CHAPTER 25: EVOLUTION TO ADJUCHAS
277 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It is likely that the adjuchas I was eating right now would allow me to also evolve into an adjuchas but we'd have to wait and see.' I think as I call up the status screen to check my evolution process.

As I guessed it was full and the next second after that I fell to one knee as I seemingly lost almost all feelings in my legs.

I could feel my body slowly heating up. At first it was okay, then it became a bit too hot and right now it is unbearable as I can already feel like my insides are melting.

Next it felt like my skin was being peeled away piece by piece, then my bones felt like they are grinding to powder before it felt like it was being solidified again at high speed. Then my insides began their reconstruction as well and it ended with the feeling of new flesh growing before skins grew upon the new flesh.

Even after the process was over, I couldn't find enough strength to even open my eyelids as I laid sprawled out on the floor taking deep breaths.

As I finally opened my eyes to see the ceiling in the forest of menos, the ceiling didn't seem so close anymore.

Well, I was lying on the floor, but I was sure that I was no longer as tall as a gillian as I'm pretty sure that there are not many hollows with their normal forms as big as gillians out there.

I finally had regained enough strength in my limbs to move them, so I propped myself up and called the status screen up in my mind, as I'm pretty sure there was a function of a 3d image of myself that I purposely ignored before as I had no plan to view myself as a gillian before.

Auxiliary page

Name: Arie Houryu

Age:####

Race: Hollow(Menos-Adjuchas)

Body status: Mental degradation(controlled)

Skills:(Racial skills: Cero, Fire Manipulation, Garganta), (Learned Skills: Spirit sense, Energy masking), (Racial body skills: Hierro, Regeneration)

Progress until next evolution:[|_________________]

[3d image]

I had finally become an adjuchas and could now face a normal shinigami captain, but let's face it, all the shinigami captains of this timeline are monsters that should not be messed with, so I'd rather avoid them. Thankfully I'm in a place where they couldn't even come to at this particular moment.

I still have Cero though I'm willing to bet that it has become stronger. Fire breath seemed to have been upgraded to fire manipulation, probably means I no longer have to shoot out fire from my mouth if I don't have to, but I'll check it out later.

I finally have the garganta skill, it'll probably come in very useful later on, but I don't really need it right now. Sense seemed to have changed names or maybe it has upgraded, I can't really tell, and energy masking seems to be the same.

The one major thing to note is the mental degradation status, it probably is that like they said in the canon as adjuchas we have to continue eating more hollows or the hollows that were joined together to form us start devouring our mind from within until we revert back to being a gillian,  never to evolve again. Though it seems to be in a controlled state right now, it'd probably start acting up soon, so I better quickly get to it as I'd rather avoid reverting to being a gillian.

Now looking at the 3d image of me I saw that I literally just reverted to my former lizard like form with a few changes.

I was grey scaled now and my scales felt a lot harder and thicker, though that was probably due to the new body racial skill, hierro. I also now had some sorts of tribal type marks on different parts of my skin and on my newly reformed mask.

Another thing was that horns seemed to be poking out the the sides of my head behind the mask though they seem like they're not fully grown.

I finally stood up and my body felt lighter, a whole lot lighter. As I wanted to test out my new powers, I quickly used spirit sense and even though it got a name upgrade there was no difference in how it worked.

I quickly found some hollows close by, there were some normal hollows, some gillians and an adjuchas nearby. Since I was quite strong, I decided to do with the risky route first. So, I set off in the direction of the adjuchas.

As soon as the adjuchas came within my sight I tried to conjure a fire ball in the air and shot it at him. Luckily it worked the first time, probably because I started with the most basic way of using fire type spells.

I wonder how hollows get all this weird types of powers as elemental powers were especially rare among hollows.

The fireball hit the hollow and pushed him back a bit, but he was still standing and hardly even injured. I finally got a good look at him. He was green in color and looked humanoid except that he had scythe like arms.

'Hey, what is jack the ripper doing here? Were in bleach not black clover.' I think as I conjure another fire ball but make it a lot bigger this time and fire it at him again.

The ripper hollow had already found me and was running at me when I sent the fire ball at him. He didn't even let it get close to him this time as he sent what seemed to be a sickle shaped blade of wind at my fireball and cut it into two pieces and kept running at me as the fire extinguished.

'Oi oi, now he's using death scythe, did I get invited to the wrong world.' I still think as I try to form a wave of flames instead but it's taking too much time, so I stop forming it midway and decide to fight him physically, after all it's what I'm best at anyway.

We clash a few times, claws against scythes but neither of us got the upper hand so I decided to try  incorporating flame type attacks into my fighting style to take him by surprise.

Once again just after dodging a swipe at my head from the ripper I try to use the flame wave attack I failed to create the last time and surprisingly, it worked, and it worked pretty fast too.

With my new flame attacks, I slowly gained the upper hand but was no closer to winning because though they could surprise him, they lacked the crucial fatality to actually kill him so as I keep fighting him, I finally kick him some distance away into a quartz tree and ran after him.

Just as he was picking himself up from the floor after getting the wind knocked out of him, I stood a few metres away from him and pointed my index finger at him gathering condensed spiritual energy into a ball before releasing it at him.

"Cero."

*FWOOOOOOOOMMMM!*

The cero crashed into him and sent him flying some distance away.

I look at my index finger and

"Damn, too destructive." I said as I walked towards my now vanquished enemy because there was no way in hell that he was getting back up from that.

I walk up to his body and began eating him.

"Still tasteless, well what did I expect, though it'd actually be a bit disturbing if it had a taste."

I finish eating him and turn towards the hollows because now that I've become an adjuchas, I can't stop. No, I must not stop, or I'd revert to being a gillian again.

"It's going to take a lot of time." I said as I sighed and set my eyes on more hollows.

AND DONE. I'm writing here because a lot of people don't read the Author's thoughts, but yeah. I will be shortening the title to "THE DRACONIC PHOENIX(A Bleach fanfic)", but I'll leave the abbreviation and the picture so the original title is still there.

Thank you for reading and the next chapters will keep getting better as I'm going to start using more of the general POV soon as thanks to the comments, my writing style is getting better so thank you for all the truthful and hurtful comments, they helped a lot.

5