Chapter 8
111 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Kyle - Queen's Knight POV|

"And that is all, your highness."

I see the Queen nod her head and say.

"Zahhak. I need you to take some of our knights to the village and investigate this matter. I want to know the reason why they abandon their station even after knowing there will be a monster surge coming."

My senior, who is always stoic, nods his head and says.

"Of course, your highness."

"Bring them here as fast as you can. They need to face the justice of the divine."

I frown a little when I see a small shine on the queen's forehead and the glint in her eyes when she says justice. She has been doing this since she took over the Sun Rune for herself. She starts to lose control when she thinks and says about justice.

I give a quick glance at the Queen's knight commander and see him also notice that. Good. At least the Queen's husband will take care of this. I don't want something similar to the Lordlake Purge happening once more.

I become the Queen's knight to protect the innocent, not kill them.

"As for your sir Kyle."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"You said that a man was helping the villagers, yes?"

"That's right, your majesty."

"I want you to find him and give him a reward."

"Of course, your majesty."

"Hmmm, make it extra because of how you take away the loot he hunts."

I wince a little. Yeah, it was my fault. I'm too focused on reporting this news to the Queen and ignoring an adventurer's number one unwritten rule. Never steal someone's loot. It was terrible for your reputation.

"I will make sure the reward is suitable for all the loot we take."

"Good. Talk to our treasurer about all the goods you get from his share of monsters he defeats."

"Yes."

"Good. Then you guys are dismissed."

All the Queen's Knight bow for a second before walking away from the throne room.

Now… How in the hell can I search for someone in this massive city? Urgh. This will take a long time.

Or I could visit that village once more. So yeah, let's go with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I release a sigh and feel the effect of the potion wearing off. After getting left behind by the knights, I continue hunting more monsters in this forest for a few more hours until the sun sets down.

I walk toward the village near the forest and meet one of the knights I saw earlier.

"Oh? You guys did not go back to Sol-Falena?"

The guard shakes his head and says.

"No. Sir Kyle told us to stay here for a day or two until he took care of the problem with this village's guard."

"I see. Then good luck with your assignment."

"Ah, wait a second. Can I ask how many monsters you fought after we left?"

How does he know? I look down and notice that my body is filled with yet dried blood and a new wound on my body. I guess that was an easy answer.

"Around twenty? Mostly boar and wolf."

"Twenty? Do you think it was more or less?"

"More."

"Got it. We will report this to sir Kyle tomorrow morning."

"Can I ask why?"

"Well, there is a chance of another surge of monsters if there are more than fifty monsters spawning in one area."

"I see."

A jackpot. It looks like I can stay in this area for a few more days to train. I wave at the guard and walk to the inn near the entrance. I walk toward the owner, a middle-aged woman with brown hair and black eyes, and say.

"Excuse me, is there any room left?"

"Sure. How long will you stay?"

"How much for a room?"

"Sixty a night or eighty if you want food with them."

"I will take a room with food."

"How long?"

"Hmmm… Three days. Three day for now."

"Of course. Please place the right amount of money in this basket and fill out this guest list."

I nod my head and take out the right amount of money from my inventory. Seeing the money in the basket, the owner picked up a key and put it in front of me.

"This will be your room key. Your room is on the second floor, there is the number on the key. Please bring the key when you want to take your food. As for the food, we only serve breakfast and dinner. Breakfast will be from 6 AM to 8 AM while dinner will be from 7 PM to 9 PM."

"Got it. Thank you."

I take the key and get inside my room. As I stepped inside my room, I could see it was very different from the one in Haud Village. This room is rather bland and only painted with white paint. Not only that, it only has a small bed, table, chair and wardrobe inside. There is not even a personal bathroom inside the room.

Well, I cannot complain. Different prices have different services.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was already seven past fifteen PM. I sniff my clothes, and boy, it smells awful. I need to go to the bath and ask the owner if he also offers a laundry service.

I check my inventory for a second and nod my head. I have a pair of clothes left. I open up my shop and search for my bathing necessities like shampoo and soap. The first time I tried to buy shampoo and soap, I was shocked to see that it cost a lot of money to buy shampoo in the General store.

It looks like only mid to upper-class people use shampoo. As for soap, it was relatively common, but unlike on earth, it did not have any smell. The commoner in this place is relatively clean. I thought the medieval time was a place where shit was everywhere from reading many articles saying that.

I shake my head and walk downstairs. However, as I arrive on the first floor, I can see Kyle talking to the inn owner.

"Ah, here he is."

The owner said that after seeing me. When Kyle looks at me, he smiles widely and says.

"Ryan! Good! You are here!"

"Errr, sir Kyle?"

"Bah! Call me Kyle!"

I nod my head and say.

"What can I do for you, Kyle?"

"Ah, I come here to give you a reward."

"Reward? For what?"

"For killing the monster surge after all. Because of you, the villagers are safe and we have enough time to arrive in time."

"Wait! He is the one holding back the monster?!"

The owner shouted and looked at me with a shocked face.

"Oh? He didn't tell you? Ryan over here is the one killing at least forty monsters all by himself."

I sigh a little when the owner looks at me in a different light.

"Anyway, what do you want?"

"Pardon me?"

"The Queen asked me to grant you a reward. As long as it was not too outrageous she was willing to give it to you. Money? Title?"

I think for a few seconds before saying.

"I want a Water Rune."

3