CHAPTER 5:POST WAR AND RETURN
430 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The war has ended and we won. Who am I kidding, the war ended on a stalemate because even though some of us were able to survive the ambush while at the same time cutting down a lot of enemy soldiers, we are back at where we started with uncountable grudges against one another as an extra icing on the cake.

But anyway the war has no major development and I've heard a treaty is probably gonna be signed. Many people are against it but I think after 2 years of war there are even more people that want the war to end.

There is also the fact that both countries has lost to many people so continuing the war is not really smart right now. 

[I wonder how big Elena has gotten] I think as I walk.

[It has been 2 years since I've seen her last after all. I wonder if she misses me] I think a bit worriedly.

[When you don't know what to think you trust the flower] I think as I pick up a flower by the side of the road and start pulling the petals.

"She misses me" and I pull one petal,

"She misses me not" I say as I pull another petal.

While Tristan is in his dilemma, the wheel of fate keeps turning in a not so favourable direction for him.

Crown Prince of the Empire  POV

[Yesterday I received news from one of my men about an interesting story about a particular soldier of the empire, he seems to be the concubine son of one of our kingdom's nobles. He seems to be extremely strong despite his age and he was one of the major players in the war this time]

[My informant said he had eyes as red as blood with some strange markings in it, and he seemed to be able to see things even at the back of his head, it may sound strange but I think this may be because of those strange eyes]

[But the strangest part of the story is that he has an absurd healing ability and that he was stabbed in the heart but still survived and after a day he was completely healed and he didn't even have a single scar on his body, what is stranger is that his blood seems to have the ability to heal other people]

[With abilities like that could he be part of them…]

[Hmmm I should find out before I make a move, I shouldn't offend them for no reason, but if he has no relation to those people then this may be my chance to rise]

[Father seems to be supporting second brother lately like he's trying to push him to the throne, I need something that I can use to hold on to my position] I think as I stand up from my chair and I walk up to the window overlooking the castle and the city.

"Soon…" I say to myself as I look at the empire beyond, "Soon, I'll have this land in my hand"

Tristan POV

I stand outside my house, it's been 2 years and nothing seems to have changed on the outside.

[Did it always have this feeling of nostalgia around it or is it just me who feels it's different. Maybe war really did change me.]. I think. My heightened senses has picked up 2 people in the house, Probably mother and Elena.

[Thank God, I didn't want to have to deal with any other member of my insufferable family right now.] I think as I walk towards the door of the house before I stop.

[Hmmm maybe I should give them a surprise.] I think as I start moving towards the side of the house instead before reaching a window at the side of the house.

I stealthily jump inside the house from the side window and then start moving towards the kitchen where I felt someone before entering the  house. It should probably be mother in the kitchen. I tip toe into the kitchen and come up behind mother as she seems to be preparing a fruit mixture of some sorts, she's chopping apples.

I sneak behind her and then

"Boo"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" mother screams then jumps forward turns around and throw an apple in my face that I don't bother dodging. The apple hits me in the face and then drops to the floor, but mother doesn't seem to notice it as she steps forward and hugs me.

I hug her back as she seems to be crying, when I heard footsteps running towards the kitchen and then Elena comes running in, probably wondering why mother seems to have been screaming and then she sees me and screams

"BROTHER" and she runs and jumps into the hug and I catch her smiling.

[Ah, she remembered me, the flower is always right after all]. I think while hugging both of them.

"I missed you guys so much." I say to them.

"We missed you too brother." Elena says while coming out of the hug.

Mother also stops hugging me as she moves back and starts doing a full body inspection of me. Surveying if I have any injuries or bodily scars.

"I'm fine mother." I say as I put my hands up but mother doesn't seem to notice as she keeps surveying my body parts to see if they were all still in place. About a minute later she seems to be done checking me for injuries.

(A/N: Mothers and their excessive ways, but you still gotta love 'em right?)

She doesn't seem to know what question to start with so I simply say

"I'm fine alright, I'm okay and I'm back." That seemed to prompt the dam of questions to overflowing and she starts asking so many different questions about how I was. I carried Elena over my head and unto my shoulders while she is screaming in delight and start answering mother's questions while I walk out of the kitchen with both of them.

We later spend a lot of time catching up over dinner while I ask her and Elena how they've been and how things have been around here and if there has been any trouble or disturbances from the other side of the family.

We talk into the night until I notice Elena dozing off and I carry her into her bedroom while finishing off my conversation with mother.

I place Elena on her bed and as I am leaving I hear her saying

"Brother, don't leave again."

I turn around and pat her head and say,

"I won't."

I return to my room and lay on the bed thinking back upon my meeting with messenger of the first prince earlier today before reaching home. The invitation for a meeting with the first probably has to do with the fact that I achieved many merits during the war and he's probably already preparing for the fight for the throne.

I don't mind joining him because I'd probably have to pick a side after all and it could probably help me to get a stable job in the capital so I can keep my promise to Elena.

I could also become  farmer or blacksmith or something else but the abilities I have are tilted towards fighting and it'd be a shame not to use them after all, right?

10