CH12: Max EXP
1.8k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Help!” A sunshine fairy yelled as a bird flew off with her in its beak. Stella straddled him while the bright pink-haired sunshine fairy was abducted. The fairy wore a dress made of sparkling reflective material, and a raven snatched her up. After watching her vanish between some trees, he was confident they wouldn’t meet again. Fortunately, it emptied one of his summoning slots.

 

“Well, maybe summoning more of us isn’t a good idea. What did you summon me for exactly? Do you need help returning to normal?”

 

Silas shook his head.

 

“Did you want me to use my fairy magic to transform you into something else at random?” Stella asked.

 

Silas shook his body. Her questions were getting irritating.

 

“I know, owe,” Stella yelled before yanking an ant off her ankle. “Take lasers,” Stella yelled as beams of light blasted from her eyes at a line of marching ants.

 

Summoner lvl2

 

He gained a level in summoner, and all it took was Stella blasting a few ants with her laser beam eyes.

 

“Scary Fairy,” his blue wasp friend said. “Want mate,” she said.

 

“Sorry, I know what happens when one of you is filled with eggs,” Stella said while pointing at his wasp companion.

 

He didn’t think it was that big of a secret, but Stella wasn’t done.

 

“They get fat.”

 

Silas sighed and moved beside his friend. Unfortunately, she was regenerating much slower than Silas’s own rate. He would have already healed completely.

 

He watched Stella wave her hand and lift a pebble without touching it. The only cost was Silas’s mana reserves. It wasn’t a lot, but he noticed the hit. When he leveled up, Stella’s level also increased.

 

“I guess you realized how summoner levels up. Killing monsters alone won’t do a thing; you need me to kill them. Since I’m a brilliant princess, I front-loaded my skills with laser eyes and telekinesis. This is going to be easy.” Silas nodded slowly. 

 

His wasp friend didn’t pay Stella much attention; instead, she dug into the frog, ripping away its flesh a little at a time. As she fed, he could practically see her wings heal in real-time. It wouldn’t be long before she was in full health.

 

“Alright, if you could summon a few more of my sisters, particularly those older than me and next in line for the throne, that would be great.” Unfortunately, Silas wasn’t in the mood and glared at her with his lone eye.

 

“Fine, we can discuss it after you gain the summon communion trait at level 10.” Stella blinked, looked down at me, then pulled at her pigtails. “How did we gain a level from killing some ants? Only humans get summon classes, and ants shouldn’t give exp for humans. Worse, a few ants were enough to level up your class.” She looked at him, then took on a thinking pose. “I think I figured it out. You were transformed before you got your class, and rank leeches are in the extremely high experience bracket. Add a class to that and,” A big grin spread across her face. “I can kill bugs and power level you eight levels in a few minutes. Your E- rank mana is registered as a leech, but it's still E- rank with a bonus of 20% to efficiency. Let’s power you up and take advantage of your circumstances before whatever that witch did to you wears off.” Stella said.

 

Stella flew quickly through the grass, and he saw her blast everything she could find with laser beam eyes. Each blast dipped his mana until he gained a level.

 

Summoner lvl3

Mana 59 E- 120%

Charisma 49 E- 100%

Summoner lvl4

Mana 61 E- 120%

Charisma 52 E 100%

 

Suddenly he felt a change spread through his body. The small scars left behind from the wasp breeding slowly disappeared, and his dark exterior looked a little glossier. His body lengthened a little, and he could swear there was a shine to him. The change to E proper hadn’t done anything for his strength, but he sensed it would be easier to use charm. He might be able to use it on more creatures.

 

 

Summoner lvl5

Mana 64 E- 120%

Charisma 56 E 100%

 

Summoner lvl6

Mana 67 E- 120%

Charisma 60 E 100%

 

Summoner lvl7

Mana 70 E- 120%

Charisma 63 E 100%

 

Summoner lvl8

Mana 73 E- 120%

Charisma 66 E 100%

 

Summoner lvl9

Mana 76 E 120%

Charisma 69 E 100%

 

He felt his body go through another change as the mana inside of him practically doubled, showing him the disparity between stat ranks. If it was like that for stat ranks, he could barely imagine how strong a rank 2 monster was compared to himself.

 

Summoner lvl10

Mana 79 E 120%

Charisma 72 E 100%

 

New trait

Summon Communion – Communicate magically with all summoned creatures.

 

“Master is this thing on, I Stella, your brilliant, amazing summon who is tragically still only 9th in line for the throne. If you could do me a solid and summon my sisters, that would be great.” Stella said.

 

Silas sighed and looked over at his wasp friend, still gorging herself on the frog. Halfway through Stella’s rampage, she had already fully healed and was eating for energy. So there was a good chance she was about to rank up.

 

He sighed and felt out his magic reserves.

 

Lesser Summons Open 13/14

Mid-Summons Open 1/1

 

From what he could tell, his latest rank up from E- to E had doubled his available lesser summons. Before, at E- charisma, he could only summon 1 lesser summon for every 10 points in charisma. After ranking up, the number of lesser summons doubled to 2 for every 10 points. He could summon a small army of fairies to attack all the bugs around them to gain precious exp, but that probably wouldn’t work. Stella was a little cutthroat, and her sisters were probably just as bad. Then there was the mana cost. E mana was better than E- but that didn’t mean he could handle a lot of mobs. Stella’s laser beam eyes took up a lot of mana.

 

“Let’s find a safe base of operations first. I think when the wasps got me originally, I saw a stump that sounds like a great place to hide my friend while she ranks up.” Silas said.

 

“Are you planning to become a beast tamer for your next class? Wouldn’t you want something with a little more punch? You could take this class to tier 2 and summon me in my rank 2 form or add an offensive mage class. That way, you could summon me, and we could blast things together. What do you say?” Stella said.

 

“Beast tamer does sound like an interesting class. What do I need to get it?” Stella sighed.

 

“You need summoner and a warrior class. I don’t think that’s a good idea in your current form unless you go back to being human. If you manage to rank up, you’ll lose your increased exp.” Silas nodded and was happy he managed to derail her betrayal plans.

 

“What if I learned every basic mage class first?” Silas asked.

 

Stella blinked, then smiled. “You’re looking to get some EX-ranks for a legendary rank-up. Do it, and I heard humans can train their stats.” Silas nodded.

 

“Alright, I’ll help you out, but only if you help me get closer to the throne,” Stella said, and Silas cursed.

51