Chapter 12
205 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seventy people in one massive arena are battling with each other. How in the fuck did they take care of the injured? Will they leave them to die? I shake my head and take out my sword. I don't know what happens to the people who lose consciousness or how the others are ready to cut their heads off. I need to make sure not to lose in this place.

When I hear the sound of a gong, the people in this arena start hitting each other.

I quickly open up my shop and search for a sneaking skill. Finally, after searching for a few seconds, I found something good.

|Mist Breathing Technique| |Passive| |4700 Shop Points|

|A breathing technique that lets you blend into nature and make others ignore you. It will not make you invisible, but they will ignore you. However, if the people concentrate on you, they will know you are there. The higher level you get, the more powerful the effect.|

|Buy?| |Y/N|

I quickly buy it and grunt a little when my head is bombarded with knowledge. After getting the skill, I quickly used it. I take a deep breath and follow the energy flow around me for a few seconds.

I can see the people around me start to ignore me, and I can even see a couple of people three meters away from me fighting. Finally, after a minute of fighting, one of them loses his balance and falls to the ground. His opponent raises his ax and is ready to kill him.

However, before he can get killed, his body glows and disappears. The only thing left behind is his card. I see. That is why the guard told us to bring our cards and make sure not to lose them.

I continue to watch the chaos in front of me and wait for the number to decrease.

After forty minutes of waiting, only five men were left in the area, six if you include me. I decide to get up from the ground and take out my sword. I cancel my skill and join the other five men. I can see they are glaring at me when they see that I did not have any injury on my body.

However, they quickly look at the other as well. This is free for all fights, after all. Only three more people need to go, and we have a winner. With dash, I reignite the fight. I met a young man holding a shield and sword in his hand.

He managed to block my attack, but I know that he is worse for wear. He is on his last leg. I can see him shaking after taking a single blow from me. Seeing my chance, I decided to continue to strike him.

My body starts to get lighter and faster as the passive effect of my sword takes effect. My sword started to move faster and faster. This is the power of speed. Even a pebble can be lethal when it moves at the speed of sound.

I keep attacking him and block any attempt he tries to counterattack. Finally, after a minute of a continuous barrage, I managed to create a large opening. I thrust my sword and aim at his neck. Before it could reach his neck, my opponent disappeared into thin air.

I release a sigh and look around. It looks like the other two also finished their fight. Leaving only the three of us.

When there are only three of us, a young man wearing a knight's armor walks to the arena and says,

"Congratulations! You are the winner of this stage! Please give me your card."

I walk toward him and give him my card. I can see his finger glow a little before my card changes into a silver card from a black card.

"The next stage will start tomorrow. Remember to bring your card with you. Other than that? You can go and do whatever you want."

I nod my head and then walk away from the arena. Now, I need to train more and gather more points. Now, where should I go? Unfortunately, the southern forest did not have many more monsters I could hunt. I already checked it the other day. I know there are still some monsters in the deeper part of the forest, but I wanted to avoid going too deep into unfamiliar territory.

Maybe I should go north? I hear there is a dense forest in the northwest of Sol-Falena. I also heard the rumor that it was a hot spot for monsters to spawn. I nod my head. Yeah, let's do that.

=||=

I grunt a little as the monster manages to hurt my chest. I take a vial of potion from my inventory and drink it. I can feel the pain start to vanish, and my body is refreshed. I release a sigh and look at the corpse in front of me.

This place is filled with a rather tough monster. It was an armadillo with a large claw and spiky armor. It can roll at high speed and hit me with its spiky armor, and when I block its attack, the monster gets out of its armor and uses its sharp claw.

The other monster is a giant beetle. Its horn and pincer are strong enough to destroy a fucking trees. They are the most powerful monsters I have ever encountered. If not for my Wind Rune, I would be dead by now.

I manage to make it sleep and finish it in a single strike to its vital point.

I kneel next to the monster I killed and try my best to harvest it. I need to use my instinct to harvest this monster because I never butcher an armadillo.

After a few minutes, I look at the bone and meat on the ground and sigh. I cannot harvest all of them, but I manage to harvest the monster's claws and armor. I have a feeling it was worth more than the meat.

I clean my knife and put it inside my inventory with my loot. After placing the loot inside, I can hear a movement coming from my back. I take out my sword and get into a guard position. A few seconds later, I could see it was the beetle monster.

It stands with its four legs, and the last pair is used for hands. I can see a massive pincer next to its mouth and armor around its back. It was almost two meters tall, maybe one point nine meters tall. Lucky for me, it did not have wings.

I tighten my grip on my sword when I hear it roar before charging at me. I dodge to the left when it gets close to me and swing down my sword at my enemy.

I'm glad my sword is durable because that attack should make a dent in my sword. This type of enemy needs something blunt to destroy its armor. This monster has tough armor that is hard to pierce.

Lucky for me, I know a weak point of this monster. When I make the last beetle monster sleep using my wind rune, I notice there is a gap between its armor. The opening is between its head and body, around its neck.

When I pierce my sword into that gap, its real body is squishy and very vulnerable. Sadly, hitting that part is harder than it looks. So I need the right timing and let it get close enough to my body to have that chance.

I take a deep breath and take a stance with my sword in front of me. I can hear the monster roar and run at me once more. I waited for a few seconds, and when it was a meter away from me, I dodged to the side and grunted a little when I felt the spike on its armor manage to hit my stomach.

I only grunt in pain and swing my sword upwards. I manage to get close enough to see the gap from here. My sword hit its target, and I could feel my sword get deeper and deeper into its flesh. I keep pushing my sword and ignore the pain of getting punched in the gut by my enemy.

After a few seconds of struggle, the monster finally fell to the ground, unmoving.

4