42 – Dawn of war
1.5k 1 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Warning: A fleet of battle cruisers are stationed at the outskirts of the planet]

A virtual A.I. was issuing a distress signal. How long did it pass until Osa and Mirin came to warn us? Exactly one week. In one week I had to push my brain to its limits in order to come up with some sort of plan. But I’m confident. I once faced a breeder army in game. Well more specifically it was a guild war event. 

 

But between all my knowledge and subordinates, I am confident I can win this.

“Molly, is that thing ready?”

“Sorry, ojou-sama, but I am a mechanic. Not a bioengineer. This shit is complicated. I need more time.”

“So be it. But try to hurry.”

In the meantime, the A.I. once again flashed.

[Transmission detected: patching the video call through]

A breeder woman was in full view.

“Rejoice, people of this planet. For you have been selected to give your lives to a great cause. The expansions and evolution of the Breeders. My name is Melia and I extend this hand to you in Her Majesty’s name.

Submit to us willingly. If you do, we will spare your lives and only harvest your fluids on a daily basis. And this planet shall be turned into a breeder colony. Refuse, and this planet shall be exterminated.”

“Hmph. My name is Kizuna Amun Ra. I am the ruler of this planet. You expect me to cower in fear against bugs? Think again. I’ll give you a chance. Turn around and I will spare your lives.”

“Hahahaha!! I see. So your choice is death. So be it! It’s the way we prefer to do things after all.”

[Signal Lost]

After that the transmission was cut abruptly. Well I wasn’t expecting a more polite reply anyway. But at the same time…

 

[You have 1 new message]

Hou? Now this is interesting. It’s a coded message but a rather simple code. Like morse code. And its contents are really interesting. If what is written here is true then this can work to my advantage.

------

 

~Aboard one of the Breeders star ships~

 

"Hey bro, you saw that chick from block 2C? She's a real hottie. I'm thinking of asking her out."

 

"The fuck is wrong with your head? That's our cousin."

 

"Eeh? For real? Darn it. Life really is cruel for us."

 

"Tell me about it. You don't even know who you can date anymore. I mean after a certain point, we're all distant cousins or related in some way. It's so fucked up."

 

Two breeders were having quite an awkward conversation. There was an unstated truth among the Breeder faction. Something that nobody dares to say in public due to fear.

 

"It's all the Queen's fault. I mean seriously, we keep going from planet to planet… when was the last time we got a break?"

 

"Yeah. She keeps saying that it's for the future of the species. We've expanded to the point were we are not in danger of extinction anymore. And evolution? I mean come on. No matter who the Queen mates with it will still end up being a breeder. The species isn't evolving at all.

 

We might as well face it. We're just hoping from planet to planet at this point to find someone who can satisfy her lust. That woman thinks with her pussy instead of her brain. And we suffer because of this."

 

Nobody was pleased with the decisions the Queen made. 

 

"My, oh my. You two really should be careful saying such things in public. It would mean death if someone heard you."

 

"Aah! Commander Melia. Forgive us."

 

"It's alright. You're lucky we're on the same mindset."

 

Queen Echidna's big sister, Melia. Even she didn't approve of the way her sister rules. In fact, if it weren't for the Queen's strength, 85% of the breeder population would side with her instead. All the breeders want is to go home to the various colonies they came from. See their families. And actually live a life for themselves.

 

"Anyway, Commander, did you do it?"

 

"Yes. The coded message was transmitted successfully during the video call. It's a shame that lord Nilius turned out so unreliable during the last planet. But, I have high hopes for this next planet.

 

It's said that the Vanderbach Federation's champion is here. Though I am intrigued by the little girl that replied to my video message. She was very confident."

 

"Kuh. I never thought that the day would come when we actually want to lose."

 

The coded message that was sent was basically the general breeder tactics that they use when invading a planet. Together with Melia, a group of breeders are actually trying to do their best so that one day they could lose a battle.

 

If the Queen would suffer a defeat, then overthrowing her would be easy. But so far nobody was a match for Echidna's power. Once she stepped in battle herself the morale of the enemy would suddenly dropped. And because of the energy granted by her rings, there wasn't anyone that could beat in her combat.

 

The only times the breeders actually lost was during space battles, when high grade military ships overwhelmed them and prevented them from landing on planets.

 

But that wasn't enough for the breeders. They needed the Queen herself to lose. And the next planet they had their sights on, Eleanor, didn't have a fleet of ships to intercept them. 

 

That being said, aerial attacks were also impossible due to powerful anti-aerial cannons and weapons at every major landpoint. Even so, sending capsules with the troops in remote areas was still possible. This battle would take place on the planet without a doubt.


"Commander, should we actually have some hope here? Like always, our army will most likely be superior in numbers. I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up just to feel disappointment again."

 

"Have some faith. Deploy the pods with confidence. And prepare the transportation for Echidna-sama. We've done all we can. I have a tingling sensation in my right wing. We will witness something amazing on this planet. I can feel it.

 

Besides, If I am not mistaken lord Nilius's wife that managed to escape is also on this planet. Besides our message, they should also have information from her. You can't get anyone more prepared than this. I actually can only imagine the Queen's face."

 

"Commander, however you realize, that if we win this, the Queen will surely notice our actions and… well…"

 

"She'll take my life. I am fully aware. But it's a price I am willing to pay. Others will rise in my place. But, I feel confident. Enough chit chat. Begin the invasion."

 

"Yes, Commander!"

60