CH13: New Home
1.7k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stump was old and dug out by some warm-blooded animal. Rat feces littered the ground, and the second they approached, its resident growled. Other small animals made themselves scarce as the owner of the stump peaked out with its beady black eyes.

 

While Silas charmed it, Stella didn’t waste a second and blasted the thing with her laser eyes. It froze for a second, allowing Stella to blast it again before it shook off the charm. It seemed that larger animals could shake him off even with his larger mana pool and charisma. That or it had enough charisma or mana to match him.

 

The monster charged out of its barrow, gnashing its yellow teeth before Stella blasted it again. Small wounds covered the monster rat’s body from her repeated attacks. The leech used charm again on the rat to give them more time before it committed to an attack.

 

Stella brought her hands up, and sunlight gathered between her fingers before she pushed them out. “Starburst,” Stella yelled as a glob of sunlight blasted the rat singing its hair.

 

The rat charged, and Silas sighed. “Go watch over, my friend. I’ll handle this like a leech should.” Silas ordered before hitting the rat again with charm before getting in close.

 

He made his way behind the creature and groaned when he saw rat dick and balls. Silas begrudgingly prepared to slip in through the backdoor and drain the rodent dry until it whirled around and snapped out at him. He shot forward and flew right down the rat’s windpipe. He froze as the rat struggled to breathe.

 

So, he waited. After a few minutes, the rat fell over and stopped moving. He listened for when the heart stopped and began the long process of shimmying himself out of the rat. Silas climbed over the rat’s tongue and lifted the roof of the monster’s mouth. It was more of a struggle than he thought, so he decided to get some reps in.

 

“All clear, the rat is dead,” Silas said as he struggled to lift the rat’s jaws and gently set them back down. He decided to work on strength and stamina more from then on what since he could barely open the rat’s mouth.

 

+1 Strength

Strength 21: F+

+2 Stamina

Stamina 20 F

 

“I don’t see why you care so much about a wasp about to rank up. You know they are total monsters in their later ranks, right. I know they are mostly called monsters anyway, but intelligent wasps are terrors. Those with human appearances are the deadliest; they are fast enough to kill high-ranking adventurers before they can react. Do you even know what she’s going to rank into?”

 

After feeling their larvae burst from his body, Silas thought they were monsters at any rank.

 

“No, Stella, what will rank into?” Silas asked.

 

“A moonlight pixie from what I can sense, so I should kill her; it will be better for all of us.”

 

“Better for you, maybe, but she’s been my ally longer than you.”

 

“You don’t understand they look like us, but a wasp will always be a wasp. They like to stick their ovipositors in fairies and fill us with eggs. Then they hatch, and we must overeat to keep our regeneration up, and when they leave us, we get fat. Some keep getting impregnated by them to keep their figure. I mean, have you ever heard of a fat fairy? No, because no one likes fat fairies.” Stella said.

 

“So, fairies can’t get the gluttony skill then.” Stella froze at his words and gave Silas a dangerous look.

 

“You bitch, how did you get the gluttony skill? That means you can eat anything you want and never get fat. It's literally having your cake and eating it too. My sister managed to get it, and that bitch is so smug.” Stella said.

 

Silas looked bag through his system logs until he found the message. “How do I show you my logs?”

 

“Will them visible, and that should be enough,” Stella said with a huff.

 

She quickly pushed against him to see his logs and groaned. “It's so easy. I just need to nab another skill, and it will drop automatically. Once I get that skill, I’m going to eat a big cake right in front of Ramona, the smug blue-haired cunt. Oh, I only eat salads like a cow.” Stella said, and Silas was sure his fairy summon was insane.

 

“What’s wrong with Ramona?” Silas asked.

 

“Nothing, she’s my best friend; I just want to mess with her and make her jealous,” Stella said.

 

A few hours went by, and Silas was getting bored. “Stella, is there any way I can use magic to fortify this place?”

 

“At Summoner lvl25, you’ll get to choose a profession. That can be a warder, enchanter, smith, alchemist, or really any profession you have the stats to qualify for. I wouldn’t recommend smith leeches don’t do well with fire or a lot of salt for that matter.” Stella said back to being productive.

 

Silas didn’t want to hear that. He wanted an easy way to fortify the stump with mana and hopefully gain some stat points while doing something productive. Silas felt his easy stat gain was also because of his leech body. Once he ranked up, his extreme experience gain would go away or at least decrease. This was his best chance to set himself up with the best foundation possible. For instance, he planned to get every class he possibly could.

 

“Well, you should have enough mana to try something simple. Some skills only need the right stats and action. For example, you have E-rank mana, so you should be able to use the spell fortify. All you have to do is pour mana into something and fill in empty spaces. That or you could try lifting things with your mana. Both are great skills to have.” Stella said.

 

He was about to try something when a message popped up.

 

Human: Beginner 100% Rank Up

Yes/No

 

Silas stared at the skill that had been slow to level until he gained a class. After that, human skyrocketed, constantly increasing it’s acceleration towards 100% with every level in summoner. So it was a pleasant surprise that it finally reached 100%.

 

Silas turned his body for the first time in a week until he formed a smile, pressed yes, and his world went black.

48