C22 – Cold Hearted Decision
1.5k 16 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what felt like forever, Davron took his finger out of Luna. Their gazes met and both didn’t know what to say.

Luna’s faced turned red, as she comprehended what happened. Although she didn’t know the affairs between men and women, she had guessed that it was something siblings didn’t do.

Davron turned around to let Luna get dressed. As he waited for her, a few thoughts appeared in his head. He had already thought a lot over the years about his feelings towards his family. Having such feelings was a very big taboo in his old world, and in this one it seemed to be even worse. Davron had already decided that he won’t suppress his feelings, however he won’t force them on his sisters, if they wanted someone else he would accept it, no matter how painful it would be.

“..I’m ready” a quiet mutter came behind Davron’s back.

He turned around and looked at his sister, like nothing ever happened.

“Help me clean this mess up” Davron said softly to Luna with a slight smile.

“Mhm”

Once the cleaned everything up, Davron suggested going outside and find their family, which Luna supported wholeheartedly, since it would be her first real stroll outside.

“How are you feeling? Any side effects?”

“I’m feeling great! The weight is gone, my body is … like a feather!” Luna jumped around excitedly, until she remembered she wasn’t alone.

Davron could stop himself from laughing.

As they walked the beaten path, Luna was whizzing left and right. Everything was new to her, and even the simplest ants were more colorful! No one would be able to imagine how hard was Luna’s life was.

Both of them even forgot about today’s incident. Everything was fine, until they heard a loud argument.

“Haha it’s too late, I told my father that you’re gonna be my wives” A familiar voice came from the road up ahead.

“I don’t want to! Never ever will I marry you!” Flora’s angry voice sounded after the man.

Davron and Luna looked at each other. He already had a bad premonition, so he started to run.

On the path stood Ellena and her daughter Flora. Ellena had a white face, while Flora seemed like an erupting volcano. In front of them was Fetter, the village head’s only son, and one of his lackeys.

Ellena was powerless in front of this lustful kid. She had been trying as hard as possible to hide her daughters from the village, and even she herself had always been covered by a headscarf. Who would have known that, a few days ago, Fetter had seen her and Flora fetching water? He had already gone to his father to demand them to be his wife, and the village head even gave him his support.

“Enough with your nonsense. Grab them and let’s go to father!”

Whooosh

Just as Fetter’s lackey was about to move, a knife came flying from behind and drilled itself into his heart.

“Whaas m.A df!” The poor guy could only speak gibberish with blood spraying out of his mouth. With a thomb sound he fell to the ground like a lifeless puppet.

No one noticed Davron sprinting from behind. He punched out and hit Fetter’s face. After getting his face pounced by an unbelievable strength, Fetter lost his balance and fell to his knees.

“Who the fuck allowed you to touch my family?” Davron spit out angrily and kicked Fetter’s face, who couldn’t bring out any resistance.

“Davron stop!” Ellena tried to stop her son, while Flora still couldn’t process that someone was murdered in front her young eyes. Despite murder being prevalent in this world, it was still too much for such a young girl.

Davron didn’t stop, instead he cast a magic circle on his right hand. It didn’t take a second for a fire to appear in his hand. The fire had nothing in common with the one a few years ago, now it was burning like a proud inferno, ready to consume everything and anything.

He grabbed Fetter’s face with his right hand and the fire started to consume this poor guy. He couldn’t scream, since the fire travelled all the way into his lungs. It was burning him from the inside out.

“Dav, what did you do? Why did you kill them?! Do you know what will happen to us now?!” Ellena screamed at her son. It was the first time she saw her cute little son killing someone, especially this ruthlessly.

Davron let the burned face go. The human charcoal fell to the ground lifelessly.

“Of course I know what I did! We both know that there was absolute no way out of this mess! The village head is one of the most powerful instances here, while we are just some commoners with no background!” Davron barked at Ellena angrily, trying to calm down his nerves.

“I’m sorry mom, but there was no way for us anymore, after he saw you.” said Davron softly. He wasn’t an impulsive person, after he understood the situation, he came to the conclusion that it couldn’t be saved anymore.

“But why did you kill them..” Ellena muttered defeated.

He looked into her eyes and said “Because he dared to lay his finger on you”. His voice had no room for backtalk.

Ellen sighed.

Davron looked at his sister, who was still shocked. He didn’t want to let her experience such things, but it was already too late.

“Let’s go home and pack our stuff. Luna is waiting for us on the way” said Davron after he threw the bodies into some bushes.

He grabbed Flora hand and pulled her with her. “Don’t worry, I won’t let anyone lay their hand on you” whispered he in her ear.

Who would have known that after they left, a youth would appear from the bushes? He was the second lackey, who went to the bushes to relieve himself. As he was about to go back to his master, he had witnessed how Davron had cast magic and burned down Fetter. He was no idiot, he waited patiently until Davron left to come out.

Once he came out of the bushed he went to his former young master to search his pockets “Haha you won’t need those coins, I will tell them Davron took all the money haha”

The youth was still amazed seeing his first magic, but it was village head’s problem and not his, maybe he could even get some nice things for the information, hehe.


“Flora, Luna get the most important stuff.. Flora don’t forget the magic books, okay?” Davron reminded his sisters, after they came home.

He and Ellena went to their bedroom, Ellena collected her cloth and took their savings from a hidden floor board.

“Can you please pack my stuff, mom? I’m going to plan our next route in the meanwhile” Davron asked his mother.

“Okay darling” Even though Ellena should be in the leading role, since she was much older and his mother, something made her obey his commands. It felt natural, that her son was the leader, for her. Thinking about how he looked grown up, made her flawless face blush.

Davron walked to his bed and lifted the mattress. There was a paper under the mattress. He took the paper and unfolded it. It was a map, his most valuable possession. Davron bought it one anno ago from a retired adventurer. Although the map wasn’t very detailed, it still had costed Davron a hefty price.

He looked at the surroundings and planned the next route. After 2 minutes, he came up with the next destination.

“Mom” He called out to his mother.

Ellena was still packing their cloths into her hand-made backpack, which was designed by Davron. “Yes, darling?”

“I’ve decided, we will go to the Red Stronghold City”

“Why Red Stronghold City and not a village?”

“Because I want to build up a life worth living. I won’t let us rot in a small village, instead I will try my luck as adventurer.. just like you”

Ellena knew it would be hard to make a good earning as an adventurer, but she trusted her son.

Rumble Rumble

Davron sighed loudly and then called his sisters.

“We need to move now before the storm starts. Let me take some of your luggage.”

Right now he looked like a turtle with the luggage on him, however luckily he was abnormally strong.

“Let’s go”

Rumble Rumble

And so 4 people went out into the dark. You could only see their contours through the thunder now and then. It was remarkable that 3 of them were led by only by one person in the front, as if he was able to see the way despite the storm.

End of the second arc: Youth Arc

A lot of things happened. Now I will start writing chapters again.

49