CH11: Class
1.8k 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A blue wasp at the cusp of her first rank-up flew Silas out of the hive and dropped him off at the base of the tree. He had suffered under her but also benefitted more than he expected. She fluttered her powerful wings to fly back up to the hive when a sticky pink tongue stuck to one of her wings before yanking her towards the base of the tree.

 

He moved to chase after the frog that devoured his friend and hit it with charm. The frog jumped towards him and landed before Silas lunged at the amphibian.

 

It was a monstrous frog, clearly, mid-first rank by its massive dinner plate-sized body, muscular legs, and weak mana. The fat green beast had fallen to his charm from a glance. Fortunately, it didn’t have the willpower or the mana to resist him.

 

When he pressed himself against the frog's mouth, it tried to shove him away, but he wouldn’t be denied. The mucus coating his body acted as the perfect lube to shove himself into the frog’s mouth. Before the frog could stop him, he slipped down its throat.

 

She raped him, but he asked for it, and when his skill wore off, she still gave him affection. Silas had started to form a real relationship with her, and they could even communicate. In this crazy world, the parasitic wasp stole his heart with Stockholm syndrome.

 

He was dumped quickly in the frog’s stomach, where he found his blue friend a bit worse for wear. One of her wings was broken, and she was a little crushed by the stomach. Acid was already eating away at the edges of her wings, and all he could do was rub some of his mucus on her to give her a buffer. Then, he felt a rumble and heard a hacking sound.

 

Moments after he slipped inside the frog’s stomach, the infatuated frog had decided it didn’t want to eat its new friend. The frog pulled out its stomach and upturned it dumping him and his friend out.

 

Silas stared at the frog’s glazed-over eyes before quickly latching onto it. Unfortunately, his suction carried an anesthetic, so the frog didn’t feel any pain as Silas began drinking it. Gluttony and a natural blood thinner in his saliva let him drink greedily and quickly.

 

Even with his feeding, it took nearly an hour to drain the last of the frog’s blood. Gluttony had let him consume a few times his body weight thanks to his increased health pool.

 

“I sorry.” His friend said.

 

“You can’t look out for everything,” Silas said before his eye turned to see an ant running away.

 

“Scout,” she said.

 

“No shit, what are we going to do? It will return to its nest, and more will come.

 

“Can’t fly. You run.” His friend said.

 

“No, I’m not abandoning you to be ripped apart by ants. I’ll charm them all.” Silas said.

 

His skill had a limit. At E- grade charisma, he could charm 10 different creatures. Only when the charm wore off or they died, he could charm another.

 

Silas looked back at the frog. If he hadn’t killed it, the frog might have been able to help them against the ants. But, it might have eaten his friend again, which made it a moot point. There was another option.

 

Consuming the frog had given him enough exp to push himself over the edge into lvl25. Since he didn’t meet the prerequisites before, he couldn’t move past lvl20, but the exp from drinking blood continued to stack. It wasn’t until he fed again that all of that exp fell into place.

 

He opened his class screen and looked at what was available.

 

Select a category

Mage

Thief

Warrior

Special

 

What he wanted and needed clashed against each other only for a second before he chose mage. Being a warrior of some kind, like a barbarian, would have gone great with his resistance. A thief class would have melded with his silent parasite style, but he needed some firepower. Special was too much of a rando to go for. He needed something to handle large numbers as a leech.

 

Category Mage has been selected. Please select a specialization.

 

Elementalist – A magician wields the elements to attack like a force of nature.

 

When he thought elementalist, he thought of wildfires and tornadoes. While that would be great, he needed something to put some ants down, not burn down the swamp.

 

Blood Mage – A cursed magician wields blood and life to control and sacrifice their enemies for strength.

 

That sounded a little closer to what he needed, but he didn’t know if it came with a powerful crowd control offensive spell.

 

Necromancer – A cursed magician that puppets corpses and unleashes certain death on their enemies. Most search for immortality through death.

 

Silas had to hard pass on that one. He was already a leech; he didn’t want to make things worse for himself by becoming an undead leech.

 

 Summoner – A magician that uses summoned creatures to fight for them.

 

Silas stared at the summoner class and had a thought. What if he could summon something to take care of the ants or get eaten by them instead. It sounded like a way out of the problem he was in. All they needed was to summon something useful or more enticing than a leech and a downed wasp.

 

When he selected summoner and waved bye to all the cool classes he had to pick from, clearly not based on stats, he looked at his first spell.

 

Class: Summoner lvl1 +3charisma, +3 Mana per level

Trait Gained

Mage – +20% effectiveness of Mana

Spell Gained

Summon: Sunshine Fairy

 

Clearly, it was worth a shot. Silas put his mana into his first spell, and a globe of light appeared before morphing into a six-inch-tall fairy with wings like yellow sunlight and sparkling golden hair. Her creamy paper white skin made him feel things he thought he had lost after becoming a leech.

 

“Greetings summoner, I am Princess Stella, your new friend; now, what can I do to help you.” The peppiest voice of all time said before screaming, scaring some birds off their branches.

 

“What happened to you, darling? Were you transformed by a witch?” Stella asked as her voice went up three octaves.

 

Silas glared at her and narrowed his yellow eye. “Sorry, summoners can’t mentally communicate with their summons until level 10. How about you nod for yes and shake for no?” Silas nodded his head.

 

The pigtailed fairy clapped her hands, already in a better mood. “Alright, you summoned me because you were in trouble.” Silas felt her look over his stats before nodding. “I have an idea. You have 43 charisma, so you can summon three more of my sisters.”

 

CH12-14

47