Chapter 16
2k 6 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look in the mirror, the person was looking at me without expressing such emotion on her face.

Deep purple eyes that could pierce at someone's soul, it was too void that a person might fall for it.

Despite her innocent face what hiding inside of her is nothing but a corrupted soul, jailed at an unstoppable emotion that with a single leak, she will go berserk or suffer an incredible phenomenon.

"Sigh..."

I composed myself, this will be the first time.

The first time I'm going to confront master for real.

I did not expect I will be so attached to young miss, more than I thought it would be.

I readjust my hairband taking a second look at my maid uniform.

"I feel like- I am betraying the person who I called master... Is it okay to do this???"

I shake off my head, I look out the window and saw the purple night in the sky.

At this moment young miss is already asleep.

And at this time, I will also report this to the master.

"I must, this is for those two idiots parent and child..."

With that set in stone, I immediately went to the master.

*

-knock! Knock! Knock!

"Master, this is Jun and came with a report of 'today's young miss daily life with her lovable and adorable Maid.'"

"Come in."

I open the door and peeked at my master who was holding her forehead and sighed in resignment.

"Jun, when will you stop doing that?"

"I will only stop once my master gives me permission to take young miss-hand on marriage."

"Stop joking... That's not even funny."

"I apologize for my words which seem ridiculous."

".... I suddenly have the urge to lock my daughter..."

"But you can't do it master."

"I can."

"You can't even see her how will you lock young miss?"

"......"

"Anyways, here is the list of my young miss's daily cute, stupid, idiotic routine that will make you count your brain cells."

"Stop saying something like my daughter is a complete idiot."

"......as expected of her mother"

"By that, what do you mean?"

Master looked at me with a tick mark on her forehead.

I did not answer her instead started to report everything that happens to my young miss, once I was done, Master permit me to take a rest, however, I did the impossible for a slave to do so.

Master narrowed her eyes looking at me who was now at her side.

I did not look at her and we did not speak for at least a minute.

"Okay, what do you want Jun..."

"Was it necessary to do that?"

Master looks at me in confusion, her eyes were telling me to explain what I mean.

"To not see young miss... Master, it was already, 5 years since you met her..."

"....I don't want to talk about this thing, Jun."

"I'm sorry master, I have the position to do so."

"Oh? Enough to disobey me?"

"Yes, it is for the well-being of my young miss as well as wanting to know what is inside of your head because your action is so stupid that I wonder if you really are my master who is smart, strong, witty, and brave."

The atmosphere turn silent it was not good, and as if the surroundings turn into an ice field that will give you sheer cold, Master slam her hand and glared at me.

"Are you telling me what I am doing is wrong? That I am a pathetic mother?"

"Your words cut deep through, master, however, it does not imply to me but to you, you are aware of it but you're turning a blind eye."

"....."

I exhale internally as I was trembling because of my master pressure, I felt like my limbs would give up but I still persevere.

"Jun... You don't understand anything."

"Of course, I won't understand how stupid your decision was, master."

"Jun! Enough!!!"

"However, I understand the loneliness that my young miss experiencing... More than anyone here in this place..."

"...."

I knew it, the master knows it also but she did not do anything, she was running away.

"Master, Young miss wanted to see you..."

"I am giving her wealth and a life that some others don't have."

"Yes, I must admit, it was true however wealth or the rich life that my young miss is nothing without the love of her parents... That trash is already a no-go, father, I don't want my master to turn into that as well."

Master looked down stubbornly not admitting anything.

Sigh...

"Is it because if you get close to young miss, the Octavia, Berdandi, and the Corazon family would make a move and will attempt a massive assassination towards young miss?"

As I finish this, Master stiffen.

Hmm~ as I thought.

"Master, you are strong, strong enough to shake the whole famous family, and that Corazon family is not of six lords yet you won't do anything.

Yes, I must admit, they are the main head or a king in the underworld... Young miss is literally like a hostage to them..."

"Jun...."

"But master, you are scared to lose young miss, your daughter... Have you forgotten that Miss Loweiss and I are with her?"

"Sigh...."

"Master please calm down and think again, you aren't like this, where was the person who is arrogant on that day who I met, who bought me?

I only see a person who is pathetically running away right now... You did not look behind to see your daughter getting far away as you run."

"I know... I know Jun, but if I take care of my daughter..."

"Master, again... I am with the young miss and Ms loweiss as well also, the three who are now my subordinates are doing well enough to gather information and such, don't look down on us and do what a mother should do."

"......"

Master bit her lips with hesitation in her eyes, I must push further...

"Master, have you never thought of them making young miss a victim and turn against you?

" what do you mean?"

"Reverse psychology, master, they might use young miss feeling to turn against you, hate you, loath you to the point hating her genes because you are her daughter."

"That's..."

"Impossible? Master, I just said it, once I said it the possibility is not zero, also, the fact that she doesn't feel like there's a family that wants her might be used against her. Manipulating her until she turns into a disposable puppet."

"Do you think I will let that happen?!"

"I know you won't master, but they will manage to do so..."

"I won't let that happen!"

"But you are, completely abandoning your obligation, your responsibility as a parent, as a mother of your daughter who you should take care of, loving her and bonding with her... Yet here you are master, locking yourself doing paperwork just to run away from it; fearing your enemy that they might touch your daughter once you two get close."

"...."

Master looked down but I knew I manage to convince her but not enough, this is for my young miss' sake, I want to make her feelings bloom into beautiful flowers free from the negative feelings lurking in her surroundings.

"Master, wealth is pointless without young miss's parents being with her, at least her mother should be there... I know the feeling of not having a parent, master, I don't want to see my young miss completely believing she doesn't have parents when she has one, I don't want my young miss to look at other children with their parents happily playing each other feeling envious, I don't want my young miss to turn into an arrogant idiot who only has her wealth and will get anything using money."

I stop for a moment and continue.

"I don't want to see my young miss believing that the money she was getting is the thing that makes her happy, blindingly believing that money is the only thing that could make her happy. I must admit master, I am now greatly attached to young miss that's why I am acting this way."

"Was I... Not a good parent?"

"Master, that question was already answered from what I said, however, I know you are questioning yourself and not me, that fact is enough that you are a good parent."

"I can't believe that a child is saying this to me..."

"I can't believe my master is so stupid, no an idiot when it comes to parenting."

"Should I appoint you on killing hundreds of voids just like the others?"

"Gasp! Master! You're ordering a child to do that? That's child abuse!"

"Shut it! You're abnormal!"

"Touché"

"Go, go, I have enough of seeing you..."

"Master before I go."

"Sigh... What is it?"

"After everything I said, are you now accepting me as your daughter-in-law?"

"No."

"I see, not yet huh..."

"I don't think I permit you to take my daughter in the hand of marriage."

"But master you did not deny allowing me to have a relationship with young miss, nor rejecting me marrying your daughter, you just take it as a joke."

"..."

"Thank you, master, I will not betray you nor hurt your daughter!"

With that, I instantly run away before master could slam her fist on my head.

***

Seriously that brat...

"Sigh..."

"She got you there huh? Fufu."

"Shut up, Cynthia."

"So, Lyn, how does it feel to be slapped back to reality by a child."

"Ugh..."

"Fufu, she also teases you about this marriage."

'I don't think she is kidding, despite that tease, there is a part of her that is serious, however, it seems she does not realize this.'

"Hmmph, it is not my decision, I'll let my daughter decide if she wants to go into that relationship or not."

'I wonder how big she is now...'

"Then, Jun was right, you are fine with letting your daughter with her."

"No! I can feel it, Charlotte would experience a resignation in her life being with her..."

As I said that, I shivered to see my daughter getting bullied by that Jun wearing sheep's clothes.

"E-eh..."

"I am saying this base on experience."

"Then, that's good."

Cynthia tilts her head and say this which gives me a surprise and couldn't help but say-

"What do you me-"

"Ah, here's your coffee, I know it was already night but you're probably going to stay awake due to this paperwork."

"...Thanks, As I thought you had here is great."

"Fufufu, thank you, Lyn."

"Hm~"

71