Chapter 2
215 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After freaking out for a little bit, I take a deep breath before opening up my skill section. There are two skills and perks inside of it.

Swordsmanship (Beginner) Passive Level: 1
Beginner -> Amateur -> Journeyman -> Master -> Grandmaster -> Legendary
You know how to slash and stab using a sword. You are a literal toddler in swordsmanship

 

Child of the Void Perks Level: Max
You are a creation of a being of a Void. Your existence makes any Rune (Suikoden) willing to attach itself to you. You are the Father to all runes, for you are the creation of the Void itself.
Effect: All Rune (Suikoden) will accept you as their master and give you their strength, a 200% bonus to all spells when using the Rune (Suikoden), and let you survive the Void.

 

These two skills are good. If I'm in the world of Suikoden, the second skill (Perk?) is a must because people have a different affinity to each rune. I can get stronger if I can attach all the runes to my body.

The first one is an excellent skill to have in this type of world. Swords are reliable and good weapons for a beginner. I know instinctively how to swing and stab using my sword. That should be enough for now.

I needed to learn a good stance and how to hold my sword correctly, but it should be enough.

Also, what about the second one? Does the Void create me? Does Trok change my body?

I take out my sword from its sheath and look at the reflection on its blade. My brown hair is now gone, replaced by black hair that shines under the sun. My blue eyes are also gone and replaced by red eyes.

I also just noticed that I'm a little bit taller than before. Previously, I was 178 cm or around 5'10, but now I'm about 187 cm or about 6'2. My body is also fit, too fit than my previous body. I was not fat or anything but was not as fit as this body either. I have a six-pack, for goodness sake.

I shake my head and put away my sword. There is only one thing before I can explore this world.

"Quest"

A second later, the panel appeared in front of me.

Win the Sacred Games Chain Quest
The biggest tournament in the entire Queendom of Falena is about to start. Join the tournament and become the Champion!
Task 1: Search the way to join the tournament Deadline: 8 days
Reward 1000 Shop Points
Failure A longer Questline

This must be the main quest. The failure is not much, but I don't know how long the questline will last if I fail this quest. As for the Sacred Games… I'm in the Suikoden 5 timeline. It looks like I will be involved in the civil war between Godwin and the Royal Family.

Urgh. I will think about them later. For now, the other quest.

Light exercise! Daily Quest
100 push up, 100 sit-ups, and 1 kilometer run every day!
Reward 200 Shop Points
Failure None
Road to improvement Daily Quest Limited Time: 7 Days
Swing your beginner sword 100 times a day
Reward 10 Shop Points and a slight boost to your swordsmanship skill
Failure None

 

Preparation for the tournament Daily Quest Limited Time: Until Sacred Games is over
Hunt thirty monsters around the world
Reward  100 Shop Points
Failure None

There are three daily quests that I can do for my time here. Sadly, the other two are limited for a certain amount of time. Also, thirty monsters, huh? I will do that after training for a day or two. For now, I need to search for some civilization.

Lucky for me, I can see a small town not too far away from me. So I start to walk toward the town.

After a few minutes of walking, I can see a giant boar looking straight at me before charging me.

I quickly dodge to the left and look at the board, changing direction. I look around for a few seconds before seeing a tree. I have an idea.

I quickly ran toward the tree and left the tree behind me. When the boar gets closer, I quickly dodge to the left and see the boar hit the tree. As the boar was stunned from hitting the tree, I quickly dashed forward and thrust my sword.

I use my body to move the sword downward and make the wound even bigger. After a few seconds, the boar fell to the ground, dead. I release a sigh and look at the corpse in front of me.

Should I butcher it? It will be messy because there is still a lot of blood inside, but I can get some emergency food if I store them inside my inventory. You know what? Let's bleed it out for a moment.

For now, I need to see the notification next to me.

Congratulations! You killed Brown Boar!
You get 1 Shop Points

Huh! Neat. I open up a shop and notice that I have a hundred and two points inside. A hundred was given to me by Trok and the two points from killing the boar. I searched for a rope in the shop and found it—a ten-meter-long rope for one Shop Point.

After buying it, I tie the boar on the tree and let the blood flow.

~A moment later~

I wipe away the sweat from my forehead and nod my head. I'm glad I worked in the butcher shop in my previous life. Pig and boar have the same structure, mostly. I put the meat and the skin of the boar inside my inventory and leave the rest of the bone behind.

However, the bone disappeared into a mote of light before I could walk away. What? How? Why is the bone gone?

I quickly check my inventory and check if the meat and leather are still there. They are still inside my inventory. What is happening? Hmm… This needs some investigation. I hope that town has some public libraries I can use.

8