CHAPTER 26: FRUSTRATION AND INSPIRATION
270 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been six years since I've become an adjuchas and honestly speaking the last couple of years have been especially frustrating.

All was well and good the first 3 years as I continued growing stronger through eating hollows and filling up the evolution bar and even though it was slow, I was content enough to continue growing steadily but after the 3 years I encountered what I think is called a bottleneck and I can't seem to grow stronger.

For a little while the evolution bar was still filling up but even that stopped after another two month and since then I've been stagnant. No matter how many normal hollows, gillians or adjuchas I eat there is no improvement, the most that happens is that I can keep the mental degradation under control.

I've run out of options a long while ago with the only thing left for me to do are to either look for a way by going to the desert of hueco mundo or finding a way to eat a vasto lorde and we all know that that has almost no chances of happening as firstly they are too few in number and second if I ever did meet one I'd be looking for a way to escape rather than thinking of eating him.

The power levels difference in this bleach world is no joke. The difference between me and even the weakest vasto lorde is wide, way too wide for me to try to pull of some protagonist type shit of fighting across level.

There is another option where I look for the only vasto lorde that didn't eat hollows to evolve, Tier Harribel but there are way too many flaws in that plan. For one I don't even know if she exists here yet, two, while I do know she lived in a cave with her three fracciones after meeting them I don't know how long it'd take me to find a specific cave in whole of hueco mundo and third, I don't know what to actually do when I meet her, I mean I'd be lucky if we didn't get in a fight right away that would end with me dying, as hollows were not exactly known for their friendliness.

I still don't even know why I've stopped evolving for a fact. It could be that I need to wait if it was time based, or I needed to realise something or something along that line but it also could mean that I just wasn't meant to become a vasto lorde as I remember there was some particular hollow that came up with some sort of theory along that line after eating three thousand hollows.

I could also say fuck it and try to break my mask to see if I can become an arrancar but the likelihood of that happening is way too low as even in canon there was very few naturally formed arrancars and most of them were not able to be developed fully. Though I will try to go down that path as well I plan to have at least first become a vasto lorde  with vast power.

Since I don't have much of an idea about the best path to take I'd follow the path I've followed all along, the grimmjow method. I need to find a way to find a vasto lorde and kill him and eat him… or her

(A/N: [smiles], I see that our MC is a man of culture as well)

The moment I move out of the forest of menos and move to the surface world of hueco mundo, mental degradation will probably start since I'm pretty sure that hollows are kinda scarce up there and without being able to maintain my consumption rate my mind will slowly start being eaten by the other hollows that I'm an amalgamation of. So, I need to find a vasto lorde and I need to find him fast.

The problem is where, as there isn't especially any landmarks in hueco mundo…, oh wait there is one but it's the one place I want to avoid as while there is a vasto lorde in that place, it is the one vasto lorde that I'd hate to meet with the most.

Barragan is a hateful hollow that wants to rule over hueco mundo and is also an egoistic bastard that doesn't like threats to his power so any powerful hollows that he comes across either dies or joins his army, so you'd understand why I don't want to meet him as I'm not interested in the carrier of his throne position.

'Unfortunately, there is no vasto lorde in his army as they are all to prideful to work under him so he usually goes after them to kill them like he did for harribel…, wait, harribel probably wasn't the only vasto lorde hollow that he must have gone after so if he is currently going after a vasto lorde or will go after one in the near future I could make use of that.' My mind loses a bit of stress as I think of that.

'But if I'm gonna involve myself in a conflict between two vasto lordes' I'd have to be extra careful so as not to get sent to the grave as soon as I show up.' My brows furrowed as I think even further but as I can't make plans without knowing the actual situation, I set out for the surface world of hueco mundo.

I won't really miss the underworld as it's so dark and dreary down here, but hey it's dark up on the surface world too.

I get out from underworld to once again step on the vast gray sand dunes.

(A/N: Cue the music, MC is on another chapter of his life)

"Now what direction is Las Noches?"

(A/N: [fall on my face])

5