That is a secret that the Fortis Kingdom has. Even though I know it, however, I don't have the right to tell you anything that has to do with it.”

Sabo and Koala instantly fell silent hearing this.

“Then can you help us communicate with King Fortis?” Sabo asked again, "You can definitely contact him, right?"

"Haven't you guys been rejected. Why do you insist on establishing a cooperative relationship with them?” Elizabello II again asked directly.

“The refusal was made by Lord Hashirama” Koala said, “It was not a direct refusal by King Fortis. We still have a chance to get cooperation from him.”

“You better forget it” Elizabello II said directly, “What Lord Hashirama said yesterday to you is what King Fortis wanted”

“What do you mean the refusal was an order from King Fortis? How could it be?!" Koala asked back with a surprised face.

“That's the truth” Elizabello II said, “King Fortis was aware of this move you were about to make and was looking for me to get in direct contact with him. He had stated his desire not to do anything that would be of no benefit to his kingdom and also that carrying out such an act of encroaching on the World Government's power would only be troublesome for him.”

“Troublesome for him? Then how about yesterday? If it's really that troublesome wouldn't King Fortis bother going to the trouble of attacking the World Government?” Koala insisted again.

“The attack that was carried out yesterday was because it was the work of the World Government. The Fortis Kingdom is a kingdom that places great importance on the kingdom that builds a cooperative relationship with them. The World Government attacked first and they retaliated. It's a relatively normal act as well as counterattack." Elizabello II said calmly.

“In that case, are you just going to take it for granted? You just got an assassination plot and almost died because of them and your kingdom was almost overrun by them”

"Yes. Indeed it is. However, what now? Currently our kingdom is in good condition. I am also currently in good health and also the World Government has apologized to me directly and they even paid a huge amount of compensation for the attack . The money has now been used by our kingdom in business and is currently earning a large amount of profit. What else do I need to pay attention to? Even though I took a loss from the previous attack. However, I also get more benefits. Because with the attack that happened, I was able to get quite a lot of capital along with knowing how vulnerable the security of our kingdom was.”

“This…” Koala was silent for a moment listening to this.

“So, is your kingdom really not going to help in overthrowing the power of the World Government?” Sabo again asked seriously.

“My decision is unanimous” Elizabello II said seriously, “We will not interfere if it has no relation and benefit to our kingdom. Right now we want to build our empire even better. Also, forget about your desire to establish a cooperative relationship with the Fortis Kingdom regarding the overthrow of power. They don't have the desire and ambition to carry out such an act."

Sabo and Koala fell silent for a moment hearing this.

“I see” Sabo nodded and said again, “Could you give us the den-den mushi number of King Fortis? If you really can't talk to him directly, let us talk to him directly."

“No” Elizabello II refused again, “I cannot hand over the number without King Fortis knowing. I don't want to make the relationship between us strain just because of the desire that you guys have."

“But you can ask him first, can't you? You can contact King Fortis and then ask him” Koala said again in a slightly desperate tone.

“Even though you said a pretty reasonable thing. However, I can't guarantee that he wants to talk to you. I've said it before, haven't I? King Fortis has rejected you and it is impossible for you to try to establish a cooperative relationship with them.”

Sabo and Koala fell silent again hearing this.

Sabo then took a deep breath then looked at Elizabello II, “We understand. Thank you for taking the time with us” Sabo's gaze looked at the Koala, “We're leaving, Koala. We can't possibly get a chance to talk to King Fortis right now.”

“But…” Koala's gaze stared at Sabo and had a look of despair.

The two of them immediately turned to leave the royal palace.

"What is that?!" When the two of them arrived at an alley, the Koala immediately shouted angrily, “They have ability and power! But! But! Why don't they want to help us?! Don't they care about the same race as them!" Tears slowly fell from Koala's eyes.

“You have to calm down, Koala” Sabo said calmly but his hands were tightly clenched, “Even though you are angry right now. You can't do anything. We don't even currently have a chance to talk to him. You will only destroy yourself.”

Koalas are slowly becoming calmer.

“At least, even if we get rejection back. We got very important information regarding the Fortis Kingdom” Sabo said seriously.

“Important information?” Koala asked as he looked at Sabo and immediately wiped the tears that came out of his eyes.

"Yes. Did you not listen to the words of the King of Prodance? When we asked the King of Prodance about Hashirama's previous strength, He just said that he couldn't answer and that it was a secret from the Fortis Kingdom. That means Hashirama's abilities match the analysis you built."

“Wait does that mean…” Koala's eyes widened at this.

“Yes” Sabo nodded, “The Fortis Kingdom seems to have developed a new source of power that is not derived from Haki power or devil fruit power but the Fortis Kingdom has a different source of power from these two powers. It is possible that the power that Hashirama is currently using is also not the power of a devil fruit as is currently widely known by the public, but Hashirama's power comes from this new source of power."

“Even though we know this. However, it won't be able to help us in scouring the World Government” Koala said with a frown. “We also cannot use this information to threaten the Kingdom of Fortis to establish cooperation with us. That would only cause us to get a direct hit from the Fortis Kingdom. Also, if we spread this information, it will only cause war to break out which is not in line with our philosophy.”

Sabo was silent again hearing this.

“We'd better report what we got to Dragon-san. We are waiting for the response” Koala said calmly as he leaned his body against the wall still feeling very disappointed.

Sabo nodded and immediately took out his den-den mushi and immediately contacted Dragon.

"Hello, Dragon here"

"Dragon-san it's me, Sabo"

“What about your job, Sabo? Have you had the chance for us to speak to King Fortis in person?” Dragon asked in a hopeful tone.

“I apologize, Dragon-san. We didn't get a chance to speak directly to the King of Fortis” Sabo said in a sad tone, “We've tried to talk to the King of Prodance but we were immediately rejected. We've also tried to get King Fortis' den-den mushi number from him. However, we were also rejected by him. We've tried talking to him. However, all of them were rejected.”

Dragon fell silent hearing this.

“However, we obtained important information through this conversation and it is related to the Fortis Kingdom”

“Important information?” Dragon asked with great interest.

"Yes. The information we got through the conversation is that the Fortis Kingdom seems to have developed a new source of power.”

“A new source of power?” Dragon asked while frowning.

"Yes. Previously, Koala had thought that it was possible that the Fortis Kingdom had developed a new source of power whose source of power was not related to the power of Haki and the power of devil fruit. We all know that Hashirama senju has the ability to control wood and manipulate it. But at the time yesterday. We saw Hashirama use his flying ability after he finished talking to us to return to his kingdom. Previously we suspected that Hashirama was a user of two devil fruits. However, as we know that one cannot eat two devil fruits. This piqued our curiosity and we immediately asked the King of Prodance. At the time we asked this question. We get the answer that the King of Prodance cannot answer this question because this is a secret from the Kingdom of Fortis. He doesn't have the right to tell her."

“A new source of power” Dragon said in a serious tone, “Is it not possible for the two of you to be able to obtain information regarding the source of this power?”

"I think it's hard to do. At the time we collect information from local residents. They don't seem to know about this information. I believe only the King of Prodance as well as other higher-ups who have come to the Fortis Kingdom in person know about this new source of power.”

"If so. There is a possibility that King Neptune as well as other higher-ups know about the information about the source of this new power” said Dragon.

“That can happen” Sabo nodded, “There is a possibility that only they know about this”

“No” Dragon suddenly rejected it, “Someone else knows about this”

"Others?" Sabo asked in confusion.

"Whitebeard" Dragon said seriously, "Whitebeard had fought Hashirama before. Whitebeard must know about the source of this new power."

“Whitebeard” Sabo muttered under his breath, “Should we go to him to ask?”

“No” Dragon immediately refused, “You guys don't go there. You will immediately get rejection from the old man.”

Dragon paused for a moment and continued, “Let me go to meet Whitebeard in person to ask him. You two can go back to base. You've been getting rejection like this. It won't be possible to get that chance back.”

“You will go directly?” Sabo asked with a surprised face.

“I had several relationships with Whitebeard in the past. Maybe I can try talking to him to get some information. You go back to base. there are some jobs that will be given to you two later. Leave this mission. We will try to rethink how to meet King Fortis in person.”

“We understand”

10