Chapter 5 – Blood 4
95 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiny…

Shiny…

I could not believe it…

It was night, definitely night. 

But why was everything so bright?

I squinted my eyes. This level of brightness was hurting my sight.

Was it magic?

No. It seemed like humans had developed some kind of technology to create light without having to rely on magic. Not that type of light from a fire or candle, but colourful and super bright lights. I could see the lights with all kinds of colours here. There were even ones that continuously change colours or ones that are blinking fast. Luckily, this kind of light was nothing like sunlight, so it didn’t burn my skin.

Architecture had also changed drastically compared to what used to be in my era. Now, surrounding me stood many tall buildings and towers full of lights, with their heights reaching beyond the sky. With this level of lightness, I couldn’t even see stars anymore.

“Hmmm, this is definitely bad…” I said to myself. “Vampires rely on darkness to hunt. This is really not a good hunting ground at all.” 

And not just the lights that were messing with me.

It was also the noises as well.

“Since when does night time get this noisy?” I wonder. “Are humans having a festival right now?”

I didn’t know what they were, but I could see humans moving at high speed by staying inside some kind of metallic self-driven wagons. Let’s just call them vehicles. Yep, the vehicles seemed pretty sturdy, so I doubt I could attack any of those right now in my weakened state. Furthermore, there were all kinds of trumpet-like noises coming from them. Plus so much ear-irritating music being blasted all over the city, everything was blending together to become a big noisy mess.

Thus, I had to forcefully lower my senses.

“So, this is the state of the world right now. I see.”

And as I already mentioned, I didn’t like that at all.

This era was really much worse than what I was expecting. I could now see why my kind was in trouble. With this so many lights, it was definitely very hard to ambush humans. And with this much noise, it was extremely hard as well to focus on our enhanced hearing to locate our prey. 

However, as I paid more attention, I noticed something.

“Hmmmm…” 

Ah… The situation might not be as bad as I thought. I didn’t know why, but humans seemed to be much weaker than before. They were slow and sluggish. Most of their combat power: none.

So, they should be easy prey for me.

Very good.

I then landed on top of a building near the ground and waited for an opportunity…

Five minutes had already passed. 

Ah, lucky. 

I didn’t have to wait long.

There was a woman going into a dark alley right now.

She was all alone.

Perfect!

I followed her.

4