[Arc 2] Chapter 9: Claw of Tris Clades, and Empyrean Eyes
7.1k 87 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm, I'm both a little impressed and a little depressed at the moment. 

Let's start with the bad news. The spells of [Basic Magic] is somewhat different than I first thought. Create Water, the skill's water-attribute spell, don't transmute mana into water, as I first thought when Riri demonstrated it to me. Instead, it takes the moisture of the air around the spell-caster, and condense it to water. Inside the Dungeon, that was the same as just creating the water, but out here in the wasteland, it's practically impossible.

The other disappointment is the Create Earth spell. It works just like Create Water, but with dirt instead of water. From the appraisal result, I learned that the produced dirt is excellent for farming, but nothing else. 

The fire spell, Ignite, and the wind spell, Breeze, are better. They use only mana to produce fire and wind. The bad part is that despite the amount of mana one pushes into them, you won't get more than a certain amount of power from them. The good news is, I've got a lighter that never goes out, since my MP regeneration is higher than the reduced costs of the fire spell, and the wind spell can work as a fan replacement. Again, the reduced cost through my reduction skill makes it that I can use this wimp spell for half an eternity.

Enough about the skill I already have. Let me talk about the rewards from the box.

Those Deca-Bottles looks like they can contain 0.3 liters, and are made of bluish glass. It's transparent to a certain degree, but the color is definitely blue. One can see how much liquid that remains in the bottle, at a scale of 1/10.

The contents are regular spring water. Not that bad, and way better than the cheap tap-water-like taste of the water that is produced with Create Water. I didn't manage to produce any water myself, but I test-tasted the water that Riri produced that time. It got the thumbs down from all three tasters, me, Virt, and Sent.

The Bottle Pocket is pretty nice. It's made from dark-brown leather and is big enough to hold a 0.5-liter bottle. It fitted just right on the Dark Blood Belt and kinda looks like a pouch that soldiers keep their extra ammo.

It could take any kind of bottles, as long as it fitted the pouch. I tried with several stones, and that worked as well, despite the different sizes, and the fact that it wasn't bottles I put in there. The only problem was the size. The Item Bag I'm storing the T-Rex corpse with could take in any kind of item, despite the size. 

I've concluded that the Bottle Pocket must be a small-sized Item Bag with the Quick-Draw effect added, but without the size-ignoring functions. If I could merge those two items somehow, I would have the greatest item bag ever! Not sure how though. Eh, whatever. I still have [Demonic Vault].

I've already tested how to take out bottles from it. Usually, the pocket looks empty, but when I make an action to take out a bottle, the desired bottle is ready to be pulled up. I also tested if one could choose one specific bottle to take out. I marked the different bottles with a different colored thread, and rapidly pulled them out, and back, to confirm the theory. I also tested it with the rocks I mentioned before.

The result was that the belt would always give me the item I wanted, despite the rapid-drawing. No wonder it was called 'Quick-Draw'. Maybe some kind of leather-worker, or whoever made this stuff, could merge them? Hah, now I'm dreaming again. People would have done that long before I was born if it was possible.

Then, we got the Magic Scroll. It activated when I poured mana into it. Like, when one wants to use spells or skills that require MP, they pour the mana into the spell or skill. It was kinda like that. After getting enough mana, the scroll started to light up, granting me the spell just like that and disappeared after a few seconds.

The all-important Cleaning spell works like a charm. When I used it on a rock, as a guinea pig, it was covered in a soap-bubble-like effect, and all the dirt on it was washed away.

When I tried it on my self, I got to know that the soap-bubbles was just an illusion of the spell. I could still breathe the small moment the bubbles covered me, and it didn't even get into my eyes. After the spell was finished, I was just as clean as if I had just finished a bath. The same was true for my equipment.

I still think that a normal bath would be better since the spell just removed the filth. There's none of that refreshing feeling you have after finishing a bath. It works, but if there's the alternative of getting a real bath, then I'll take the bath.

Now then, I've told you about the stuff I've already been through, so let's look at what's left together! First off, there's the mystery item that Lux gave me. It was a box, inside the first box. What's this, a Matryoshka box? It looks more like a jewelry box, black leather, metal lock, and all that.

Where is the key, found it! It wasn't exactly hidden either. It was on top of a piece of paper, just beside the box. Wait, it's not 'piece of paper', but a note. What's written on it...! Seriously!? I need to confirm this!

I quickly opened the box and found an item that looks like a black claw, around the size of a paperweight. No time to waste! [Appraisal]!

=====================================================================

Item Name: Claw of Tris Clades

Rank: B+

Type: Enhancement Material [Weapon (Sword)]

Durability: 500/500

Weight: 20

Effects: 

  • Perfect Enhancement
    • Enhancement using this item will always turn out successful.
  • Single Use (Enhancement)
    • Only this item can be used to enhance an item.
    • Cannot be used as material for item creation.
  • Perfect Fit (Weapon)
    • The enhanced weapon will take the shape that fits the skill-granter the best.
  • Weapon Enhancement (Self-Customization)
    • Skill: []
    • Skill: []
    • Skill: []

Description: An enhancement material that grants sword-type weapons up to three of the owner's skills.

Restricted to Attack, Active, and some Racial skills. There can only be one individual to copy their skills to the item. 

Due to the massive amount of skills that it is possible to grant the weapon, and from its claw-like shape, this item is named after the Monstrous Chimera, Tris Clades, that has ravaged the Alhiraci continent for the previous centuries.

=====================================================================

I know I was complaining that the katana didn't fit me all that well, but isn't this an overkill?! Not gonna complain though. It even goes the length to tell me that the skills are copied instead of added to the claw. 

The note that Lux left behind is a manual in how to use the item. It's easy, and I don't need to have a blacksmith skill of any kind to use this particular item.

I'm kinda curious about that Chimera that the item is named after. I'll just look it up in the Kigal-Note afterward.

---

Now that I've finished going through the items now, all that's left is to check out the contents of the Unique Skill guide. It is a letter like the first one, with the only difference being the "Unique Skill guide" written on the cover. I used a sharpened thread as a letter opener and started to read the contents.

=====================================================================

Guide for obtaining Unique Skill, [Empyrean Eyes].

Skill effects:

  • It allows the user to see all the information related to the World System, essentially [Appraisal]'s Unique form.
  • Attacks that utilize this skill will have their desired result become "inevitable", meaning that as long as the attack hits, it will be as fatal, or non-fatal, as it is possible, without any opposing skills hindering it. Your own skills or Arts do not count. 
  • All eye-related skills will be integrated into this skill, except Evil Eye, and Magic Eye skills.

Requirements for skill

  • Have [Appraisal] at max level, that is to say, LV10.
  • Have two or more Truth Eye skills. [Judging Eye] works as one of those. 
  • Have [Magic Sense] at the max level, in other words, LV50.
  • Complete the Legacy Quest, Heaven's Trial, when all the above-mentioned requirements are fulfilled.
    • Note, if you clear the Legacy Quest before having the required skills, you will not be granted the [Empyrean Eyes] skill as a reward.

Requirements for reaching [Appraisal LV10]

  • For LV9: Fulfill the Legacy Quest, Falsehood Breaker.
  • For LV10: Fulfill the Legacy Quest. Master Appraiser.

=====================================================================

Including this was some papers that told how to fulfill all three Quests mentioned in the guide, as well as a list over those "Truth Eye" skills. Are they the opposite of Evil Eyes? Or maybe the opposite of Magic Eyes and some Heavenly Eyes are the rivals of the Evil ones? 

Whatever the case, Lux made a good choice with this skill. It needs both [Appraisal] and [Judging Eye], which is skills I got thanks to Skvalv and Virt. [Magic Sense] being a requirement is a little depressing when I think back on all the mess it made for me before I got the hang of it. 

The list of the Truth Eye skills is... just around 20? Ouch, that's not much. I've got [Judging Eye] already, so I'll cross that out. I'll filter out the skills that are not necessary for me, and start hunting for the good ones.

The requirements needed for obtaining the skills are even written on it. Just selling the information about those could give me a good chunk of cash. And, half of them have racial requirements. And none of them are related to demons. Dammit!

I'll read about the skills tomorrow. I'm mentally exhausted by all the crazy stuff that's happened these last days. I just wanna check out my skills before going to bed.

=====================================================================

SKILL LIST

Ability Skills: [HP Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW [HP Auto-Recovery LV1] NEW [MP Enhancement LV19]                                            [MP Reduced Consumption LV3] NEW [MP Auto-Recovery LV1] NEW [SP Enhancement (Small) LV35] UP1                                          [SP Reduced Consumption LV3] NEW [STR Enhancement (Small) LV2] NEW [VIT Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW                            [MAG Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW [RES Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW [SPD Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW                        [DEX Enhancement (Small) LV1] NEW

Attack Skills: [Assassin Arts LV26] [Mana Burst (Darkness) LV1] [Steal LV2] 

Magic Skills: [Light Magic LV21] [Darkness Magic LV2] [Shadow Magic LV32] [Basic Magic] NEW

Crafting Skills: [Thief Tool Creation LV8] [Assassin Tool Creation LV5] [Weaving LV3] UP2 [Poison Synthesis LV30]                [Medicine Synthesis LV30] [Thread Synthesis LV30]

Active Skills: [Stealth LV14] [Silence LV4] UP3 [Shooting LV22] [Aerial Movement LV1] [Ghost Step LV11] [Bloodlust LV5]    [Thread Control LV50] [Ultima Thread LV23] UP1 [Thought Acceleration LV38] UP2

Passive Skills: [Surprise Attack LV33] UP1 [Acrobatic LV17] UP1 [Magic Talent LV14]   [Battle Continuation LV4]  [Dismantling LV18] [Parallel Minds LV2] [Auto-Mapping LV2] [Golden Ratio] [Language Adaption]

Resistance Skills: [Darkness Resistance LV10] [Paralyze Resistance LV25] [Pain Resistance LV14] [Faint Resistance LV3]            [Heretic Immunity]

Perception Skills: [Magic Sense LV25] UP1 [Sense Foe LV21] [Appraisal LV8] [Judging Eye] 

Leadership Skills: [Teaching LV1] 

Racial Skills: [Albino] [Kin Creation LV1] [Kin Promotion LV1] [Demonic Vault LV3] [Lewd Demon LV1] [Transformation LV14]  [Body Replica LV1] 

Unique Skills: [Hydra, Dragon of Poison LV4] 

Elements: [Lesser Light Element LV17] [Darkness Divinity] [Shadow Element LV22] [Poison Element LV8] UP1

=====================================================================

Ability Skills are out of control now. They didn't go that much up from the escape from the Dungeon. Must be since I'm using my skills more than pure stats.

Now, I'm at my limit. I just wanna lie in my homemade hammock, and fall asleep. I've also made a duvet, and a pillow, all out of threads. Go me. 

Now then, good night.

Kigal-Note/Famous Monsters: Tris Clades

An S-rank chimera created by Flamel, the once leading alchemist organization on the Alhiraci continent.

The chimera was created by synthesizing the corpse of three different chimeras, were each owned three different attributes from each other. The synthesized corpse was then reanimated through necromancy.

Through the forced addition of 9 different attributes, plus the Death-attribute due to being resurrected as an undead, the chimera was granted unparalleled power. So much, that it broke loose from its restraints, and attacked its creators, destroying the Flamel organization, and starting its carnage towards the world.

The chimera, now named Tris Clades, is still loose on the Alhiraci continent and wracks havoc on whatever it sees. Its wake of destruction has turned the continent unlivable. Despite that, mankind has continued to send out their strongest warriors, in the hope of taking back the continent.

Its subjection has been going on for two centuries now, and have forced the Gods to create a barrier to prevent the chimera from escaping the continent. If it escaped, the chimera is bound to attack one of the continents closest to Alhiraci.

In the worst-case scenario of the chimera escaping the barrier, its escape could lead to a dispute between it, and its fellow S-rank monster, the Leviathan, that lives in the water around the three continents of Alhiraci, Noterra, and Enitum. This conflict would create massive damage to all the continents, and it is safe to say, that it would be the worst disaster in the history of mankind.

Tris Clades is also the origin for the name of the twelve Ultimate Disasters, who is rumored to have the same potential in destruction, albeit not in direct destructive powers as the chimera.

Alvatria's comment: That thing is so nasty, we were forced to overstep the rule we made of not directly interfering with the mortals. And the barrier was our best shot, without the whole 'crushing the continent along with the beast' mess.

137