P007 – The End of the Journey
557 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiding behind the corner of the opposite room, I fell asleep from the fatigue. I could sense the Antiviral worked as my muscles relaxed. The T-Virus and G-Virus slowly disappear from my systems. Though, I know this isn't quite correct. The Antiviral only make those viruses enter their dormant state, not killing it thoroughly. But this is more than enough for me to take control of those viruses as I wish.

It feels like turned into a superhuman without the need to worry about uncontrollable growth like William's.

In my sleep, I could hear people footsteps nearby me.

"Huh. That was easy..."

Hmm, that's Leon's voice. Did he took the G-Virus sample? In that case...

"Attention: Unauthorized removal of a [Level 4] virus detected. Facility lockdown initiated. Self destruct sequence will begin when lockdown is complete."

Wai...wait!? Whaaat?!

This is no time to be sleeping. Wake up me! Or else I will be buried and won't be able to wake up anymore!

I forcefully opened my eyes. My body feels rigid but I adapted quickly. I move toward the exit. However, I stopped before the door. Because  I heard gunshots and extremely frightening roar behind the door. It seems Leon is in battle with G3. Appearing right now only causes trouble for me. Let's wait until the battle is finished.

But... honestly, Leon... isn't this taking too much time?

It's already past 5 minutes and the sound of battle still can be heard. Can't you finish this under 30 secs?

Too long! The self destruct could be started anytime but you still wasting time?

Fortunately the gunshot stopped, and I could hear the sound of lift going up. Leon seems to speak something with Annette which a moment later, all sound stopped. I opened the door.

The G3... was devastated but I could see it slightly twitch. Perhaps it will evolve again to G4 and started to chase after Claire?

But, my real concern is... The platform is still at the below floor. And the lift that supposed in the lower floor is still there in the upper floor. How I could pass through the other side? I doubt my jumping could reach from this distance.

While I was wondering the solution, G3 moved. It grows bigger and lots of teeth sprouted from it's front, along with numerous eyes. I quickly hides from it's sight.

Uh... oh... The situation becomes grim. I didn't think my pistols and knives is enough to defeat that. But, the next moment, my worry wasn't needed at all. G4 clawed through the wall and creates another passage.

Hmm, if I follow him, perhaps he will go to Claire's location. Or more precisely, Sherry.

With that thought in mind, I jumped. My body seems strengthened quite considerably as I didn't feel anything even after jumping with this height.

Hehe, welcome to the world of superhuman, myself!

I followed G4's trail and arrived at the Turntable area, the place where the train is. It's just, the train, or rather, the platform of the train is actually a lift. And it keeps moving below, widening the distance with me further and further. If I jump out now, will my leg be okay?

Claire shoots G4 using a Minigun and the battle ended in no time. I guess I need to be quick or else I will be left behind and got buried with the lab. I had collected 8 knives in my entire trip up until now, if I stab the gap in the walls as I fall, I think that will reduce the damage.

And so... Leap of Faith!

Stab x1 400m

Stab x2 400m

Stab x3 400m

Stab x4 400m

...

Stab x8

My hand is already hurt and I run out of the knife, but there is still quite considerable distance. I gritted my teeth and brace myself for the impact.

BANG!

Owieee!

I landed on the platform. Fortunately my leg didn't snap or else it would be a trouble if it can't be healed, or worse, mutated into undesirable shape. It seems Claire and Sherry didn't notice my landing, so I can still hide.

The G4 in the side started to wriggle. I know... you will evolve again. But don't worry, I didn't have any intention to stop you at all.

I climbed to the roof of second carriage. This is a perfect spot to watch the battle versus G5. Shortly after, the train started to move. Suddenly Leon appeared, blasted lots of zombies with an Anti-Tank Rocket. He discards the weapon and run to chase the train.

Such pity, that weapon could have been extremely valuable asset to defeat G5.

Well, Claire still has the Minigun with her, it should be no problem.

And speak of the devil, tentacles has started to devour the last carriage. I watched in silence as bulk of flesh wriggled around. Gunshot could be heard from inside the train. From the noise, it should be Submachine Gun. I moved to the locomotive roof to relax.

Few moment's later, G5's tentacles snapped the 3rd carriage's roof, revealing the insides. The train almost tilted but fortunately it stabilized quickly. Thank goodness I grabbed tight so I didn't thrown away from the impact.

"Claire! We gotta lose that car!"

Leon shouted.

He opened the carriage's hatch and separated the 3rd car. Claire stabs G5 in the eye with a pipe.

"You like that? Goodbye, -er."

She leap back to the safe car train. The separated carriage engulfed by the explosion of self destructing facility, along with G5. But, for some reason, it's eye blinked before it destroyed by the explosion.

Shortly after, the sunlight appeared from the end of the corridor. The train arrived at the stop. Leon, Claire and Sherry get off the train and walked to nearby city. I keep hiding until they're gone from the sight.

Now, I already fixed my infection problem... with a very big bonus.

My body is filled with so much energy, I could run thousands of kilometers and probably I wouldn't even tired. I think the current me can stop a truck with just one hand. 

However, the question is... what should I do now?

Racoon City is definitely finished, by now the city should be carpet bombed by the government.

What could a homeless, penniless loli do alone?

Sigh, while deciding what to do in the future, I lay down in the train roof. After all the tension subsided, for some reason I felt very sleepy...

 

♠♠♠

 

.....

...

 

 

"...."

"Oh..."

 

 

"It's just a dream... "

"...To think I fell asleep after speedrunning 7 times in a row... But, I guess this1time to complete the speedrun is my limit."

 

 

*CRACK*

"Hmm, I didn't know my doorknob is so fragile... Must be made in China2No offense to China, but... I got scammed a lot from this country's stuff. PolyStation in my childhood is one good example.."

21