3 – Waking up in space
6k 18 179
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to freezing coldness.

 

It was dark and cold. Where is this place? I opened my eyes and looked around, only to find a veritable ocean of stars before me. It was my first time seeing such an amazingly grand starry sky. There were bright and dim stars, a colorful nebula and an asteroid field which seemed surprisingly close by.

 

What the hell?!

 

Asteroids, which looked like a bunch of scattered floating rocky debris, were practically right before my very eyes. The heck! I’m sure there’s no place on Earth where you can actually see these things from this up close. It’s quite common to see this type of scenery in games and movies though. But it’s absolutely impossible to see them from a distance which made them visible to the naked eye for real. More importantly my house didn't have such a big window.

 

The bone piercing coldness just felt way too real. The feeling of being lightheaded right after waking up and this rising sense of uneasiness also seemed eerily real.

 

Because I was suddenly thrown into an unknown situation, I was close to having a panic attack, but my eyes gradually got used to the darkness.

 

A familiar interface came before my eyes. Yeah, this room… No, this cockpit was really familiar. This was… just to confirm…

 

I operated the touch panel interface of the ship’s controls and brought the life support systems online. Warm air soon permeated throughout the cockpit. And lights were turned on. There was no doubt. I'm back on the Avalanche. The ship I designed.

 

“Ano, ojou-sama?”

 

There was a low, clear woman’s voice that seemed a little frightened.

 

“Yes,…? Hnn? Oh, what?”

 

I give a half-sleep reply due to my sleepy head but suddenly I noticed that my voice changed. This wasn’t my own voice. What’s more the woman….

 

“Ah, good. You seem to be safe.”

 

Such voice shook my eardrum but it did not echo that much on my head.

 

In front of me, there was Alisha, the character I made. Alisha has a space oni type body and among all the crew on board, she has the highest combat ability and is appointed as my bodyguard. That isn’t the problem, though. The reason I’m speechless is that Alisha was breathing a sigh of relief expressively like a real human.

 

 

“You were sleeping. I’m sorry for startling you.”

 

Alisha issued such a word to me who instantly blinked her eyes in surprise.

 

“Eh? Eh? Did they update to a new version? When did they….no. What’s this advanced feature… I remember that I didn’t fall asleep in game. But… still…”

 

To me who’s in the midst of confusion, Alisha lowered her head. In any case, characters in Fraxinus online have basically no change in facial expression. The only character that can do it is the one prepared by the game company as a side event character.

 

Even the dialog, it should only be able to speak until the player met a certain condition.

 

“… I’m sorry, ojou-sama. Please excuse me who is ignorant …but what is an update?”

 

“It talked again…”

 

“Ah, I, I’m sorry! I did not notice that you wished for me to not speak without permission…”

 

It got afraid and raised its voice… No way, that’s stupid…

 

What the hell is going on? For starters, I looked at my own appearance. A beautiful cat loli dressed in mecha gear that also resembles something from ancient egypt. This boss was supposed to be a powerful Queen so I made a mix of ancient and modern. I touch my face and body numerous times. The feeling is real and the skin's softness is gorgeous. All this stimulus… it has to be real. I’m not dreaming. I turned my head over and Alisha was making a weird facial expression.

 

When Alisha became confused with me, the sliding door to the captain’s room suddenly opened.

 

“Ah, Alisha. Where’s ojou-sama?”

 

It was the dog girl Molly, who was the fifth character that I made.

 

 

Molly is an elegant woman with dog ears and a tail, and is also the mechanic in charge of repairing the ship in case of damage. 

 

“Ah, Molly, help me test something. Ojou-sama, would you please give us your word?”

“E, e~tto, ano, thank you for all your hard work? I mean, I don’t understand the situation that well?――”

 

Before my very face, a proton sword which shined was thrust and pointed at me.

 

“You, are you truly our mistress?”

Both of them looked displeased a little. Should I try acting like the character I scripted?

“Back off, right now!”

In my words alone, a powerful gust of wind was generated that pushed both of them to the other side of the room.

 

“Do you lack oxygen in those brains of yours?”

“That power…”

Power? Oh right. Technically my character, Queen Kizuna Amun Ra, should be almighty.

 

“Ah, I, I’m sorry ojou-sama. Your behavior made me suspicious. It will never happen again…”

 

Both of them started to panic and bowed before me.

 

"No, it’s fine. Alright, you two sit there."

 

I talked to Molly who is trying to leave the room and Alisha who is trying to lower her head again.

Somehow, the two of them were hardened by my words. They are sitting side by side with a tightened expression.

 

I looked at two people who were very nervous, and think with my calm head why are they scared.

 

No, in the first place, why do the characters that I created are taking the kind of attitude as fearing me?

 

There is no such setting in character creation. Although that was a back setting that I would like, these two are people who attack powerful opponents on their own.

 

While I was twisting my head with my inner mind, I opened my mouth as I look at the two who are stretched like sticks.

 

"I would like to ask questions to the two of you, is it okay?"

 

"Yes, yes!" (X2)

 

As I ask these two, they nod their head many times while putting an eyebrow.

 

"Can you say your name, your age, and your race?"

 

When they heard it, they looked at each other, stopped, and turned around to me again.

 

"Alisha, 20 years old, stellar oni."

 

"Molly, age 25, dark demi-wolf."

 

"Hmm, an estimated template? Then let’s hear your hobbies."

 

When I asked them, they rounded their eyes and blinked.

 

It likely won’t be answered. Because I didn't write any. Amongst the wall of text I included for them there are traits like absolute loyalty, self-sacrificing spirit, and race characteristics, but no hobbies were set.

 

When I was watching the two of them who are puzzled, I was convinced with my victory. However, they opened their mouths with a fearful attitude.

 

"Wah, I….Ah, I like to make and eat sweet things…" (Alisha)

 

"…Nn?"

 

"Ah, I, I’m delighted that I could talk about it with, ojou-sama."

 

"In my case… I like doing gun maintenance and cleaning. It's relaxing compared to working on the ship." (Molly)

 

Seeing two squawking women, I felt a cold sweat flow on my cheek.

 

No matter what you think, it doesn’t seem like a programmed answer.

 

I can even see the minor changes in their facial expression as they blush slightly….. No, wait a minute.

 

I lowered my eyes while glancing at the two of them sideways.

 

Yes, I only have to logout once.

 

"Logout!"

 

However, there is no change even with the key word. No, I was already feeling this even before I tried to logout. Even if I try swiping in the air, the controller won't appear.

 

Those two are looking at me with a dubious face. That unpleasant premonition spreads further within my heart.

 

"You two. Go tell everyone on board to come over here. That's an order!"

 

"Yes!!" (X2)

 

They quickly left me alone. I need to gather my thoughts.

179