6. CCG’s Reaper
1.4k 6 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been an hour since Kaede has awakened, she was blankly staring at the wall for other people but herself with the occasional movement of her eyes, rarely ever blinking, probably making her look mental. 

Which to be fair from a human perspective wouldn't be far from the truth. Not like it would be out of the norm for a child to have lived through what she did and act this way.

'If only I had awakened them earlier…', she thought with mixed feelings, sadly it was the past. 

Nothing could undo it and she was rational enough to know her Dad wouldn't want her to dwell on his death to the point of harming herself and others, even if it happened in the form of mutilating his murderer to the point he was more paste than whatever he was supposed to be. 

She knew where her Mom was, and thanks to a letter written in her Mom's handwriting, she was sleeping at a motel nearby because the hospital rule forbade visits after a certain hour, Kaede in fact hated that fact. She didn't want to be here. At. All.

At the moment she was moving her four 2-meter-long invisible arms, she dubbed them vectors. It was a strange sensation, it was new 'limbs', and she had an instinctive understanding of them. 

All of them could be moved to her will independently with surgical precision with little to no real mental strain, though she put that on the fact she was doing very simple movements. 

More complicated ones will require training, better understanding, and concentration. 

Not only that but her horns while she used her vectors felt very similar to muscles flexing, it was hard to describe but with that in mind she could extrapolate that like a muscle it could become stronger. And she was but a preteen, as such deducing that this 'muscle' will also naturally become stronger was but logical.

Depending on how fast and the way she made them 'vibrate' they could change property, from tangible capable of grabbing objects, to intangible capable of going through organic and inorganic matter alike and even becoming akin to a very rough molecular blade.

All of this she tested under the cover and below the pillow, hidden from sight. Because a healthy dose of paranoia never hurts, and she knew she would need any and all advantage she could get even if minimal. Just the fact she was in a hospital was already bad.

What she discovered was just the tip of the iceberg, the potential was enormous if not night infinite as long as she played it smartly. All her vectors vanished inside her back as she heard the door opening.

Her head instinctively snapped at the direction of the noise and her ruby-red eyes focused on a small woman with straight but slightly messy black hair and glasses hiding heavy eyebags, it was a nurse. 

A human, a murderous streak flashed in Kaede's mind, surprising and horrifying her, not the idea of killing… Far from it.

Even if she knows it should, she felt a lack of restraint toward that aspect, a thirst for killing in fact and that was what horrified her. What would she become if she let go and caved to this new primal and animalistic instinct?

The nurse smiled softly as she saw the little girl awake and seemingly in full health, yet the horned girl's stare made her uncomfortable and felt a sense of danger she couldn't understand. Kaed noticing that stopped and smiled, making the nurse think of what she felt about her lack of sleep. 

She was running on caffeine and pure will, also why she didn't particularly register the horn. Not like it was the strangest thing she saw in her life.

"Oh, you're finally awake. You must be famished, would you like me to call someone to bring you breakfast? Don't worry, today's food is palatable. You don't have any allergies do you?", the nurse asked softly, after that she was going to take a 1-hour nap.

Kaede nodded for the breakfast and said no to coffee, or anything with even a nanogram of this abomination in it, 15 minutes later the door was opened again, and a tall man in his mid-twenties with a white trench coat entered a metallic suitcase in one hand while a plastic tray with food in the other.

Bored gray eyes behind a pair of thin and elegant rectangular glasses, whitening dark blue hair, and a cold, borderline emotionless handsome face. 

Their eyes met and Kaede instinctively tensed up, she recognized who that was, the strongest CCG agent if her memories were correct. 

Not that she knew every detail and information about the anime and manga, but she also didn't know which one she was, not that it mattered. Her existence destroyed it and made her canon knowledge more than shaky.

She wasn't a ghoul but neither was she human, and neither was he human, or at least fully human, which meant she was right. Apparently, she could instinctively know if someone wasn't human, how, but she didn't have clues at the moment.

He is half-human after all. A fascinating and extremely rare occurrence was the copulation between a ghoul and a human that gave birth to a hybrid. 

Less rare than half-ghouls, half-humans were still a curiosity, as RC cells were. Extremely interesting from every biological standpoint, particularly the various diseases on the hybrid but it wasn't the time for that.

'Why the fuck is he here!?', she thought, her rational and logical side keeping her in check as he wouldn't do anything to her since this is a hospital and it wouldn't make sense. At least that is what she hoped.

"Good morning, I'm Kisho Arima, a Special Class Ghoul Investigator. Here is your breakfast, rice, miso soup, and smoked salmon.", the man said, placing the tray on the overbed table before sitting on a chair in front of the pink-haired girl.

The moment he approached she had the possibility and urge to cut his head off, her vector stopping right at the neck, leaving a barely noticeable cut. She refrained herself, maybe it was a mistake, maybe it wasn't. Either of the two options was bad, but killing was still the worst of the two.

Kisho's eyes widened a little as he took out a handkerchief to clean the droplet of blood off his neck. She could have killed him, how he didn't know and in his opinion probably didn't either, as smart as the report said she was. In the end, she was but a traumatized little girl, one with a very strong front.

His lips formed a thin smile that Kaede noticed. Indeed it was a good idea to come after he got the information of a horned girl with an odd RC cell count related to a strange accident.

The air was tense, making her particularly uncomfortable. A CCG agent, one unrelated to her in her hospital room, should have broken at least a few laws but he was a high-ranked member of an organization that was pretty much the government. 

Laws were only taken into consideration when convenient. And the CCG was far from not being corrupted or controlled by humans for that matter.

Kaede broke this tension by starting to eat the smoked salmon worth the chopsticks, eating a third of it in one gulp, after having dipped it in soy sauce she spoke.

"So Mister Arime… Why are you here? Isn't it illegal…?", she cut straight to the point. Baffling the man with her attitude and question, his smile grew and he spoke.

"Kaede Izumi, sex female, a 10 years old child, born on the first of May, in the year 2001 in Kanou General Hospital, of Japanese nationality, blood type AB+, latest IQ test revealed a score of 199, a passion for biology were she excels, physical characteristic; two horns on each side of her head, pink hair, pale skin, crimson eyes. And a negative result at the RC cell test. A case was never seen in the CCG's history.", Kicho said as if he was talking about the weather.

Having someone talk this way about your personal information was unpleasant, and sickening in a way, it also meant they must know way more and that she didn't like but the last tidbit of information...

'Negative? No, 'null' result at the RC cell test… Negative… Interesting choice of word…', she thought, perplexed.

RC cells were found in all humans, their quantities and consecration in certain being one of the most noticeable differences between them and ghouls. Various theories suggested that they are in a way indispensable for even humans to live. She needed information about what she was, and fast.

"I will be direct with you, Kaede, the Commission of Counter Ghoul is interested in your person."

59