Chapter 3
4.1k 12 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ngh...

I slowly open my eyes, I felt comfortable but frowned at the movement that disrupting me.

"Oh? You're awake Jun?"

My drowsiness is immediately gone as I heard the voice of my master.

Her soft and gentle voice came right to my ears, allowing me to look at my surroundings before lifting my head and staring closely at my master.

"Master...?"

I am at her body, no, my master is carrying me allowing me to rest on hers.

"Sleep more, you pass out earlier, don't worry and relax."

Saying so, master rubbed my back gently making me feel what it means to have someone care for you.

It might sound so sudden, and I can't explain it well, it is just that, I am lacking something, whether it was my past life whom I can't remember anymore.

Or this body that became mine.

It feels like I'm in total isolation where I can only describe myself by my name.

Jun.

That's the only existence I have now.

The name I knew; that I exist in this world.

Allowing me to adapt to this world and have a name.

Having a name in this world just tells how I was born here.

That's why...

I secretly smile making sure master would not allow me to see it.

I snuggled at her shoulder for a few seconds finding comfortableness.

After I rest my head on her shoulder, it did not take long for me to fall asleep again.

It feels so good...

'....warm.'

***

*Glynda POV*

Great, she is sleeping again.

I sighed heavily while making sure she won't wake up.

At least not now.

"Cynthia, did you make sure no one saw Jun's face?"

"Yes, luckily, no one has the time to remember Jun's face."

"It would be a problem if someone manage to remember her face, make sure no one saw her."

"Hai... By the way, Guild leader... Jun, perhaps...?"

"Yeah, there's a possibility that she has her bloodline."

Cynthia and I saw it.

While we were fighting the Cerberus, the two of us makes sure that Jun won't be in danger, at most, making sure she won't die.

I know Jun is abnormally strong despite her age, however, it is because of this age that Cynthia and I were worried.

She is still a kid, just the same age as my daughter, but the difference between them is that Jun. Did not act like a kid.

No tantrum, she doesn't want to be spoiled.

She has this emotionless face that no one could fathom her strength.

She doesn't express her feelings to us, there might be, but she won't show them.

However, I'm worried, that others found out that she has a bloodline.

There will surely be a lot of people who would try to get her.

'...and I have to make sure that man won't notice her existence... At least not now, it's not the time yet.'

"Cynthia, once we go back to the guild, let's examine Jun's statuses...

We need to make sure that she really has a bloodline... Though I feel bad about finding her status without Jun's consent, however, we don't have a choice."

Really, it is worrying knowing a person has a bloodline that did not belong to the six lords.

If Jun really have a bloodline... Then, it is possible that; the bloodline is not that unique, there must be something that is needed to achieve...

It is possible that every combatant could have a bloodline, it's just that they still did not know how to awaken it or what it needs to awaken.

Of course, that is just a theory.

Bloodline... No one knows how the previous six lords awaken this...

But they said that a bloodline is a bloodline that is connected to old history.

Sadly, all the information about the old world's history is long gone.

What we know is that those who inherit the bloodline, just like me, will have a memory of our bloodline birth.

What I saw in my dreams was, a man... Or a girl?

This person's gender is unknown.

The Knight of the white lily...

I still remember this person's words that I could not get.

"All the world says it."

I shook my head, it is already hopeless, there is no information about the old world history.

We immediately went to my guild, it did not take too long for us to go there.

Once we are inside, I instructed Cynthia to carry the sleeping Jun while I used my guild card to open the laboratory.

There we lay Jun on the bed and used the appraisal artifact to find out her status.

It only takes one minute to finish all the information that will be written on the paper.

Cynthia took the paper that has the status of Jun.

But before she could give it to m.e, she stiffened like a stone with wide eyes.

"Cynthia...?"

"...Lyn, Look at her status..."

I flinched when she called me my nickname and I could not help but shake my head.

It was out of nowhere.

Anyway, I picked the paper and look at Jun's status.

--------

Name: Jun
Age: 7

Mana: 25/100%

Magic attribute

Fire Magic

Skills

Fireball

- creating a ball of fire that could kill enemies

Flash step
-increasing the user's speed increase by times two.

Bounce N Bounce
- making the knives bounce once it hits any kind of hard object.

Intermediate Hand to hand combat
- expert at fighting at close range, and increasing weapons knowledge.

Mana manipulation

- can manipulate mana

Fire manipulation

- can manipulate fire as long as the person has mana.

Knives Expert
- Expertise in using any kind of knife.

Unique skill

Thread Manipulation
- a unique skill that can manipulate strings, with or without mana.

Illusion Magic
-causing targets to see, hear, touch, smell or taste things differently from what they truly are. At its base, users can distort the shape and size of an object or area. 

Bloodline: Rank C

I see you bathing in the sun

Bloodline skills:

Angel of assassination

- A title that was given to a person from the old world. Praising her for her looks and skillful planning in assassination. She goes with the flow of luck and reduces the wariness of all people she meets or is around her.

Angel's Cloak
- can hide one's presence, no one could see her except if the person is stronger than her.

Innocent Killer (passive)
- The owner could kill someone without any remorse and can make the target let their guard down as long as the user innocently approaches them.

This will take effect when the user has a target to kill, and is 20m close to the target, this effect will be gone once the user exposed her killing intent.

Angel's Lie
- No one would be able to tell if she was telling the truth or not

This will take effect when the user looks suspicious to others.

Side effect

Devil's Hallucination

-this will take an effect when the person loses control of her negative emotion.

The user will experience a hallucination, what can the person see is random, but the hallucination of the devil is cruel and sometimes kill the person or their surroundings.

- the devil's hallucination won't stop unless the said person was stopped by getting unconscious.

-----

"... What the fudge? Cynthia... This would be the first time I've seen a person with a bloodline that does not belong to the six lords..."

"I must as well, Lyn... If others found this..."

"It would be hectic, We should let Jun inform about this."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, that is better because this is her status, and it's better for her to learn that she has a bloodline, but... "

'I guess my theory can be considered as truth...'

"Cynthia,  this is urgent, if Jun has a bloodline it is possible others do too, how they will have it, we don't know, or... Maybe it is random, agh!!! This is giving me such a headache god damn it, fuck!"

Jun, fucking wake up, I can't take this shit pretty well!

"...sigh, how's my daughter..."

I saw Cynthia frown before adjusting her spectacles.

"She went worse, day by day lyn. You spoiled her too much by buying such expensive things."

"... But I am giving her what I think she would like."

"That's not it... Sigh..."

"What?"

"Lyn, you said you are giving young miss what you THINK she would like... Lyn, think about it, did she like it?"

I stiffened.

I cannot answer, because I know what I'm doing is neglecting my daughter...

But I can't when they are around trying to snap our neck...

"Sigh... I think I should explain to Jun, what bloodlines are..."

I saw Cynthia shakes her head and I could only avoid her, I know... I know pretty damn well.

But what I'm doing is for the sake of my daughter...

Sigh... What should I do...

***

*Jun POV*

Once I opens my eyes, I saw myself in my room.

I look out the window and saw it was morning already.

I stiffened as I realized I slept like a log since yesterday, and this should be the day, I started serving the young miss.

I quickly put on my maid costume, and walk fastly, heading toward the master's office.

Once I am facing the door, I knocked three times.

"Master, it's me, Jun."

"Enter."

Once I heard my master's permission, I gently open the door, albeit raising my feet slightly to reach the handle.

I huffed in disappointment at how small I was, I pushed the door while still tiptoeing.

I bet of my adorableness that my action can be considered cute, huff.

"Jun, sit here."

Master pointed to her lap, asking me to use it as a chair, I nodded expressionlessly but deep inside I was happy.

However, I saw master's serious beautiful face and this happiness quickly faded away.

Once I sat on her lap, she picked something and it was an A4 size paper.

I tilt my head curiously and began to read it.

Oh?

I have a bloodline.

Okay.

"Master, It seems I have a bloodline."

"It seems you realized the obvious fact."

"It is obvious that's why I said it, probably because master will say,  'Jun, you have a bloodline' no?"

Master clicked her tongue she was about to retort but I continue.

"Also, master will then explain what is bloodline, this and that, and after the end of the explanation, the master will ask me to hide that I have a bloodline as when people knew I have it, they will try to take advantage of me, at worst, do something absurd."

"Great, it seems I don't need to explain what exactly is bloodline, our adorable battle maid, Jun is confident and rudely speaking towards her master, yay."

"You flatter me, master."

"Sure. Have your way."

She said mockingly

"So, master, what is a bloodline?"

"Oh, you didn't know?"

"I know pretty well, but I poorly sympathize with master because it seems that she was eager to explain it."

I said then exhaled before saying.

"It is not like, I don't know anything."

"Heh, what  tsun-"

"tsundere, that's how master act sometimes, I just demonstrated it, how about it master? It is not like I'm curious about your expression or anything."

I said with a flat monotone, despite what I'm saying, there are no emotions in my voice, it is too dull.

"How about I slap your butt until it turns red?"

"Master is a pedo, master likes to spank a person, master likes this types, eew."

"You really want some beating, do you?

" anyway, master, Please explain what is bloodline."

"You sure grow some guts despite being my slave."

"I'm sure does, because it's master."

"Stupid brat... Sigh, so... Bloodline is..."

___

Zero: I'm sorry, if I just publish now, I have the flu last month and could not do it, ehem, adding the word 'procrastination'...

Anyway.

Some of you might be wondering why Jun is not a pervert here, it's because those perverts awaken when Lotte remembers her past life(if some of you are new to reading this and puzzled about this, then that's just sad.) And Jun is a serious type of person and she is still not that corrupt.

Anyway, thank you for reading!!!

History fact

The Knight of the white lily, was given to Charles-Geneviève-Louis-Auguste-André-Timothée d'Éon de Beaumont or Charlotte-Geneviève-Louise-Augusta-Andréa-Timothéa d'Éon de Beaumont, or in short Chevalier D'eon, A spy knight of France, they expertise on spying.

And as for this Angel of assassination, this was given to a person, after her death.

Her name is Marie-Anne Charlotte de Corday d'Armont, or Charlotte Corday, she was a figure on the french revolution and was executed by guillotine after the killing of Jacobin leader jean-paul Marat.

She was considered a martyr and a hero for what she did, she was the only one who planned the assassination while jean paul Marat was in his bath, because of her appearance, no one would expect there was a hidden knife on her back.

Now, if you are wondering about this

'I see you bathing in the sun in Jun's bloodline.

Then that's because of the art about jean-paul Marat, made by Jacques Louis David, I use it as a reference and instead of blood I used the sun as a sign of a new day for France like after the death of Corday, lots of people cheered of her did, I hope I explain it well and the sentence of "I see you bathing in the sun" is not made up or something?

I hope it made sense.

122