Chapter 17 – Business partner.
231 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...FUCK!!!"

The worst possible situation happened. A powerful entity in the other world found out about your ability, deducing it as if it was nothing.

You are not in a story where you are a protagonist with an almighty plot armor where others are dumbed down to oblivion.

Sure, the average person is not that smart, some even straight-up dumbasses who think with their fists and balls and blindly listen to propaganda channels because it is convenient, but even they have the occasional pearl of wisdom, not to mention people who lead them, the intelligent people.

You admit it. You are also an average person, A stupid person who blindly followed a manipulative AI out of greed and blind reliance.

Right now, you, an average person, are facing the one-sided interrogation of a smart being more intelligent than you by at least a factor of 3.

There was barely any room for error. The man only needed some data to find out about your ridiculous secret, like solving a jigsaw puzzle. It was that simple.

"Well, Iver? Why is your face pale and your heart-rate erratic? Did I hit the nail? Iver the Otherworlder?" - The Chief let out a toothy grin as he stared at you, revealing a set of pearly and sharp teeth.

"Fuck! He can read my heartbeat?! Is he a polygraph?!" - You cry in your mind, raising your blanket even higher.

Only now have you realized why Byhalia warned you not to lie. The Chief in front of you can read your heartbeat, enabling him to detect lies and nervousness.

From the moment he entered the room, you were already in the palm of his hand.

"So, Iver, if that is your full name, how about I analyze the situation at your homeworld? Judging from how desperate you are to get your AR assistant, you must desperately want to send her back. Want to inform your superiors? No... Your equipment is trash, even by 2022 standards, so you're likely a loner. You want to send her back to fabricate your existence and tell everyone you're OK, right? So that your friends and family, if they exist, won't fill you as a missing person. Also, judging from how you don't teleport back, there must be a restriction on your power. For example, you are confined to this very spot, unable to teleport to a different location. Or perhaps you're a bit smarter and afraid of infecting your world with a mega virus that can wipe out over half of the population?" - The Chief stared at you with a mocking smile.

"... Oh, crap. I forgot about that one." - You grimace, realizing you are a living bio-hazard.

Your situation is probably similar to that of the native Americans, who died en mass due to European diseases and germs.

"So, Iver the Otherworlder, do you want to start talking? Or do you want me to analyze how pathetic your life is?" - The Chief seemed to be enjoying himself as he sadistically grinned at you.

"... You're a monster." - You finally break, lowering your blanket just enough to stare at the sadistic man in front of you, tears threatening to fall from your eyes.

"Heh! I'll take that as a compliment." - The Chief grinned and sat by one of the tables, taking out from his pocket what seemed to be an old cigar and sniffing it.

"Jack&Clark Cigars, 2127. I only have 3 of these left." - The Chief said with nostalgia.

He then used his sharp teeth to bite off the tip of the cigar before taking out a lighter and lighting the cigar. Then, he took out a puff from the cigar and blew it, creating a small cloud of smoke.

"Hah... So cigars are still at large in the future." - You thought.

"So, where were we? Oh, right. How about you start by telling me about your ability?" - The Chief reclined back like a big boss and asked.

"Eh... Before that, can I at least know your name? You're not called Chief, are you?" - You ask, feeling uncomfortable at calling the man Chief in your mind all the time.

"Ah, right. Where are my manners? I'm Daniel Wood, but my tribe calls me Chief. Call me Dan if you want. That's what the Outsiders call me." - The Chief, Dan, said and took a puff.

"And what about you? You don't want me to call you Iver the Otherworlder all the time, right?" - Dan asked humorously.

"I'm Gulliver Goodman, but please call me Iver." - You say.

"Wow, that name is a handful. No wonder you only gave your nickname before." - Dan nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." - You say with pursed lips.

"So, back on topic, your ability?" - Dan asked.

"Right... Well, to explain it, I need to tell you about my world first." - You say and start explaining what your world was like.

Dan only sat there while smoking his cigar, listening patiently as you narrated your reality.

"So you are saying your world is 150 years less advanced than my world and that superpowers became a thing, and you got a superpower around a month ago? One that allows you to travel to my reality?" - Dan asked weirdly.

"Well... Yes." - You nod, fully knowing your reality is weird from Dan's standpoint.

Dan remained silent, only puffing his cigar from time to time.

After a minute, he finally said, "Fine, I believe you."

"You believe me?" - You ask in surprise.

"What am I supposed to do? To not believe the facts that are laid in front of me? To not believe your calm heartbeat? At most, time would tell, and I have plenty. You can have your AR assistant back." - Dan said and fished Rosa from his pocket before lightly tossing her at you, landing on your chest.

"Just like that?" - You ask quizzically.

"Just like that. Take it as me building a good rapport with my future business partner." - Dan said as he took another puff from his cigar.

"Business partner?" - You raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, business partner. But first, don't you need to, you know, prove your frigin existence?" - Dan pointed at Rosa.

"Oh, right! Rosa, are you alright?" - You ask.

"..." - Rosa didn't reply.

"Hey, Rosa? Rosa?!" - You start panicking, thinking she got broken.

"...She's muted, dumbnuts." - Dan said absentmindedly, his thoughts unknown.

"...I knew that." - You reply awkwardly and unmuted her.

[Finally! I can talk!] - Was the first thing Rosa said.

"Er... Rosa, you oka—"

[Okay? Okay?! Of course, I'm not Okay! The first thing the asshole over there did after chatting with me for 15 seconds was to mute me and put me in a drawer for 11 fucking days!] - Rosa complained.

"..." - You didn't answer, only muting her again.

[Iver, don't you da—] - And she was muted again.

"I'll talk with you again when you calm down." - You say to her.

[...] - Rosa Obidiently shut up.

"Annoying, right?" - Dan said with a chuckle.

"... You get used to it." - You say bitterly.

"That reminds me. Are you the primary or secondary user?" - Dan suddenly asked.

"Secondary, why?" - You ask back.

"You have the patience of a turtle, then. Her personality is probably set on Sassy Bitch, you know? Like, the most annoying and offensive sex-oriented deluxe female personality module you can get on the market before the Great Change? You need a heavy taste to stomach that. I only know a few that got it before I turned. They got a real mouth on them and can get hurtful and mean, but they mellow out to their primary users, or at least I hear. I swear by father sky that I would strangle the guys who programmed this if they are still alive." - Dan cringed and said with absolute hate.1When even the otherworlder says she is annoying.

"It's that bad?" - You ask warily.

"That bad. If I was in your shoes, I would dunk her into the nearest trash can and get myself a nice girl next door or milf personality module." - Dan said with certainty.

"..." - You didn't say anything, but Dan's words were tempting.

"Anyways, I think she got her needed time off to simmer down and hopefully weigh her words better." - Dan said and took another puff.

"Rosa, I hope you don't start yelling again, or I will mute you again." - You warn and unmute her.

[...] - This time, Rosa remained silent.

"Rosa, I am very sick now, and I can't go back. I need you to help me fabricate my existence for the last eleven days in my reality. Can you do it?" - You ask.

[... Under one condition.] - Rosa haggled.

"What condition?" - You ask her.

[I want to know what happened to Lola in this hospital.] - Rosa said adamantly.

"...Alright, fine. Dan, do you perhaps have patient files and recordings or something of this place?" - You ask.

"..." - Dan didn't reply, staring absentmindedly at the ground while smoking his cigar.

"Dan?" - You ask again, a hint of concern in your voice.

"Hm? Ah? Oh, yeah, yeah, I'll get that for you. Rosa, was it? It will take a few hours to organize, so how about you help Iver here in the meantime, please? He seems tight on time." - Dan snapped out of it and promised before asking Rosa to help you in a strangely polite way.

[...Fine. Iver, send me over.] - Rosa said.

"Thanks, Rosa." - You say and send her to your reality with a small flash.

"Hah... Although I saw it before through my shared vision, it's still a marvel to look at it in person." - Dan said, impressed.

"Meh, you get used to it fast. So, business partner?" - You ask about the previous topic.

"Yeah, business partner. We can trade things that we both need with each other." - Dan said and blew a cloud of smoke like a big boss.

"Well, that depends. What do you need?" - You ask.

"Luxury goods, mostly. Things that we can't produce ourselves anymore. Modern clothes, fine wine, cigars, condiments, bullets, soap, soft toilet paper..." - Dan listed.

"And no food?" - You ask back.

"Food? That's not appealing to us Ascended. Although we don't vomit it out like the Kin, we find it bland, unnutritious." - Dan shook his head.

"And you like alcohol?" - You ask.

"Always. But the last of the good wine has gone bad five years ago." - Dan said bitterly.

"Why not make it locally? I'm sure there are some fruits you can grow and distill. You have the American River, so you're not lacking water, right?" - You ask.

"We certainly did try, but the results are subpar. You see, agriculture isn't as easy as it seems, especially in a place where pests evolved for 150 years more than your reality. Bugs, parasitic plants, and heck, Origin plants, and Husks. A formula of agricultural disaster. Only some more resistant wild fruit grow here and there." - Dan sighed.

"Origin plants must be Plantae Spei." - You guessed.

"Wow... So, tobacco is the same?" - You ask, feeling sorry for the guy.

"It's worse. The plant has gone extinct, at least in this region. Even the seeds refuse to grow now." - Dan took another puff slowly as if savoring every moment.

"Bummer." - You make a sour face.

Although you don't smoke yourself, denying someone their fix like that is just plain evil, even if it is good for them.

"So... Condiments are a no-brainer, bullets too, soap is always useful, but why toilet paper?" - You ask, baffled.

"Do you think we enjoy wiping our asses with rough leaves, rocks, and paper? Do you know that we used some of our precious reserve toilet paper on you? Five toilet paper rolls. FIVE!" - Dan said with gritted teeth.

"...I never thought I would see the day where someone would feel heartache for five rolls of toilet paper." - Your lips twitched.

"But, wait..." - You suddenly thought of something.

"Eh, Dan, you said you used toilet paper on me, does that mean..." - You hesitate, not knowing how to ask it.

"That the two young servant milfs are nursing you in every way possible, including wiping your ass? Yeah, and be thankful, I hear from that hag you let out some nasty diarrhea for over a week." - Dan snorted.

"...Fuck." - You utter.

"Yeah, fuck. So you better fuck them and knock them up properly when you get better. They didn't do this because they're enjoying it." - Dan said, taking another puff of smoke.

"... Do they value my semen that much?" - You ask strangely.

"Ah, right. You don't know, do you? Semen from male Pure Ones and Outsiders increase the talent of a resulting child with an Ascended Woman, and they know it by instinct. However, your seed as a Pure One is only attractive to Servants now. If you want to be an attractive mate to higher-evolved Ascended women, you need to become an Outsider." - Dan said and smoked his Cigar without care.

"Talent?" - You ask about a point.

"Oh, right. Each Kin, Ascended, and Outsider have an inborn Talent. The higher the talent, the more times they can evolve by consuming same-grade meat and crystals. For example, I and ShadowClaw have grade 3 talent, able to evolve three times, while the servant milf here has grade 0 talent, unable to evolve without consuming grade 1 meat and crystals." - Dan said and pointed at the unconscious Byhalia lying next to you.

"Wait, can't you just feed them higher-level meat to evolve them, then?" - You ask quizzically.

"And what then? We need a proper food chain, or things can get fucked, and fast." - Dan replied.

"... I understand." - You reply.

"Anyways, aren't you going to ask what I can offer you in return?" - Dan suddenly asked.

"Oh, yeah, what can you offer?" - Your mind returned to its business track.

"That's more like it. I can offer you precious metals, jewels, technology, tools, guns, information, and best of all, Outsider meat and Kin crystals." - Dan said.

"Eh... I get all the rest, but why would I want Outsider meat?" - You ask weirdly.

"To evolve, of course. If you become an Outsider, you can live for like 300 years, or so I hear. Your body would heal faster and be rejuvenated from accumulated damage. You won't be afraid of disease anymore. Your natural strength would triple, and your senses double. And that is only a grade 0 Outsider. You can get even stronger and live longer the more you evolve." - Dan said.

"And, of course, you can have a free pass at fucking and irresponsibly knocking up more highly evolved Ascended women. The hot ones." - Dan gave a knowing smile.

"And I won't become some sort of monster?" - You ask back.

"You mean a monster with greenish hair, golden eyes, a crystal at the back of their heads, and sharp claws and teeth?" - Dan narrowed his eyes at you.

"I-I... Er..." - You stammer, trying to formulate inoffensive words.

"Hah! Relax, dude, just pulling your leg. Yeah, no worries, you won't change, much, at least not in a monstrous way. At most, your original template will improve, having better skin and a better build and look younger, making you more handsome, heh, and it also has the side-effect of making you bigger and last longer down there." - Dan said with a light laugh and pointed between your legs.

"...Okay, you bought me." - You say.

"That's the spirit, sport. Oh, and I almost forgot, you could also hire my clansmen as bodyguards." - Dan suddenly remembered and said.

"Right... I do need bodyguards here." - You say with a shiver, remembering how you almost got insta-killed.

"Well, we will discuss the specifics later, but now, I think you should get some more rest. You look exhausted. Get some milk and sleep, little baby." - Dan said teasingly.

"Oh, fuck you." - You roll your eyes and say instinctively, but then you remember you are talking to someone that can kill you on a whim.

You warily stare at your dangerous business partner, afraid he will get angry.

"...What?" - Dan raised an eyebrow.

"Er... Sorry for cursing you." - You say meekly.

"Hah? Hahaha! Wow, I forgot to tell you. You're my business partner, ergo, my buddy, so you have a free pass at cursing me." - Dan smiled at you.

"Oh, thank god..." - You sigh in relief, feeling as if your soul returned to your body.

"Well, I'm out, partner." - Dan waved his hand with his half-finished cigar in his mouth.

"Bye, partner!" - You wave to your new business partner.

The moment Dan exited the room, Byhalia regained consciousness but was not panicked.

"Hehe... Chief said give milk to big baby before sleep." - Byhalia said with a restrained chuckle.

"..."

"Fuck you, Dan." - You thought before getting breastfed again and falling asleep.

Little did you know that at this very moment, your reputation as a poor loser in your world was changing... for good or bad.

 

9