Chapter 4
144 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wipe away the sweat from my forehead as a notification appears in front of me.

Congratulations!
Light Exercise! Completed
Reward 20 Shop Points
Congratulations!
Road to improvement! Completed
Reward 10 Shop Points

I can feel my entire body hurting from the exercise. I release a sigh and get up from the ground. The only thing I need to do is to hunt thirty monsters before the day is over. I take my sword from the ground and walk around the forest.

I asked the guard about the monster, and they said that monsters usually appear in the forest near the village.

As I walk around for a few minutes, I hear a movement coming from my back. I quickly jump away as I see a white blur fly past me. A second later, I can see a bunny with a horn on its head standing not too far away from me.

When the rabbit jumped at me, I thrust my sword forward and saw it dead on the tip of my blade.

"They are really stupid, huh?"

That is another difference between an animal and a monster. Animals have a sense of danger, while monsters do not. They will keep charging forward and try to kill any living being (other than animal) in sight.

They did not know how to dodge an attack that could kill them immediately. So instead, they only think about how to kill their enemy as fast as possible.

I kneel on the rabbit and start to harvest all the valuable items on its body. The meat, the hide, and the horn are something I can harvest. After a few minutes, I'm done and wander around the forest again.

=||=

Congratulations!
Preparation for the Tournament Completed
Reward 100 Shop Points

I bite the smoked rabbit meat and open up my stats.

Name Ryan Ferdinand
Shop Points 1370

I open the shop and scroll down the list of items I can buy with my current points. Among them is the money of this world.

1K Potch 1 Shop Points
Main Currency of Suikoden World
Buy? Y/N

I press the no button and keep scrolling. I can see a lot of swords and other weapons like spears and axes, but I don't want to buy them just yet. I need something that can help me in my training.

I type something on the search button and look at the result.

"Let's see… There are a lot of potions that can increase my overall power but it is not really good because they can disappear after a few years. I want something permanent. Let's see… Aha! Found it."

Exhaustion Training Potion 700 Shop Points
A training potion that can make your body adapt faster than any other race. This Potion can help you get more results in your training but beware. There is a reason why this Potion is called the Exhaustion Training Potion. It can make your body adapt faster to the strain you put it into, but it requires a LOT of energy. If you do not have enough energy to fuel this effect, you will die from exhaustion or, even worse, be crippled for life. However, if you carefully manage your food intake and training, you can get the result of three months of intense workout if you use it correctly
Duration The effect last for ten hours
Buy? Y/N

This Potion is good, but I need a lot of food when I use this Potion to train. I can buy the money in the shop and use it to buy a lot of food from the local restaurant or something cheap but full of carbohydrates.

There is also this Potion.

Blackout Training Potion 500 Shop Points
A training potion that boosts your gain from all your physical training. This Potion will increase your body's adaptability to the strain you put it into and make you grow stronger. However, after the effect of this Potion is over, your body will forcefully shut down. You will get forty-eight hours of sleep and cannot do any strenuous physical activity for seven days. If you decide to do that, your gain will be cut in half, and your body will enter a Weak State. Your body will have the strength of a toddler for this Weak State duration. Other than that, you will enjoy a month of intense training if you use this Potion correctly
Duration The effect last for five hours
Buy? Y/N

This one is safer than the last one, but it needs me to not do anything for more than a week, and I don't have that kind of time. I only have ten days to complete my next mission, and I'm the type of person who does not want to prolong my assignment.

I would rather complete my current mission first before doing other things.

After thinking for a few seconds, I took the first Potion and ten thousand Potch. I decided to continue my hunt with the Potion and the money inside my inventory. Tomorrow will be the day I focus on training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV| |The next day|

Lixian, the owner of the Inn in Haud Village, looks at the man in front of him, who devours all the food as if he has never eaten in his entire life.

"Are you really that hungry, lad?"

This young man is Ryan, who just drank the Potion he bought yesterday and just finished his first hour of training. He just finished clearing his daily quest, and now he needs to eat something.

"Yes. I just started training and I need a lot of energy."

"Oh? For the Sacred Games?"

Ryan nods his head and says.

"Yes."

Ryan swallows the last food and gets up from the chair.

"Thank you for the food."

"No problem, lad. Come back when you feel hungry."

"I will"

Ryan gets out of the inn and starts to run out of the village. Last night, Ryan decided to buy something more to help his training. He decides to buy a pair of ankle weights, seven kilos each.

He buys it for three Shop Points and is equipped right after drinking the Potion. He gets out of the village and goes back to the forest to the east of the village. When he sees a wolf charging at him, he takes out his sword and dodges to the left before swinging down his sword.

In a single swing, the wolf falls to the ground, dead. However, before he could do anything, the rest of the pack arrived and attacked Ryan simultaneously. Rya grit his teeth when two of the wolves manage to bite into his legs, even when he is moving around as fast as he can.

Ryan stabs the wolf biting his legs, and quickly dodges to the right, then swings his sword at the incoming wolf. He then takes out a knife from his inventory and stabs the last wolf.

As the last monster falls to the ground, Ryan releases a sigh and sits on the ground, panting.

"Bloody hell. Where are all these wolves coming from? Yesterday, there were only rabbits and boars."

Ryan opens up the shop and searches for some potion or something to heal him. He knows that something in the Suikoden world can heal him, just like in the game. After searching for a few seconds, he found it.

 

Healing Medicine 100 Shop Points
A medicine that boosts your cell regeneration to let your injury heal faster
Buy? Y/N

He pressed the yes button and then gulped the Potion down.

He can see his injury close quickly, and he is ready to go once more in a matter of a second. Ryan looks at his points and decides to buy three more potions before the hunt.

After buying the potions, he can hear something coming from his left, and a second later, he can see a giant bear appear in front of him.

With a smile, Ryan dashes forward and starts the battle.

7