Side Story #1 – The Apostle of Vengeance (3)
1.2k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Human, you understand that you will pay with your life if this is some sort of joke, don't you...?" The weightful voice of a woman powerfully reverberates through a massive room, one that looks similar to the throne room seen in the [Blue Slime Kingdom].

Unlike in the other kingdom, however, there is a more humanoid slime seated in the throne room in front of the group.

Colored red with a skull floating inside of her glob-like body where you'd expect it to be, the build of the woman on the throne was very clearly female. Maybe before they'd been judging based on the voice alone, now with just appearances it can be seen.

Queen Rayna the Red Slime Tribe Queen

Slime roughly drips from her body, the slime on her head folding and twisting to forge what one can make out as hair or something that looks like it.

"Queen Rayna, I can assure you I've seen it with my own eyes. Queen Dayna requested that I flee with these two." Tsenira, the only surviving human in this realm, is kneeling in front of the Queen with Vulye and the unnamed slime infant at her side. "Queen Dayna told us to come here specifically."

The room has already been magnified red by the sheer bloodlust being unleashed by Queen Rayna. 

Queen Rayna is the first slime to ever evolve into the monstrous [Demon Slime] and single-handedly shifted the balance of power in the world of slimes. There's no telling how many abilities this woman has, but based on pure assumptions one can assume that she hasn't consumed extensive lands like the upcoming adversary.

Queen Rayna speaks after a brief moment of silence, allowing her overwhelming bloodlust to settle down. "My sister passed on her [Blessing] to this child in hopes of her people being able to survive. But, with the threat at hand, all of our races face extinction." Queen Rayna stretches out a string of red slime, wrapping it around the blue slime infant and drawing it to her.

"I haven't the slightest clue what this monster is, but it sounds like it is a slime that evolved into a [Demon Slime] such as myself." Queen Rayna starts to explain, holding the slime infant in one hand. "For it to block a [Gate] means that it has an awareness of the dangers the human world poses. What you call [S-Rank Awakeners] are certain to be a threat to her and even me." Behind her assuring words is a hint of uncertainty. Up until now, the normal humans to achieve that level of power have been slightly disappointing based on the stories she's been told.

"You, Lady Tsenira, will die if you remain here when the time comes." Tsenira tilts her head, the most confusion you'll ever be able to get out of her visibly. "To elaborate a bit further, you humans abide by a system or power that we 'monsters' do not. What you call [Levels] and [Stats] do not exist for us." 

For [Awakeners], the stats of monsters can be displayed or even assumed through their windows. But, many sentient monsters claim that they haven't the slightest clue what this sort of system is. Their powers naturally exist, in a way. They do possess windows of their own that they can use, but they don't show half of the information that [Awakeners] see.

"Unfortunately, Queen Rayna, I have no intentions of backing down now. Even if I can't fight properly, I will still support the battle however well I can." Tsenira had nowhere to go at this time. The [Gate] has been blocked off or destroyed by the [Vengeful Slime], leaving her with no way of escaping even if she wanted to.

Tsenira had one main drive that kept her going, though. Her comrades that'd been consumed by that calamity cannot be allowed to die in vain. She will escape from this place and tell the [Association] about what she's discovered. "How do we raise this child up to become stronger? It has to grow fast, or else we will all face an untimely end."

Queen Rayna wanted to deny this, though she could not. Even with her vast power, there was no guarantee that she could defeat the [Vengeful Slime] that she believed may be responsible for the disappearance of many tribes across their world. "The [Blessing] takes time to manifest. Though my sister had the [Blessing of Righteousness], it never manifested in her fully. She was never able to utilize its power, despite having the potential to surpass even me in power." 

The idea of [Blessings] aren't known to the human world, not widely. Some monsters are bestowed [Blessings] by the deities watching over their plane. These deities are not worshipped or praised, but their existence is acknowledged by monsters, especially of the lesser planes. [Slimes] are an example of monsters on the lesser planes who are fairly simple in the concept of fantasies. Goblins, Slimes, Orcs, all of these monsters are strong but very simple creatures. They cannot even scratch the surface of the horrors awaiting in the [Upper Realms].

"We slimes have always been in the middle of the food chain with the [Lower Realm] monsters. Our potential has allowed us to vary in power. For instance, the monsters in what you call [Dungeons] are led by a [Dungeon Boss], are they not? Well, a [Dungeon Boss] to us monsters are merely elders of the other races. Elders who have surpassed us greatly in power, and a slime has the potential to surpass even that."

Tsenira nods her head, understanding what Queen Rayna was getting at with these implications. 

"You're saying that this child might become something too powerful, aren't you?" Tsenira questions, noticing the somewhat firm grip that Queen Rayna had on the slime infant. "That is exactly what I'm saying," Rayna answers.

"Even if we unleash the power hidden within this child if it loses then that monster will grow to have power unlike any other. Not even the likes of your strongest would be able to handle it, I'd imagine." Queen Rayna's spoken highly of the monster, but she's never actually seen the most powerful human individuals herself. They are likely growing closer and closer to the [Upper Realm], but this isn't an assumption that she'd make. Rather, it is an assumption that Tsenira would make as a person unknowledgeable of the [Realms].

"Lady Tsenira, I will lock you and this child away inside of the Chrono-plane. Time in that plane passes much faster than usual, allowing for unnatural growth. You as a human might not be able to survive inside of it if something goes wrong with your body, but as a slime, this child will undoubtedly grow to the level that it needs to be." Queen Rayna's words and explanations are rushed and abrupt. Tsenira doesn't even have the time to speak before everything goes black.

Queen Rayna is left standing inside the throne room which is practically empty, besides the knight-like red slimes at either side of the room. "In the timeframe of a week, our world is faced with a calamity. That monster won't wait, not while the [Blessing] is in the possession of an infant. She will come for it." 

Rain and thunder begin to pour down off in the distance, far enough away that it might've gone unnoticed by Rayna if not for her dazzling senses. 

The extinction of the [Slime Race] was upon them.

28