Chapter 108: The Imperial Capital Powerhouses
3.6k 0 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Refining pills was also a tedious and boring task.

After Xiao Ming failed the first time, it took almost five or six hours to finish refining the second batch of herbs again.

This time, there were no more problems during the fusion due to Xiao Ming's careful control.

However, when the final pill was about to take shape, there was a slight deviation, and the precious herbs were discarded once again.

Looking at the discarded herbs, Xiao Ming was a bit heartbroken, knowing that, if he had succeeded in making the Zong Breaking Pill at this time, then these additional precious herbs would have been his, but now, there was another batch missing.

"Unfortunately, the Zong Breaking Pill is much more difficult to refine than I imagined."

With a sigh, Xiao Ming did not rush to take the herbs and refine them again, instead, he relaxed his mind and went over the refining process of the previous two times in his mind, step by step.

Only after half an hour, Xiao Ming opened his eyes again with a clear mind, his gaze fixed on the medicinal ingredients.

"I guess it should be okay this time... otherwise, it's a bit of a blow."

With this thought, Xiao Ming moved the seal on his hand, and in the medicinal cauldron, the flames rose once again.

The flames leaped up and the red firelight shone on Xiao Ming's handsome face, showing a peculiar charm.

While Xiao Ming's hands went up and down, the precious medicinal herbs kept falling into the medicinal cauldron and were swallowed by the flames.

As time passed quietly amidst the swaying of the flames, like sand between the fingertips.

And on Xiao Ming's forehead, fine beads of sweat began to appear faintly, even he felt a little tired from the long hours of uninterrupted refinement.

This time, Xiao Ming had invaded the medicinal cauldron with almost all his soul power, and any movement inside could be detected by him at the first instant.

Under his intense attention, the numerous pure medicinal liquids in the medicinal cauldron began to gradually fuse together...

The fusion took place under Xiao Ming's various meticulous manipulations.

Fortunately, this time there was no mistake at this stage, and when the fusion of the medicinal liquids was complete, a mass the size of half a fist of glowing liquid appeared in the medicinal cauldron.

Xiao Ming was not relieved when he looked at the liquid mass with all kinds of medicinal powers mixed together, and his mind remained tense as his soul power controlled the fire to a perfect level, slowly cooling the temperature, causing the many medicinal liquids within the liquid mass to begin to fully condense.

As the liquid mass slowly shrunk and condensed, after about half an hour, the surface of the liquid mass began to gradually harden, and a prototype pill with an irregular surface slowly took shape...

Seeing it finally condense made Xiao Ming finally breathe a sigh of relief.

The most difficult steps had been completed, next, as long as the fire was maintained and the prototype pill was fully condensed, then the Zong Breaking Pill should have been successfully refined!

...

Not far away from the secret room, inside the living room under the same roof.

Zi Yan sat bored on a chair, holding the jade vial that Xiao Ming had left in her hand, and counted the pills left inside.

"One, two... eleven."

"Only eleven left, the candy... I mean, the medicinal pills are running out very fast! When Xiao Ming comes out, I must ask him to make more medicinal pills for me!"

In the seat next to her, Yao Ye looked at Zi Yan, who was muttering under her breath with a curious face.

"I see Master Xiao Ming is still giving you pills, are you sick Miss Zi Yan?"

Because Yao Ye had given Zi Yan two medicinal herbs during Xiao Ming's pill-refining seclusion, Zi Yan no longer ignored her, so after putting a pill inside her mouth, she said vaguely, "If I want to grow up, I have to eat medicinal herbs all the time and reach the Dou Emperor realm, otherwise, I will always look like a child."

'Eat medicinal herbs to grow up? Medicinal herbs are tremendously powerful, and there is no one other than magical beasts who can eat them raw, it doesn't make the body grow either does it?''

Yao Ye had a confused look on her face, but she soon thought of that sharp perception Zi Yan had shown when she encountered the Serene Sea Scaly Beast.

She couldn't help but think of a possibility in her heart, 'Could she be a magical beast that has taken human form?'

While thinking about this in her heart, Yao Ye did not ask, after all, this kind of identity question was a bit sensitive.

Swallowing another pill in her mouth, Zi Yan looked at the remaining medicinal pills in the jade jar, and feeling that she shouldn't have any more pellets to eat after today, a look of impatience immediately appeared on her face and her cheeks puffed out as she said.

"Xiao Ming, you've been in the secret room for three days, why haven't you come out yet?"

"Pill refinement takes a long time in itself, and even more so if it's two sixth-tier pills." Yao Ye smiled slightly upon hearing her words, her beautiful eyes slightly glanced in the direction where Xiao Ming's secret room was, and said, "It should still take a few days."

Yao Ye was aware that alchemists required a lot of time to refine, so this time as a customer, she considered herself patient.

This was not the case with Zi Yan, who had never had much patience.

When she heard that it would take several more days, she wanted to say something, but before she could speak, the whole room shook violently.

The sudden tremor also caused Yao Ye and Zi Yan to be slightly stunned, and then their eyes moved in the direction of the secret room, where an unusually dense energy fluctuation was rapidly taking shape.

"Looks like the refinement is going to succeed." Sensing the dense energy fluctuations, a flash of joy flashed across Yao Ye's beautiful eyes.

When some high-tier pills took shape, they caused a considerable commotion, and this was clearly the case now.

Zi Yan was also overjoyed when she heard what she said, didn't that mean that Xiao Ming would already come out?

"Although it is safe in the imperial city, there is no guarantee that there are strange and strong people who are just passing by and become greedy, and with this kind of commotion, I need to go to give some explanation to my people, so I will leave Miss Zi Yan alone for now."

Yao Ye said and walked out of the living room, leaving Zi Yan in her place.

Not long after her departure, the energy fluctuations in the secret room where Xiao Ming was staying increased to a terrifying degree.

Hearing an explosion sound, a pillar of energy shot straight out from the room, finally piercing the ceiling and heading straight into the sky.

Although this sudden pillar of light was not large, the energy fluctuations it caused attracted the attention of the powerful people in the imperial capital.

It did not take long for several winged elders to appear in the sky above the Imperial City.

As they took a closer look and felt the pure energy contained in the pillar of light, these old and experienced strongmen finally recognized the origin of the pillar of light, and several cries of astonishment rang out at once.

"This kind of vision seems to be someone making pills in the middle of the Imperial City."

"Although high-tier pills can cause some commotion, unless they are seventh-tier pills, the rest rarely have this kind of vision, right? Could it be that someone is refining a seventh-tier pill?"

"Impossible, when a seventh-tier pill is completed, the movement is much bigger than this, so it must be some rare higher-tier pill among the sixth-tier pills!"

"Tsk, a pill that can cause such a commotion is definitely not an ordinary item, I've never heard of an alchemist of this tier in the imperial family! Could it be the Pill King Gu He of the Misty Cloud Sect?"

"It can't be Gu He, I met him yesterday at Master Fa Ma's house, how could he have refined a pill of this tier in the blink of an eye?"

Indeed, after the voice fell, three other figures burst into the air and stopped not far away from them.

When the figures rose into the air, the ones who appeared were two old men and a middle-aged man.

127