Chapter 6- Blood 5
67 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmmm… I wonder

How could this human be so carefree? 

Humans should be afraid of the dark. Back in my time when I was roaming the night, no human dared to go out, and if they did, they would go with at least a pack of twenty people. Vampires, werewolves, demons, imps, succubus and incubus… we all loved the taste of human’s life force. But now, not only was this woman going out alone, she also didn’t seem to pay much attention to her surroundings at all.

So, I was flying right above her in my bat form, very very close. This should be an easy hunt. From this distance, I could easily shift back to my humanoid form and jump at her anytime.

But… something just didn’t feel right, so that was why I hesitated.

As I thought more about it. Why was Sera so weak and malnourished despite our prey being this easy to hunt?

This didn’t add up. 

Could it be… a trap?

Yes, just as you can use some honey to trap the flies, there was also a possibility that this woman was just a bait for any hungry vampire looking for a quick snack. The Helsings had used this dirty tactic before, many times.

“Yehehe, I see…”

From what I’d learnt in the past, humans tend to be very cunning and really know how to use their wits, as their strength was limited. Therefore, I had to be cautious.

Thus, I decided to hypnotise her first. But before that, I used my enhanced senses to scan the surroundings five times for any potential trap, casted a spell to increase my muscle strength and agility, and then, pre-casted a long distance teleportation spell so that I could flee with a single snap of my finger back to Sera’s place if anything funny happened.

Lastly, I needed a plan B if somehow my hypnotise spell didn’t work. Some humans could be extremely resistant to hypnosis, especially ones with strong will power. If that was the case, then I would proceed to use Charm, a simple yet very effective spell to awaken the person’s sexual desire. You know, despite being hundreds of years old, my appearance could always rival a charming prince in any fairy tale you could name of. After all, like I said, vampires were sex maniacs, so we needed to be handsome and pretty.

So, when I was perfectly ready, I switched back to my human form.

“Madam, excuse me, can you please help me?” I shouted and asked.

The woman stopped and turned around.

“Yes?”

“Ah!” I crouched down, pretending to be looking for an item. “I fell and lost my glasses. Can you please look for it?”

“Oh my, sure!”

She replied then ran towards me to help.

Very nice. She fell for it.

I didn’t actually need any glasses, as my eyesight was always perfect, but they made me look more elegant and intelligent so I always wore them.

“Ah! Found it!”

The woman picked up my glasses.

“Oh thank you! Can you please put it on me?”

“Sure!”

And just like that, I had created the perfect scenario for my hypnotizing spell to work.    

Thud.

The woman fell instantly when our eyes met, like a ragdoll.

“Oh?” I mutter. 

That was easy!

I was expecting at least a few more seconds for the spell to kick in. But she fell already!

Well, I couldn't complain! 

Very nice.

Now, it was time for a quick snack.

3