Book 7 – Ascension of the Dragon Prince (1)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Plot: The book begins with Percival communicating urgently with numerous captains in the guild as he tries to use all his resources to calm the crazy player base and deal with the numerous attacks from the affiliated god churches and their zealous followers across the continent. Particularly highlighted are the numerous ghost ships attacking the bay of commerce via Cain’s delusion via the God of Death, the holy crusade between conflicted church groups, and the frenzy of the panicking player base. Percival proceeds to delegate tasks to the pillars raised in the previous books. At the end of the commotion, Percival sighs and asks one of his lieutenants what the condition of the elven king’s disciple and Adrianne and he tells them that Novus is currently working on Adrianne, but the elven king disciple is still in a frenzy whenever provoked like the other player apostles. The scene cuts midway through to Novus trying to awaken Adrianne but is attacked by the rampaging destruction energy running through her body and is unable to get to the core of her soul where the backlash is occurring. The scene finally cuts to the inside of Adrianne’s world where she is awoken by the voice of a floating black destructive flame.

 

Plot: The flame communicates with Adrianne and introduces himself as the original God of Destruction of Angrea. Confused, Adrianne questions the black flame, only for the black flame to reveal that a hostile presence outside of Angrea has taken over the rest of the Origin God of Destruction to consume the world and gain the weapon of Gilgamesh. The Destruction flame finishes the bomb drop by saying that it was with her that the remnant essence piece of the god of destruction fused with when she originally logged into the game and was only able to awaken once more when the origin key of destruction was granted to Adrianne. After finishing all the speech on the past, the flame says that the rampaging flames are because the invaded god of destruction is attempting to control her destruction flames, however, the flame fades and says to Adrianne that the flames were always hers and merges into her. Suddenly, on the outside, Novus watches as the flames around Adrianne begin to lose their purple tint and rapidly darken to a pure white flame. Opening her eyes, she scares Novus and proceeds to assure him that she is fine, but that they have work to do so he can not waste time.

 

Plot: While in the prison, Adrianne is seen breaking the connection between the elven king’s disciple with the goddess of the moon and although weakened, his mind returns wearily. It isn’t long until Novus rushes alongside Adrianne out of the prison at the ominous words of the elven king’s disciple to rush to the city of Gladio, where a holy crusade is taking place against devout believers. Novus, Adrianne, and more head to the city of Gladio where the main pantheon gathering was and the area of most intense conflict, while Novus explains that the behemoth is busy guarding the south coast in case the leviathan pops up again. Novus arrives at the city and gets flashbacks to the previous world’s war, but steels himself as he begins to head to the main pantheon to defeat the church leaders of the opposing area through Adrianne’s purifying flames.

 

Plot: Novus and co. break through the layers of battlefields that are all over the city and arrive before the main church pantheon where the Galahad is seen trying to exit but comes under the attack of the numerous creation believer’s attacks. It isn’t until Novus pierces through the shield that he is able to bring Adrianne to purify the destruction church leader’s connection and crash the ship into the nearby ocean waters.

 

Plot: Novus rescues the mentally imprisoned captain of the Galahad and realizes that there are ghost ships approaching off the coast to try and take over the cities. Novus senses a familiar aura and uses the power of the black turtle’s control over water to submerge the ships but watch in grief as they simply rise again from beneath the surface. The Black Turtle says Novus must use his swords to purify the ships, but Novus realizes that time isn’t on his side as he must find the origin of the unending energy that supplies the ships instead. The captain of the Galahad says that he can get the Galahad repaired temporarily, but that any more excessive firepower will sink the ship for good. Novus tells the captain to do it, and the captain manages to use his own abilities to get the Galahad moving in the air and past the fleets of ghost ships.

 

Plot: It isn’t long before Novus can see the prized Ghost Ship among the fleets as Cain is seen fighting against an imprisoned Hercules who failed in his attempt to subdue Cain, his own brother. Cain’s delusion of being better than his older brother who was able to quell everything for him is fully grasped by the God of Death who has given him enough power to defeat Hercules who is getting stronger with each fight against Cain. However, Cain can’t bring himself to kill Hercules and wishes to continually triumph over him as the ultimate victory. Cain realizes that he senses the presence of the only other thing keeping him from supposedly reining supreme in this world and tells all the ships around to fire the magic cannons at the Galahad. A smile spreads across Cain’s face as he sees the shields of the Galahad crumble but wipes the smirk of his face as the ship tumbles towards his prized ship. Activating an ability, the ship switches place with another ship nearby and Cain welcomes Novus to the deck.

 

Plot: Novus battles against Cain while Adrianne purifies the nearby main followers that have been walking on a tightwire to go against their consciousness for some and killing off the eviller intention ones. The final strike isn’t Novus’ though as the battle is handed off to a weakened Hercules who must take his own brother’s life. Cain’s last moments include a monologue that both condemns and thanks Hercules as a brother for killing him and perishing his chances of ever living a fulfilling life and therefore taking away Hercules own immaculate life. Hercules closes Cain’s eyes with great difficulty and asks Novus to render his body to ashes and spread it in the water of the crumbling ships.

 

Plot: Having won the war, the god of war powers Hercules further and Hercules says that he must vent his emotions with the slaughter of every single follower of the god of destruction. Novus sends Hercules to the City of Scutum where the destruction followers have taken over the city. Having sent Hercules away, Novus assures Adrianne that Hercules will be alright and says that there is one last thing to resolve as he gets a message from Percival. Once transported to the city of Scutum, Hercules is seen looking towards the walls of the city that is conquered by followers of the god of destruction. Hercules looks to the still fresh blood of his brother on his hands and draws two lines along the bottom of his eyes that resemble tears as he heads to the city of scutum. A loud rumbling is heard as Hercules activates a skill called ‘sacrifice of a general’ and directly blows up and crumbles the impregnatable wall of Scutum.

 

Plot: Percival is seen shuffling from side to side as he repeats words to himself to calm him down. Circe comes into the room as she tells Percival that everyone is ready for him but stops when she sees his nervousness. A conversation ensues between them that provides Percival with enough confidence in his growth to finally exit the room towards a large podium. A grand monologue by Percival attempts to communicate to every player and NPC across Angrea, powered by the strength of numerous high-ranking mages and the respective leaders of the world. His legendary speech manages to calm the players around the world and manages to even get the attention of the battling gods above the world. Unable to stand their sides weakening powers due to the alignment of their godly natures being reduced, the god of destruction orders Pandora and the leviathan to kill off Percival.

 

Plot: A pair of dark eyes appear beneath the coast near Yggdrasil and from out of nowhere, a beam is launched towards the city podium containing all the leaders of the world. Of course, the beam only travels so far before Percival smirks and the shield insignia on his back begins to shine and he assumes his divine shield form of El Dorado as he manages to block the ray of light that attempts to kill off the ‘defenseless’ leaders. However, Percival does take damage in the blast and needs to be reinforced by the power of the dragon king who has been taken over by the azure dragon heritage of the ancient dragon king bloodline. It appears all is under control until the concentrated blasts of numerous sea monsters are called forth by the leviathan (the king of the sea) and lay siege against the world tree.

 

Plot: The feed across the continent is cancelled as Novus is seen wishing that Percival can hold on. Meanwhile, a giant shield is seen protecting all of Yggdrasil as Percival coughs a mouthful of blood towards the approaching leviathan and Pandora who laughs at Percival. However, Percival does not cower as he directly summons the spear of El Dorado as well and battles verbally, then physically with Pandora. Pandora continues to belittle Percival as a second in command, but Percival instead proves words with actions as he manages to leave wounds across the leviathan and Pandora. However, Percival is unable to inflict grievous injuries and ends up being severely wounded himself as Pandora begins to belittle his entire existence. It is at this point that Percival finally puts on a relieved smile and displays his jokester side as he grins in satisfaction in telling Pandora that he was just the warmup. Pandora is unable to kill off Percival as he is directly engulfed in a light that fades his being as he secretly travels back towards Titania’s disciple.

 

Plot: It is at that moment that Pandora finally realizes that the sea monsters have been either defeated or sealed off as the roots of Yggdrasil seal off the rest of the ocean behind the leviathan. Finally, with a giant transmission circle that encompasses the entire elven city, a hulking Behemoth covered in array formations appears and roars towards the leviathan which bundles in aggression. Atop both beasts, Pandora, and Novus stare towards each other while they greet each other as ‘old enemies.’ It is at this moment, the battle up above in the stars takes a step up as a grand explosion rocks the very world around them. A comet of purple light and a comet of blue light had collided, and the blue light crashed not too far away into Angrea. Before anything can be said, the imposter God of Destruction appears before Pandora and attempts to take the origin key of fate from her. Meanwhile, the God of Creation reappears and interferes with the transaction as he blows the god of destruction back into the atmosphere. The god of creation brushes past Novus and leaves a message as it rushes into the sky to assault the god of destruction once more after telling Novus that most of the gods have died already.

 

Plot: Briefly checking that the battlefield has been cleared except for Yggdrasil keeping the leviathan from escaping into the sea, Novus tells Pandora that it is time to end things, to which Pandora sadistically jokes that he ‘isn’t going to let her have one more chance to better the world?’. Novus says that the time for such courtesies is long past and with an unleashing of his six-tier soul armor and the crown of eternity on his head, Novus ignites the battle between Pandora and himself while the behemoth and leviathan battle against each other. An ensuing battle of wills and power explodes the area around Yggdrasil as the battle between Pandora and Novus explodes. Meanwhile, in the atmosphere, the god of destruction condemns the god of creation for still fearing for the safety of the trivial humans when it could just recreate them after they have died. The God of Creation explains that the resilience of the current humans and especially players is something that even the gods could learn from. At this moment, the final battle between the Sun God and Moon God coalesces into the gods of destruction and creation and the two become the sole representation of the gods of Angrea.

0