Chapter Seventy-Six: What Tilde Wants
877 9 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After returning to the inn, Delouise explained that any guests I brought to the inn would experience the kindness he showed me and my family. Ginnie’s eyes lit up profusely once I told her of the geothermal heat warming the waters.   

I had brought up the idea of using it during a midday snack of tea and sweets. 

Dad and Irisa were still sparring in the courtyard, and Mom watched them. They took a short break after I introduced them to Chax and Ginnie. Mom really was a sweet woman… I also thanked her for her talk with Gretchen. My family understood my friends weren’t privy to my secret after Tris told them with waypoint messaging.  

"Master, doesn't it seem like a waste not to use the hot springs when we're at a place that has them?" Tilde hovered nearby, observing as the father and daughter duo resumed their training. 

I nodded. 

"Well, why don't we change that? Irisa, want to join?" 

"Sorry, but I'm okay for now!" Irisa held a large training club, but her movements were too stiff, falling short of Dad's standards. Tilde inquired with Mom, who mentioned she had already taken one upon her return from talking with Gretchen. 

That left Primrose and Niva. Erin volunteered to ask them before dashing off, with Longtooth close behind. Surtr stretched and mentioned he would be in our room. 

Ginnie, Tilde, Tris, and I headed to the women's changing room, while Chax entered the men's. 

We began stripping and putting our clothes in the baskets assigned to us.   

“I’ve heard stories of some elves having…that…” Ginnie said after catching a glimpse of my penis. She didn’t stare at it, though.   

“I hope it doesn’t bother you.”  

“What?! No—not at all!” she replied defensively, throwing up both hands and dropping her robe and towel.   

“… That scar… Is it from…?” Instinctively, Ginnie covered the spot I pierced to burn the goblin larvae. After arriving in Plymoise, she had asked three apothecaries for their opinions, and they all agreed motherhood was an impossibility.   

She loved Chax. And I knew she wanted to bear his child when the time was right. The Dogfolk saw the bitter sadness glimmering in my eyes. “Please know that I don’t blame you! Chax doesn’t either! Mila, we’d never do that! Without your kindness—without… Without you, we wouldn’t be here at all!” She tightly held my hands, her ears folding down against her head. Her tail dangled between her legs. “Please say you understand! I don’t want it to gnaw at you!”

“I understand.” That was all I said. For Ginnie? It was what she desperately needed to hear.   

But I wondered if…I could’ve solved it another way. My chimeric body was clay, free to mold to my whims. But could biomass be directed elsewhere? Could I manipulate a foreign object? Alter a person’s DNA and fix their illness? In Ginnie’s case, make her womb sustainable to carry life?  

…  

Maybe. Not now, though. I was nowhere near strong enough to accomplish something like that.

[Conferment] could probably do it, though.  

It was probably locked away for a reason. 

We entered a warm outdoor bath, separated by a weathered wooden divider. Facing the vast ocean, the rhythmic waves provided a captivating soundtrack. Steam rose, blending with the warm water, carrying scents of cedar and sea. Nature's sounds completed the sensory experience, making relaxation more profound. 

“Ahhh… Thanks a ton for suggesting this, Mila… I…feel like I could melt away…” Ginnie stretched her arms and relaxed. 

“You’re welcome,” I said, sitting opposite of her. Tris and Tilde were to my left and right.  The conversation turned to my priceless Fragment of Wisdom.   

“She’s kinda like Master’s secretary,” explained Tilde, stretching. “Tris handles the day-to-day and keeps her on track.”  

“She’s important to me. I wouldn’t be here without her assistance,” I replied. I just had to rub her fluffy ears.  

“Thank you for the kind words, my lord.” Her tail joyfully slithered.   

“You’re…a noble, right?” Ginnie suddenly asked.   

“It's complicated. Why?”  

“I was curious. I'm sorry for bringing it up. It sounds like it was rough for you.”  

“That’s an understatement, but you don’t need to apologize. I don’t feel like a noble… I hardly ever act like one. I want to be me. That’s it. Be my own woman. Take control of my own destiny with these hands. I don’t want anyone to control me. Not now. Not again.”   

“Umm… Mila? Are you in there?” I heard Erin’s voice as she opened the sliding doors. The topic was getting kinda heavy, so her presence was welcomed.    

“Right here.” 

“Sorry, but Niva and Primrose were already taking a bath. Is it okay if Lei comes in?” 

The yellow slime jiggled and made some happy squeaking noises. It wiggled free from Erin’s arms but remained outside the bath until I nodded. It jumped in and happily swam around the bath, much to Ginnie’s amusement.  

She said she hadn’t seen a slime like Lei before.   

Longtooth jumped to a heated rock, stretched, and laid down. The lion’s eyes never left us.   

Erin readjusted her towel and slipped on in. She yawned almost right away.  “I didn’t think I was this tired,” she said, rubbing her eyes.   

“You worked hard today. Your body needs time to adapt to it.”  

“How did you do it, Ms. Ginnie?” Ginnie said she grew up in a farming village, so working in the fields helped wonders in the stamina department.   

A man’s voice came from the bath’s other side. “It’s the adrenaline coursing through your body. I guess it’s leaving you now.” 

“Chax’s right. You’ll have the best sleep of your life tonight. There’s really nothing better for recovery than a good night’s rest,” added Ginnie.  

“I hope I can stay awake until dinner. Oh, Mila, Mom said the water felt good on her blisters.” Erin looked at me with a smile. “That’s good, right?” 

“Yes, it is.” They showed no signs of going away, but they weren’t worsening. And they didn’t hurt much, if at all, so that was a good sign, right? 

I seriously hoped it was.  

I was the first to leave the bath. Tris wanted to follow, but Tilde convinced her to be selfish and enjoy the warmth.  

Irisa was still outside, lying on the grass while looking at the sky. Dad had returned to his room to freshen up with Mom. “He really worked me over,” she whispered as I joined her. She was worried I would get filthy but realized that wasn’t a problem. 

Irisa did her best. Tris kept watching during our bounty hunt and told me of the effort Irisa put in. Seeing her try so hard... Forcing her battered, bruised body off the hard ground to resume her training every time she was knocked down...   

I seriously loved her.    

But I hoped she did it for her sake and not mine.  

The last thing I needed was for her life to revolve around mine, but how would I approach that?  

I didn’t know how to bring it up without making it awkward.    

I talked with her about something else until I heard Ginnie and Chax. They had come to get some fresh air, and Niva and Primrose arrived not too long after for the same reason.    

“Welcome back, Mistress!”  

“A nature spirit?” Ginnie saw Niva’s prosthetics, but she didn’t bring it to attention. “Ah, my apologies. You’re a woodland spirit, aren’t you?”   

“Primrose. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” The spirit helped Niva to a bench and sat beside her.    

“Mistress, I think I did a lot today.”   

“The training went well?” Ginnie was curious, so I told her about [Mana Perception] to get around Niva’s blindness.   

“Yes! We spent six hours! And I managed to finally see Lei!” She said she couldn’t see anything else, but that was a start.    

“I ensured she didn’t stress her body, Lord Springfield, and the rejuvenating bath refreshed her mind.”  

“Was it good for your vines?” I asked.   

“Yes. The waters here are rich with mana. It felt like I was being massaged all over.”  

“That’s good.”  

Irisa said something about how it felt to be a mage, which started a discussion about mana and magic.    


Dinner was roasted pork with an apple honey glaze over the top, complete with three large salads, a delicious cornucopia-like fruit display, and a slice of pie for dessert. 

It was far too late for my friends to go home. Delouise had his employees prepare a room for them to spend the night. And that was for the best.   

We remained at the dinner table and chatted over coffee and tea. Tris telepathically asked me to make three clones, so I formed three drops of slime that slithered to Surtr, who rested behind me. They caught a ride deep in his fur, and Tris and Tilde excused themselves. My lion followed them to my room, and I wondered what they would be used for? 

I could’ve spied, but I wanted to be surprised.  

One by one, my family and friends said their good nights and departed to their rooms until it was just me. Irisa left me with a hug and a kiss, and I stayed and finished my coffee.  

An idea came to me... 

I went to Ginnie’s and Chax’s room, asking if they would consider staying here until our two months were up. Part of it was to help Erin. She and her shiny horns had confided in me earlier and said Chax and Ginnie were nice to her. They knew she was a beginner and didn’t get mad or upset when she let a monster escape.   

To my relief, Ginnie accepted and quickly stated she wouldn’t take my money. She left with Chax to tell Erin. 

I checked on Niva and her spirit next. Primrose was dressing her in her pajamas. “I won’t overdo it, Mistress. Primrose and I were about to go to sleep. She said rest is what the body needs, and that’s what I want to give it.”  

“Good. Sleep well, okay? I love you.”  

“I love you too!”  

“Good night, Lord Springfield. May your dreams be pleasant,” replied the spirit. Lei was chilling on the bed, acting all cute. It extended a wiggling appendage, and I held it until it waddled to Niva’s arms.   

“You too, Prim.”  

I left and heard the lock click behind me. Mom and Dad were already in bed, so I checked on Irisa, but she was already asleep. I didn’t want to wake her since she was tired and sore, so I let her be. Kengu curled around her stomach and yawned, meeting my eyes with a subtle nod before I gently closed the door. Slime was used to grease the hinges to ensure it was silent, and I returned to my room.   


“Welcome back! You finished with your rounds?” Tilde asked, giving me a beautiful smile. My fairy sat cross-legged on the edge of the bed, naked.  

Tris stood near those clones, who were weaving thread and sewing. Surtr cleaned his paws, yawned, and stretched before plopping down.   

“Yep. You wasted no time in getting comfortable, did you?”  

“I had to let the girls breathe, you know,” she said, groping herself. “I don’t wanna keep them behind a bra forever. And yes, my panties are the same. It feels weird wearing them. I might go commando. They’re uncomfortable.” 

“Sorry about that. Guess I did dress you without asking, so why don’t I make it up? How do you feel about a shopping trip soon? Do you want a new dress?” I asked, sitting beside her.   

“Mmmnnn… Maybe! Hey, do ya know what Tris is doing?” I shook my head. “I asked her to make us a pair of matching jammies.” 

“And they’re finished. Good timing, my lord.” Tris picked up the garments and thanked the clones for their hard work. They returned to my body in a haze of slime. Two of the three outfits disappeared into our storage.   

“Yay! It’s about time!” Tilde skipped to Tris and grabbed the last one. “Oh, and check this out.” Tilde snapped, and the pajamas appeared on her in a flash. She was nude a snap later. Her clothes were by her feet in a neat file. “It’s a skill called [Quick Change]. I have the most experience with this world’s skill system, so I know the ins and outs of learning them quickly.” Tilde redressed herself.   

“That’s very impressive.”  

“Hehe! Now! It isn’t a pajama party if I’m the only one wearing them.” Tris and I got the hint, and we changed. They fit me like a glove and were softer than the cloaks. Tris said she used a new method of double-stitching the fibers or something.  

“Yeah! That’s more like it.” Tilde flew to the bed and sat to my left.   

“Hey... I did good today, yeah?” Tilde rolled to her back and relaxed her head on my lap. “I kinda think that deserves a reward.” She reached for my hand and placed it on her head.    

“You don’t want the shopping trip?” I asked, rubbing her. “Are the pajamas enough?”   

“I do, and they’re nice, but my kind-hearted Master won’t force her precious fairy to pick just one reward, will she?” She gave me those puppy dog eyes.  

God, Tilde was just so cute. And adorable. And pretty.   

“You’re lucky your Master loves you so much…” I relented, chuckling softly. “You’re a good girl.” I cupped her cheeks and rubbed her lips with my thumb.    

“Mmmnn… That’s it… I wanna hear it again…” She closed her eyes and squirmed her thighs. I felt her wings flutter against the bed. Her clothes had a slit for them.   

A dog wagged their tail, so did a fairy flap their wings when they were happy?  

“You’re a good girl, Tilde. I’ll tell you what. Tonight's your night. I’ll do whatever you want.”  

“Hehe! You can’t go back on your word! But… Is it okay? Tris told me of your concerns and the talk with her and Surtr. Are you okay, Master? Do you wanna chat with your favorite fairy?”  

“I’m fine with it. I’ve made peace with myself. Sekh loves me. She wants me to be happy. When she returns to us, I’ll have to make up for lost time.”  

I feel like a broken record… Just how many times am I going to bring it up?  

“What? You’re going to give her an entire week?”  

Try longer. The Year of Sekh.”  

“That long?! And your favorite fairy gets a single night? Oh, you’re a cruel Master.”  

“It could be the Century of Tilde if you play your cards right.”  

“Ha! You can’t go back on your word, Master. Tris, make sure to write this down.”  

“I’ll make special note of it.”   

We shared a nice giggle.   

“So… What’s on your mind? Let me guess. It’s about Irisa, isn’t it?” 

“I’m that easy to read?” 

"You are to us.” 

“I just don’t know if Irisa is training to improve herself, or if she’s doing it for me. I don’t want the latter. I really don’t. I want her to live for herself. Her life doesn’t need to revolve around me.” 

“Overenthusiastic devotion to a new and exciting thing can develop into something unhealthy. But it often slows down over time into something more healthily balanced that can have the focused devotion to the target or field without completely consuming them. My lord, I believe Irisa needs to learn the proper ratio,” Tris said.  

“Tris’s right. That’s called the ‘honeymoon period.’” 

“How do I bring it up?” 

“Sometimes you just gotta go for it.” Tilde closed her eyes and said approaching the topic would be uncomfortable. She’d seen similar scenes play out a few hundred times. “I’m just saying this, and this is me speaking out loud, but the relationship might be too much for her. She doesn’t have experience dating one person, let alone multiple.” 

Is it...too much? I… That’s possible, isn’t it? 

“I need to talk to her tomorrow. If I need your help…” 

“Consider it done, Master!” Tilde winked. “But it’s gonna cost ya. Do you know what I want? Here, I’ll give you a hint.” 

I expected her to take my hand and place it on her chest, but she didn’t do anything. I was perplexed, and she read my expression. “Hmm? You thought I was gonna do something lewd? Well, it’s not the time for it.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Irisa. It’s not time.” 

“But I had sex with her. It’s not fair—” 

Tilde placed a finger across my lips. “Listen up, Master! It’s time for me to teach you about girls. You see, we only have our first time once. And we almost always want it to be special. It’s the same with me, you see, so why don’t we begin this Century of Tilde with a 100,000-step plan I’ve been saving for a rainy day.” Tilde pointed to the pillows, and before long, the three of us were cuddling under the heavy blankets. My fairy took my front. She tightly wound her arms around my back as Tris did the same to my stomach.  

“And you gotta hold me tight so I don’t fly away, ‘kay? That’s step 2. I’ll have you know fairies are known to do that. But if I did, you’d come for me, right?” 

“I wouldn’t stop until I have you back in my arms.” 

“See? That’s the kinda stuff a girl wants to hear! Congrats on crossing off step 25,628.” 

“I’ve already skipped that many?!” 

“Nah, it’s not something that has to be done in order. Just know that my century won’t be complete until everything’s marked. So, you know, it might even take longer. It might even require a few centuries, so…” Tilde nuzzled her face against my chest, her giggles like music to my ears. “You’re in it for the long haul, Master, and the Tilde Train isn’t gonna stop for anything!” 

“Choo choo!” adorably honked Tris, who offered to be the conductor.  

Tilde knew I knew what she and Tris were doing. And that was why I loved them so much.   

“Good night, Master. I love you!” 

“Good night, my lord. I love you, too.” 

Tris and Tilde hugged tighter.  

“Sweet dreams, you two. I love you both.” 

Before I knew it, I was out like a light.   

Okay, so this chapter was delayed because it needed a pretty big rewrite (which meant the other chapters after this had to be rewritten a little bit.)

Originally, there was a fairly large and super detailed sex scene here between Mila, Tris, and Tilde, and I felt that it wasn't the right time to have that. Especially since Mila is concerned about Irisa and how to approach her. 

But I don't think we have to worry about it going downhill / needless drama since Tilde offered to help.

(One of the advantages of having someone like her is that she's seen it all.)

But don't fret! The R-18 content I had planned for this chapter will show up when the time is right. 

Good News! There will be a chapter this Thursday.

Bad News! I don't have any time to go through any comments or my notifications until after the New Year. 

So, I'm not ignoring anyone. I just don't have that much free time at the moment since a lot of things piled on me at like the last second. 

31