CHAPTER 31: EVOLUTION TO VASTO LORDE
270 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stepped out of the garganta and fell onto the sand as I still held Velocidora, but I quickly stood up and held her upright before elongating my left arms claws and then heating them up as I wanted to quickly kill her before she could begin to recover.

She quickly began to shake while trying to get out of my hold, but I made sure to hold onto her well. Luckily, I seemed to have greater physical strength than her since she was more agility based, as her cat-like evolution showed.

"You, you planned all of this, you were the follower Barragan was talking about." she suddenly managed to say.

"Ding dong, but you don't get point's for getting the answers though." I answered back as I brought my heated claws up towards her face.

"Why?" she asked

"Why? I want to eat you, what else do you think I'd want from you." Suddenly she started blushing heavily. At first, I wondered why, then I realized she must have gotten my meaning wrong.

"You… have a dirty mind, even if I wanted to actually eat someone up it'd be harribel and not you, ironing board." I said as I plunged my claws into her face, breaking her mask and killing her.

I brought her body to my mouth and began to eat her body piece by piece. As I was devouring up her body, I felt like somewhere inside me, there was a reserve of spiritual energy that seemed to be locked away and was slowly being unsealed as I ate every piece from her body.

Soon I finished eating her and I felt myself being washed over and filled up with spiritual energy. I was about to call up the status page to check whether the evolution progress had increased when I suddenly heard a heartbeat.

Then I heard even more heart beats, they were my heartbeats. This was the first time I had heard my heartbeat since I came to this world.

Suddenly it stopped and then all strength seemed to leave my body as I fell backward and into the sand. My skin, precisely, my scales began to tear off my skin and I felt my bones breaking and my size reducing, like I became more compact.

An astonishing amount of spiritual energy started to be poured out of me and it caused a great spiritual to bear down on the surroundings, blowing sand everywhere. Shockingly I could see my spiritual energy's color now, it was white, a white so pure it seemed like it could wipe away all the dirt in the world.

Then the pain hit me, the pain from having my body remodeled, the pain from having my spine being reshaped, the pain from having all my scales being removed and the pain from having it all reformed.

For the first time since I came to this world, I wanted to die, I couldn't cope with the pain. I couldn't die or everything I had done and gone through would have been a waste. So, I screamed.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…"

The process of evolution to vasto lorde lasted for a really long while. It was way longer than all the others I had gone through.

When it was finally over, I just closed my eyes and went to sleep for a while. I was exhausted, too exhausted.

As I slept, I saw some things about me, I saw a me that came to this world through a void crack, I saw him splitting me from himself by breaking the soul chain and I finally knew that I was meant to become stronger and then go back to face the original me and I knew how to find him. After that I woke up.

The memories were crucial but short, too short. I feel like there should have been more but I couldn't uncover it. Could it be that I still am not strong enough. At this rate even becoming an arrancar will not unlock all the memories so I have to meet the original and soon.

Also, 'I'm a clone, what a bummer.' I think as I finally seat up and the first thing I noticed was that I had I had my hair back. It had kind of worried me when I became adjuchas and my hair was missing so I didn't mention it, but now my beautiful, long and lush white hair is back.

I called out the status page in my head,

Auxiliary page

Name: Arie Houryu

Age: ####

Race: Hollow (Menos - Vasto Lorde)

Body status: good

Skills:(Racial skills:Cero, Greater Fire Manipulation, Garganta, Sonido), (Learned Skills:Spirit sense, Energy masking), (Racial body skills:Hierro II,Ultra Fast Regeneration)

[3d image]

"At least I now know what auxiliary page means." I think as I look at the first line on the status screen.

I was now back to my human size I noticed as I stood up, I no longer felt my tail, but I felt something else strange, so I looked to check and my tail was gone, but now I had wings and my hollow was still in the middle of my chest.

I also looked at my mask to notice that it looked a lot like harribel's arrancar mask with the teeth and all, but it covered my forehead and the sides of my face but left the space between my mask the mask and the forehead bare. My body was covered in skintight dragon scale type armor with some smooth parts that made for a really good design.

I look at my powers next, it seems that the only new skill I got is sonido and the rest received upgrades like my hierro and my regeneration skill and I'm pretty sure that my cero must have powered up as well.

'My fire manipulation also upgraded to Greater Fire Manipulation and while I don't know what that means yet I can find out later. The learned skills don't seem to have received any upgrades but it's pretty ok.' I think as I look at them.

Now I needed to find out how to try to become an arrancar, I could simply just try breaking my mask but that's just being stupid, so I needed to find either stark and ask him or find harribel and try to use her way of evolution to derive the next path.

But I can't use all my time to do that, so I'll use five years to look for them and if I don't make any progress in becoming an arrancar, then I'm going to meet with the original.

5