Book 7 – Ascension of the Dragon Prince (2) + Epilogue
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Plot: The battle is intense as the increased powers of Pandora from the massacre of many and the strengthening of the god of destruction is enough to put her at a slight enough advantage against Novus. Meanwhile, the battle between leviathan and Behemoth is even steven. It isn’t until the two clash in a massive surge of powerful skills that the two have a lull in battle that Novus explains that he must really thank the prime soul predator for showing him the complete technique and Pandora mocks Novus for false bravado. However, in the next moment, Novus summons his most trusted partner, Mino, and Pandora watches as Mino eats the crown of eternity. A wave of absorption is seen as Mino begins to transform into a beetle with a small black crown fused into its forehead while Novus battles off an attacking Pandora.

 

Plot: Having managed to fend off Pandora long enough for Mino to absorb the crown of eternity, Novus is finally able to use Mino’s powers without the interference of the arrogant crown and fully form his seven tier- Soul Emperor form that completely resembles a black Victorian armor set like Edna’s armor set. This enables Novus the full power enough to overpower Pandora in a final battle against each other. It is at this point that Novus forces the origin key of fate from Pandora and beats her away to the ground. This enough to even threaten the Leviathan as Novus manages to mortally wound it and the situation looks as if Novus can kill off both threats by himself.

 

Plot: In the atmosphere, the gods of creation and destruction feel the spike of power that is capable of minorly threatening even them and the god of destruction locks onto an empowered Novus as Novus too looks at him and provokes the god of destruction. Flustered, the god of destruction decides that it is necessary to kill off him in any way possible and briefly attacks the god of creation and rushes towards the defending Novus. Novus is knocked away in the clash one-sidedly and a rushing god of destruction is about to kill Novus soon after, but a phasing God of Creation used the origin key of space to switch places with Novus as he stabs his full power attack into the crazed god of destruction while the god of destruction launches his full power into the god of creation

 

Plot: Novus watches in partial shock as the god of creation has his hand pulled out by the god of destruction who starts to speak deranged nonsense about being killed again, but then switches to cackling with laughter as it psychotically spouts out to the god of creation that its final stand was all for nothing as it will just rewind the wound with the origin key of time. However, the god of destruction starts to panic as it realizes the key is in the hands of the god of creation and the god of destruction watches as it is gradually killed off and lands on the ground in a plume of dust. An amazed Novus is wholly focused on the god of destruction as he is spoken to by the god of creation that all is well that ends well. However, midway through the sentence, Novus gets a chill that runs along his skin and tries to look around before hearing a sentence that spooks him. “I’ve always longed for true freedom.’

 

Plot: The perspective of Pandora is switched to as she is rewinded back to the point in time where she is ripped apart from the origin key of fate and is beaten to the ground by Novus. The pain and dreams of her own making are flashing before her in her final moments before death and Pandora realizes that she doesn’t wish to die like this. It is at that exact moment that a figure like pure darkness appears before her and she sees the corpse of the god of destruction impact on the ground. Crawling towards it through the dust that assaults her eyes, Pandora arrives before the body of the god of destruction and begins to activate the reciprocal of her power: taking away the power of someone that has given something to her. It isn’t long before a voice speaks deep within her that asks if she would like true freedom and Pandora’s answer is to use Gula’s power to swallow the body whole.

 

Plot: In a raging battle still going on between the behemoth and the leviathan, the behemoth manages to capitalize on the weakness of the leviathan (due to Novus wounding it) and tears apart the main head from the rest of the leviathan body, however, at the same time, the leviathan bears vicious fangs that pierce into the behemoth’s neck and thus, they both end in mutual destruction. Soon after their death, the forms of the behemoth and leviathan both turn into mysterious lights that begin to form the odd shape of ancient doors with six key slots embedded in the doorframe.

 

Plot: A resounding dark strike that slices apart the thin line of the skin on Novus’ cheek, alerts Novus to the gradually rising form of Pandora that is being wreathed by purple flames and gradually turning very familiar to the god of destruction. Novus clicks his teeth and applauds Pandora for her resilience, but Pandora merely speaks of her intentions to true freedom and tells Novus one last time for him to simply let her go as she has already accomplished the amount of power necessary to let her explore outside in the universe outside Angrea. However, Novus rejects her attempt at fleeing the world and forces Pandora on the offensive as she says she must simply kill him then first. However, the wounded god of creation instead pushes Novus away as he clashes with a renewed god of destruction AKA Pandora and tells Novus to open the doors to Gilgamesh instead as he gives Novus the remaining origin keys. Novus conflictedly leaves Pandora to the god of creation as he flees with a screaming Pandora trying to rush past the god of creation.

 

Plot: Rushing in the direction that the god of creation pushed him to for assumedly a reason, Novus finds the locked door of Gilgamesh and brings out all six origin keys and they magically transform into key forms that begin to insert themselves into the door of Gilgamesh. A clear bell sounds out as the door opens and pulls Novus inside. Transported inside, Novus finds himself atop a field with a singular tree at the very top and mountains of trees and fields all around him. Laying underneath the tree, Novus hazily wakes up and is shocked as he is greeted by Edna. “You finally woke up! I thought you were going to sleep all day.” However, Novus is visibly confused and broken up by the sight of Edna as he questions without intention “how??” Edna laughs and tells Novus that he has exceeded her expectations and suddenly turns solemn as she hugs Novus for one truly final time. She explains that Gilgamesh has a chance of directly killing Novus after its use and that she doesn’t want to see him end up here like her. Edna continues that what powers Gilgamesh is the cycle of rebirth in the world of Angrea and that it uses the will of the world to eliminate the gods that later inhabited it. However, Novus releases Edna from her hug and takes her hand. With tears running down his face all he has to say is “Sorry” for Edna to sigh and have tears well in her eyes as she wishes farewell to Novus. It isn’t long before the world around Novus begins to disappear into wisps of light and Edna tells Novus that he is family one last time and Novus tells her that too as the lights fade along her body.

 

Plot: The god of creation is forced back as the destructive flames around him are quenched briefly before a blade of destructive flames stab into him and force him against the ground. A mouthful of white blood is coughed out and incinerated by the destructive flames as Pandora looks upwards towards the floating doors that hold the ancient weapon Gilgamesh. It is at this moment that the god of creation tells Pandora that she won’t win against Novus. The blade is stepped deeper into the god of creation as his body is gradually wreathed in destructive flames and out steps the figure of Novus who looks below to Pandora as the door quietly turns into a six-sided die with numerous colors representing the six origins of Angrea. The creation god laughs as his final words are “What kind of apostle lets their god die? Really, you’re too cruel. Don’t say I never did anything for you, Novus.” The final essence of the creation god comes over to Novus and restores his beaten condition to prime and Novus throws up the ancient weapon, Gilgamesh into the air as it lands on one signalling the start of the brutal battle between Novus and Pandora.

 

Plot: With the dice landing on the one spot, Novus is wreathed in the power of Zeus’ lightning as Novus manages to conflict head on with Pandora in a battle of brute strength and with the horned ape king helping him in armor form. Gradual comments are dropped by Novus and Pandora as their battle reveals their final commitment to killing each other. Next, Novus uses the strings of fate in his eyes to reveal Pandora’s moves using the help of Favur. Next, Novus uses the power of the origin key of destruction and the help of his two swords to cut through Pandora’s ‘fake’ destruction flames. Next, using the power of creation with the vine monarch soul partner, Novus directly begins to quench the flames surrounding Pandora. Soon after, Novus uses the power of space to restrict a fleeing Pandora into trapping her into an endless watery mirror space using the power of black turtle. Finally, using the power of time with the double headed ouroboros, Aeon, Pandora is restricted from regenerating from Novus’ inflicted wounds. This leaves Pandora powerless, and Novus and Pandora can finally talk.

 

Plot: Finally, facing a powerless Pandora, Novus can talk with her about all the people who now rely on him to defeat her. The scene flashes through the various players and NPCs who are all looking towards the top of the continent towards the pillar of light that is shining towards the sky from a Novus that commands the will of the world. Pandora hopelessly tells Novus to do what he obviously must as she finally accepts the thought of death. However, with his sword pointed at Pandora he tells her that life is meant for living however you please and that across the countless cycles of reincarnation that she has undergone that there are still countless more freedoms for her to experience. Pandora, closing her eyes in thought plunges herself into Novus’ sword as she takes her own life, and the will of the world carries her soul into the hovering dice as it begins to rapidly spin and disappear before Novus’ eyes. However, things aren’t finished yet as Novus begins to rise in the air along the pillar of light and arrives in view of the entire world of Angrea. With a snap of his fingers, a blinding flash is seen that blinds everyone on the world of Angrea.

 

Plot: The narrative splits as Percival is seen in the boundless white space with a calm Novus that is in a black suit while sipping tea. In a separate space, Adrianne is seen experiencing the same thing as if Novus is everywhere at once. Quietly gesturing for them to sit and have some tea, Percival reacts calmly while Adrianne reacts with shock and demands answers while standing. Novus explains that he never exactly enjoyed tea, but the space became his after his predecessor died. He continues before both can speak as he says that Pandora is dead and will not be able to revive again but will rather be fractured throughout her reincarnations so she can never regain a great power and that it is all done through the will of the world which Novus has apparently become an apostle for after all the gods of Angrea were killed. Having become Angrea’s protector, Novus must ask them one difficult question. He repeats that if he could, he would rather make the choice selfishly for himself but respects the two of them too much to decide for himself. Novus asks them bluntly “Will you stay in Angrea, or will you return to your own world?”

 

Plot: An older Adrianne is seen rushing her two kids out of the street and into a small noodle restaurant as a trailing Sherlock brings out their newborn from the car. As the duo make it into the restaurant, the clanging of pots and pans are heard as a flour-dusted Percival shuffles out the back and welcomes the whole family. As Percival is welcoming the family, a dashing figure of Hercules in casual clothing stirs up the party as he tells his security guards to ‘make themselves scarce’. Soon after, Percival explains that the elven king’s disciple and titania’s disciple couldn’t make it as they are catching poachers out in the prairie lands. Each character retains their unique charm as Percival has tattoos of a shield and spear on his body as the kids tug on his clothing. The two kids of Adrianne reveal traits as the youngest girl analyzes the people around her while being told by her mom to stop analyzing and the oldest boy is ready to explore everything everywhere there are flames. As the adults chat around, the two eldest kids of Adrianne and Sherlock get distracted by a flying newspaper with a title containing “Pathway to Godhood” in the title which the youngest girl recognizes from their parents talking about. That newspaper leads them outside and ominously into an alleyway. It isn’t until they are grabbed that they stop what they are doing. Meanwhile, a door chime rings out as the group looks towards a figure holding both kids by their legs with both kids giggling to put them down. With a plop, the kids pounce into the wide embrace of a man in a big sweatshirt and pants that is called “Uncle Novus” and a peace returns to the space as the group complains to Novus for being late and him saying “Dimension Travelling sometimes takes longer than I think. But I’m here for the family dinner!” Behind him, more kids come in as Goibhniu and Circe also come in with their two young kids, Ultio, and Neipas. Novus mentions that some of the other extended family is busy back in his hometown with various matters. The cute scene of the young kids pulling on Favur’s fur and stroking Aeon’s scales, with a small monkey hanging from the ceiling kudzu vines that shake the monkey off and almost land it in the water tank with a small turtle floating in. Meanwhile, a flustered Percival chases after a munching flying black beetle that flies away to Novus’ head completes the scene as all the main gang is there.

0