Chapter 3
167 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, I'm in a small town called Haud Village. If I had one word to describe it, it would be unique. This town was founded by Salum Barrows, the Lord of this region, for the purpose of providing the artists of Falena an outlet for their creativity, giving them the full design of the village.

Spoiler

Haud Village Map

[collapse]

Because there are a lot of artists in the Queendom of Falena, there are a lot of completely opposite designs clashing against each other.

I shake my head and walk toward the nearby guard before saying.

"Excuse me?"

"No. You can't meet Lord Barrow even if you claim that you are a famous artist."

"Ah, I'm not an artist."

The guard looked at me in shock before saying.

"If you are not an artist, why are you here?"

"Ah, I'm just exploring the Queendom, you see? I'm an adventurer."

"Oh! An Adventurer! It's been a while. I used to be an Adventurer like you but I took an arrow in the knee if you know what I mean?"

Is that a Skyrim reference? I decided to ignore that and say.

"Of course. Who is the lucky lady?"

"Ohohohoho! She is from Rainwall and she is the most beautiful lady I have ever met. She gave me my bundle of joy, Cilia!"

And he rants about how he loves his daughter and how she will become a great lady or something. I wait for a few seconds before he stops talking.

"Ahem. Sorry about that. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

"I want to ask where the nearby inn is and if there is a public library in this place."

"Of course! The inn is not too far from here. Just take the left path and keep walking until you see the last building, which is the Inn. As for the public library, you can go to the center of the village. It was the biggest building in the entire village."

"Thank you for your help."

"No problem! It is nice to see someone other than the so-called artist in this place."

I give him a smile and walk toward the library first.

=||=

The library is big, but most of them are about how to be an artist. The books in this library are how to carve wood or stone, how to draw and how to sing. Lucky for me, there are basic books about monsters and other things.

"Let's see. A monster's corpse will disappear into mana once again after they are defeated. Because of this, you need to harvest anything you can before it disappears quickly. Usually, it takes ten minutes before they disappear but sometimes an abnormal monster can take a little bit longer. The more powerful the monster, the longer it takes to disappear. You need to burn or completely destroy the corpse of a powerful monster because the other weaker monster will come and eat the corpse. If this happens, there is a big chance they will evolve into a stronger monster. I see."

It was not something weird for the monster to disappear. Also, does this world have an animal and not only a monster? I take the book with the title 'Monster and Animal, their relationship' before reading them.

After reading for a few minutes, I learned that monsters and animals are very different. The animal in this place is more docile and will not attack humans if they are not disturbed or if their offspring get threatened. They did not attack each other and will ignore each other's presence.

If the creature did not attack you first, it was an animal, but if it attacked you first, it was a monster.

I also learned that monsters are creatures from other worlds shaped using mana in the air. Many of the monsters can be eaten, but some cannot be eaten because they are either creatures without flesh or poisonous.

After reading for another ten minutes, I put the books back into the bookshelf and walked out of the library.

This time, my destination is the Inn. After a few minutes of walking, I arrive in front of a three-story tall building and get inside. I hold my grimace when I step inside the inn. The room is filled with many weird sculptures and paintings. There are beautiful paintings on the wall, but most are weird, and some are even downright terrifying.

I walk toward what the inn owner looks like and says.

"Good afternoon."

"Welcome to the Seven-Colored Flower Inn! What can I do for you?"

Weird name, but okay.

"How much for a room?"

"A standard room will be 100 Potch a day excluding food, if you want food it will be 130 Potch. We also have a large room with a bigger bed and personal bathroom for 220 and 250 Potch if you want it with food."

"I will take the bigger room and with food."

"For how long?"

"Two days for now."

"That would be 500 Potch. Please put them down in this basket."

I raise my eyebrow and take out the money from my 'pocket' before placing them inside the basket. When the money gets inside the basket, I see a number appear on top. Huh. Convenient.

I take out the money needed and wait for the man to return from the backroom.

"Ah, good."

He took back the basket and put a key on the table before saying.

"There is still leftover food from the breakfast, do you want some?"

"Yes, please."

"Very well. Sadly, we did not serve lunch freely and only served breakfast and dinner for your room. Breakfast is from five to seven and dinner is from six to eight."

"Sure."

After waiting for a minute, the owner returned with a food tray. I can see some sort of stew, bread, and meat skewer.

"Here you go. For the drink, what do you want? Beer or some juice?"

"What kind of juice?"

"Orange."

"I will take the beer."

"Coming right up!"

I eat the food and see the owner put down a tankard full of beer.

"Do you know where I can get a ship that can take me to Sol-Falena?"

"Sol-Falena? Well, you are in luck. There is one ship that should depart to Sol-Falena in two days. "

"That is not just because I stay here for two days, isn't it?"

"No. I'm not lying. We did not have many ships that took people to Sol-Falena because they usually used land transport rather than a boat."

"I see. How much is it for the ship?"

"The ship? I think it was around two hundred Potch."

"I see."

"You want to join the Sacred Games, huh?"

"Oh? How do you know?"

"There is only one kind of person who wants to go to Sol-Falena this time of the year, and it is the people who try their luck in the Sacred Games."

"Do you know how to join the Sacred Games?"

"Hmmm, sure. Just go to the Sol-Falena and walk toward the Sun Palace. There should be an official who takes care of the registration. If there are no people outside the Sun Palace, you can go to the building just outside the Sun Palace. That is the place for the registration."

"You know awful a lot about this matter."

"Hah! I was one of the officials before but decided to retire and go here to become an artist."

"I see."

Quest Completed!
Win the Sacred Games Chain Quest
Task 1 Search the way to join the tournament
Reward 1000 Shop Points

It looks like this man is telling the truth.

Win the Sacred Games Chain Quest
Task 2 Join the Sacred Games within 10 days
Reward 1000 Shop Points
Failed Longer Questline

I nod my head and say.

"Thank you for your information."

"Nah. Think nothing of it. However, the elimination stage is hard, you know?"

"Elimination stage?"

"Aye. You need to fight the other fighter to appear on the big stage. Many people fall into this stage. You need to be powerful to be able to win your chance to fight on the big stage."

"I see."

I nod my head and say.

"Thank you for your information, sir. Can I ask where I can sell the part of the monster I hunt?"

"Well, you can sell it to me if you have some meat from the boar-type monster. I also accept some rabbit and cow monsters. As for the other, you can go to the General Store just behind the library. It was a building in the middle of the village."

"Thank you."

After eating all the food, I walk out of the village and go to the forest nearby. I need to train.

8