CHAPTER 10: SKELETON FLAME GIANT
395 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I turned I felt something warm splash across my face as my eyes widened and an image I would never want to see got burned across my mind. The image of mother and Elena falling to the ground with no life in their eyes and blood all across their bodies from their neck down was what was playing across my mind as I just stood there dazed, too shocked to even move.

As I stood there time seemed to gradually slow down for me as my vision seemed to get better imprinting the images even further into my mind with greater detail.

Suddenly a sting from my eyes woke me up as everything in my eyes seemed to go blurry for a few seconds before returning to normal. Then I felt something running down my cheeks from my eyes, my hands moved unconsciously to my face and touched it and then came into the view of my eyes.

I was crying… blood?

That seemed to have brought me back to my senses as an unknown strength I never knew I had started welling up from deep down within me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" I screamed with all my strength as some sort of white aura that moved like white flames started forming around me and with a blast pushed all the nearby soldiers but as if purposely didn't touch the rapidly turning cold bodies of mother and Elena.

I slowly walked towards mother and Elena's bodies and knelt by them and taking them in my arms, I cried.

Suddenly someone shot an arrow at me and by the time I noticed it it was too late dodge and I didn't even want to.

All of a sudden a gigantic white skeleton arm shot out of the white aura that was surrounding my body and hit the arrow to the side. Everyone at the scene was shocked… but I was even more shocked.

I had this kind of power in my body all along?

If so why?

Why was I so weak?

Why did they have to die?

Why did I have to suffer such torture?

Why did I have to lose all that I held dear?

Why couldn't I change anything that just happened?

"WHY,WHY,WHY???" I screamed out.

I slowly stood up while putting mother and Elena's bodies down gently. I turned to face those bastards with only one word and one thought.

"KILL!"

I slowly started walking towards them and as I was moving the skeleton arm began to grow ribs of some kind around me and kept growing until it became a huge complete upper skeletal body that towered over me as I faced the king, second prince and their men.

My Eyes ached and hurt, It felt as if they were being pricked by a hundred needles but I could care less about that right now.

All I wanted right now was to kill those bastards and to do that I was going to squeeze out all the strength that I had right now because I could feel more deep down within me.

The king and his son were almost pissing themselves as they barely shouted "kill that monster!"

"RRRAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!" the soldiers shouted as a way to bolster themselves as it must be pretty unnerving to fight me right now.

The soldiers ran towards me and the archers shot their arrows towards me. The arrows whooshed as they arced in the air while coming down towards me.

The sounds of "clangs" as the arrows hit the skeleton giant form around my body but nothing went through the skeleton avatar.

But I was more focused on how I would kill the ones running towards me as I had no weapon but as I was thinking that the skeleton avatar materialized a huge long-sword in a sheath out of nowhere and with that it also started growing flesh,tissues and skin of that same white aura over its arms.

It then grabbed the huge long-sword in the air, using the right hand to hold the hilt and its left hand to hold the sheath. Then in a flash of light it drew the sword and slashed all that was in front of me.

"BOOM."

A shock wave hit the earth as everything in front of me was demolished to nothing and dust covered everywhere in view. Another swing in the air later and all the dust cleared from view.

What came into view was a demolished field with bodies , limbs, rocks and uprooted trees everywhere. I slowly walked forward and picked a sword from the floor and kept advancing forward.

I was looking over a battlefield when I heard the sound of loud coughs and I saw the king pushing the body of a royal guard off him as he sat up, but before he could even get the chance to look around he heard a sharp sound and then the world seemed to be spinning until he saw his headless body in the spinning world.

"Thud." was the sound of the king's head falling to ground. I moved my head around to look for the second prince only to notice that bastard trying to fake his death after using his guards as body shields to survive the first attack.

I walk towards him and grab him up, and him realizing that his game was up started  begging  me to le him leave.

"Please let me live. I'll give you anything you want. Money, women?"

I simply stabbed him because I didn't have the time or energy to answer him with a dialogue of how he took what mattered most to me because someone like him would never understand me, so why waste my saliva. I would have taken the time to torture him but I had more people to kill so.

I turned to face the forest where I noticed more soldiers coming from with the First Prince leading them, seems he just arrived.

Seeing that face squeezed more hate out of my heart as the skeleton avatar seemed to start growing flesh and tissue over the chest area towards the head. My eyes started hurting more feeling like I was being stabbed in the eyes with swords instead of needles but I  shrugged off the pain as my revenge would soon be complete as long as I killed him. I knew he had something to do with what happened and I was going to torture it out of him.

I could feel it. More power seemed to fill my body as the skeleton avatar grew more flesh. I was ready to step forward and wipe him and his army out when suddenly I felt a pain from the depth of my soul and a voice and ironically I recognized both.

The same pain that I felt when that system thingy bonded to my soul 1 month after my birth and the voice of that same system as the same blue screen appeared before my eyes.

[Error]

[Power above given limit exceeded]

[Error… Activating extreme protocols]

[Activating Celestial tier sealing technique Rebirth seal]

[Sealing…]

I finally understood. Why I was so weak, why I never had a chance to change anything. It was all because of this thing. I never had a chance right from when I was born till now. That damned Agares.

I could feel the power being covered up somehow and leaving my body slowly. I fall on one knee the pain and exhaustion finally beginning to affect me.

I turned to look at mother and Elena, I wish I could do something, most of the energy  left in my body suddenly disappeared and the pain in my eyes ramped up a lot for some reason, my vision suddenly becoming blurry.

[Seal activated]

That was the last words I heard before everything went black.

6