38 – Settling in
2k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lot of time passes after that. Honestly everyone's jaw dropped when I restored my palace with the click of a button. But the gold cost was pretty big. Thank goodness that I put so much gold in the treasury.

 

And of course, afterwards there were tasks that needed to be done. Mostly making people of this planet accept me as their rightful ruler. Well, persuading them wasn't that hard. I did give a global transmission and I must say my speech was brilliant.

 

“Here me, all! My name is Kizuna Amun Ra. And I am the rightful ruler of this planet and the solar system. You all have lost your way. Under my absence you lost the way of life you once had. But that is over now. A new era is at hand.

 

I won’t hurt you with no reason. I will take care of you and under my rule, this place will reach greatness. Everyone resents you, everyone sees you as filth, but I see you as flowers that haven’t bloomed yet. Submit to me and I shall make you bloom. Betray me and I shall burn you to ash. Behold!”

At that moment I tugged on a leash. And from the shadows, like a dog in heat, Ingrid came crawling at my feet.

“Ingrid von Hollsen has already submitted to me. I am the supreme one. Get that through your heads. The colosseum is disbanded starting from today. If you have families and wish to return to them, you shall be allowed to do so. If you have nowhere to go, I welcome you with open arms.

 

But note that you will follow my law. I shall lead you to an era of prosperity!!”

I’ll be honest, Lisa was the  one that wrote my speech, but it turned out pretty well. People were skeptical, but having Ingrid on a leash quickly made everyone bow their heads. At least at a first glance. Politics are not my things, but judging from how things go on Earth, I doubt everyone will accept me from the get go.

Speaking off laws… Managing a planet was a chore. But thanks to my subordinates, the load became easier for me. I put each of them in charge with various tasks.

 

Bayek was in charge of our military force and public order. He is a genius that can wield any weapon and cause serious damage. I made some new laws and he also had to enforce them. Honestly, the laws that Ingrid established became obsolete. And I just couldn’t use the Vanderbach Federation’s laws either. 

 

For example ‘stealing is punished with a fight in the arena’. What can I say? Me and the girls had our work cut out to actually make a decent law system. Bayek will train all the military and enforce my laws. This place really needs some order and some common sense. Speaking of military, later I should start working on equipment such as sand submarines, mechanical crawlers and everything else needed for a proper army in this generation.

 

Then I Misha, the expressionless maid, handle the farming. The last thing I wanted was for my people to starve. We are in the middle of the desert, but water mines are present and once the system is properly implemented, the fields will become quite potent for growing crops. Misha volunteered herself for this task, by the way.

 

Lisa’s duty was catching flies. Well, not regular flies. And no, I’m not talking about her drones either. The spy type of fly. Her drones have a stealth mode so letting her handle the security around the palace makes sense.

 

Stella and Rose were in charge of hiring some staff for the palace. I only made one request. All staff must be female. Maids, cooks, everything that’s needed, only girls. I let them take care of the rest of the details, as there were many who applied. They wanted to get on my good side. 

 

We were all working hard. Ingrid also chipped in, and thanks to her former authority things went on pretty well. Hopefully given time, this place will be able to manage itself even without me. The last thing I need is a repeat and the system falling again.

At this point, I must say, this isn’t really the life I imagined. Being reincarnated into a fantasy world usually means having fun. But I guess with great power comes great responsibility. For starters, there was no way I could leave the planet and palace I spent so many hours designing in such a state. I brought that upon myself.

 

Also it’s not like I have anything against my subordinates wishes. They wanted to see me in my full glory as the ruler I was meant to be. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. I’ll just try living this life as best as I can? Who knows, eventually I might get to be lazy all day, enjoy beautiful girls and a luxurious lifestyle. Yeah. Let’s cheer up. This is just a wall I need to crush towards the end goal.

 

------

 

The Ascelpio star system is a flourishing place sporting two residential planets, three active technological research colonies, and one commercial trade colony. 

 

It doesn’t have an expansive asteroid belt area, but it mainly obtains wealth through the export of their high tech products and component parts. Thus, it’s a common sight to see a large number of mercantile ships coming and going to and from the system.

 

And, of course, opportunistic pirate groups aiming for said ships are also fairly common.

And also this is also the main headquarters for the Vanderbach Federation. On a large war ship, the captain sat in his cockpit scratching his beard. He was an old man probably in his 60’s with a jiggly belly, and given his white beard and hair, you could say he was Santa Claus. Except he wore an extravagant white uniform decorated with many medals.

“Sir, I have brought the report.”

The officer got close and handed out a tablet to the captain. This man was Commander Kurt Gizelheir. Not only was he a veteran captain, he was a key figure in the Vanderbach Empire.

“So no word from Ingrid at all. What could have happened? Did that battle maniac forget to send the taxes? No. That can’t be. I’m sure something happened on that desolate planet. She’s also not responding to her communicator. This is weird, indeed.”

Kurt was in charge of Ingrid. He gave her free rain on Eleanor as long as the taxes were paid. And for some time now, the payment wasn’t made. Even if Ingrid is probably the strongest warrior, she always showed respect to Kurt, and never missed a payment.

“Should we try sending a representative there to see what’s going on?”

“Cadet, before bringing this report to me, did you fully read it?”

“Err. No. I thought it wasn’t meant for my eyes.”

“Take a look at the last paragraph.”

The commander handed the tablet back to the young officer. He took a look and started scrolling through the paragraph pointed out.

“This… is…???”

“Exactly. Ships belonging to the Breeder Queen have been spotted in that area. The last thing we want is to meet with that creature. I’d have to be crazy to send someone there knowing this. For now, we won’t make a fuss and report this.”

“Understood, sir!”

The Breeder Queen… is definitely someone you should never cross, not even in your worst nightmare. Ingrid… maybe if you do manage to meet her, you’ll find the challenge that you were always looking for… but that will probably be at the cost of your own life.

67